Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
There we go. Someone points out the harsh reality of our situation and the pigheaded idiots among our fanbase insinuate you're a kopite.

We deserve the club we get.
sniff-dogs.gif

This is all down to the carpetbagger...and Kenwright for getting him anywhere near the club...and, tbf, the fans who cared more about the *new stadium* getting built than protesting at the ownership over onfield failure for 6 solid seasons.

Some of us called it, some of us got drunk on the idiot fees paid for tripe players and STFU about it all.

Clear conscience here.

Club has been run like a basket case for to long, the effects we are seeing now, how we paid the guts of 500 mill for this squad and have the wage bill we have is unbelievable, we cant even get a bit of fight out of them. The guardians of the club have done a terrible job since the change of ownership, we really were a well run club that just needed investment before he came, it was harder to get it wrong then right and we have done that spectacularly and in many ways continue to do so. I was reading Denise Barrett-Baxendale about the new stadium, funding and their thorough strategic review during the week and i was thinking of the Clint Eastwood line - "dont piss down my back and tell me its raining".

Im so upset about it NEA. Its criminal. Club in every department is on its knees as bad as i can ever remember it.

Last edited:
Fella has tried his best, but by Christ theres no other way to dress it up as a massive failure.

7 managers, 550m spent, so far into the red that we have to beg the Premier League to spend money and stuck firmly in a relegation battle.

Ive "supported" this fella a lot and honestly again, hes tried, but he stinks.

I disagree that he’s tried his best. Trying his best would entail booting Bill Kenwright as far down the road as humanly possible and going out of his way to find the best of the best to run the club on a day to day basis. He has done none of that in the 6 years he’s been here.

Club has been run like a basket case for to long, the effects we are seeing now, how we paid the guts of 500 mill for this squad and have the wage bill we have is unbelievable, we cant even get a bit of fight out of them. The guardians of the club have done a terrible job since the change of ownership, we really were a well run club that just needed investment before he came, it was harder to get it wrong then right and we have done that spectacularly and in many ways continue to do so. I was reading Denise Barrett-Baxendale about the new stadium, funding and their thorough strategic review and i was thinking of the line by Clint Eastwood in Unforgiven - "dont piss down my back and tell me its raining".

Im so upset about it NEA. Its criminal. Club in every department is on its knees as bad as i can ever remember it.
Spot on mate.

A calamity and a tragedy in football terms. This is a blue chip football institution and Kenwright passed it onto people unfit to be anywhere near it....and I'm not talking about the source of the cash, I'm talking about the lack of feel they had for the industry and Everton's place in it.

More than ruining us financially long term (which they will) they've destroyed our identity. You can see that on these forums. Many of our fans have changed...for the worse: short termist, impatient and entitled.

You keep living in this fantasy world that it’s impossible to do anything without Qatari/Saudi money whereas us in the real world know it can be done with the right people/finances.

Lille won the French title last season while being under ownership from an investment fund based in Luxembourg ffs

Lille needed to finish above one monied side to win something.

We would need to finish above Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Utd, Arsenal, Spurs, Leicester, West Ham & a oil monied Newcastle.

Yeah good luck with that spending £30 million a year and players on small wages.

Lads why are we still talking about winning titles? We are about to be relegated and in a financial black hole.

Moshiri out.

Lille needed to finish above one monied side to win something.

We would need to finish above Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Utd, Arsenal, Spurs, Leicester, West Ham & a oil monied Newcastle.

Yeah good luck with that spending £30 million a year and players on small wages.
It’s not impossible if said players had the right attitude, Jesus Christ

Spot on mate.

A calamity and a tragedy in football terms. This is a blue chip football institution and Kenwright passed it onto people unfit to be anywhere near it....and I'm not talking about the source of the cash, I'm talking about the lack of feel they had for the industry and Everton's place in it.

More than ruining us financially long term (which they will) they've destroyed our identity. You can see that on these forums. Many of our fans have changed...for the worse: short termist, impatient and entitled.

Well said mate, exactly my thoughts we are an incredible institution, of rich identity, culture and history. Its been to be frank, abused, its that simple the clubs been abused - thats how i feel. The life blood of it has been draining from year to year to get to this point. No body identifies with the club or players anymore.

Ive tried to steer clear of Everton social media this week, because i was initially so angry after Wolves - now im just upset, NEA. Some of the threads though ive seen - madness - people saying it could be a good thing if we go down or they dont care, ridiculous stuff, im heartbroken, be one of the darkest days ever. But its turned into Eastenders for many fans, the draw is the drama, that and im sure up and coming Evertonians must find it very hard to identify with the club, it doesn't feel like Everton anymore since Moshiri came in - those fans never had a chance really.

What's our biggest contributor to the losses though? It infrastructure? Cos it can't be the squad wages and fees surely
89% of our revenue goes on wages, so I’m guessing it’s fees

To put that into context, before moshiri joined our wage to revenue was about 54% and was one of the best in the premier league. And we had about 25 million in debt, again one of the lowest in the league.

we now have the 10th highest debt in all of football. It’s completely bonkers.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back