Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
If the worst happens and we are relegated, we will lose the TV money and we will have to sell almost all of our decent players for cut-price fees.
Amid your prescient tale of woe, I am consoled by this point. Honestly, can anybody really say we have any decent players? If we have decent players, now is the time for them to prove it. I just see a timid, lethargic, weak-spirited rabble. They've been like this for years. And no level of frustrated ground-punching from Richarlison will convince me otherwise.

If we have decent players, we'll stay up. If we go down, the rats will desert the sinking ship - and that might actually be the only way we will get rid of these useless parasites. The Gomeses and Iwobis of the world will be forced to take a wage cut if they wish to play top level football elsewhere. Their overweening sense of entitlement will compel them to move as they are far too good for second tier football - in their own deluded minds. And they will have takers, because there is always a Marcel Brands-like figure in the Premier League.

Amid your prescient tale of woe, I am consoled by this point. Honestly, can anybody really say we have any decent players? If we have decent players, now is the time for them to prove it. I just see a timid, lethargic, weak-spirited rabble. They've been like this for years. And no level of frustrated ground-punching from Richarlison will convince me otherwise.

If we have decent players, we'll stay up. If we go down, the rats will desert the sinking ship - and that might actually be the only way we will get rid of these useless parasites. The Gomeses and Iwobis of the world will be forced to take a wage cut if they wish to play top level football elsewhere. Their overweening sense of entitlement will compel them to move as they are far too good for second tier football - in their own deluded minds. And they will have takers, because there is always a Marcel Brands-like figure in the Premier League.
It's not a tale of woe, it's the reality of being a poorly ran business. No amount of pigheadedness about the consequences of our actions will stop us being in serious trouble. The Athletic have just released a piece about it, actually

lol

You think we're getting £200m from those 3 players??

Jesus Christ

What about the loss of income from USM, renegotiation of every other commercial contract we have, much much lower shirt sponsorship deal. And then you need to factor in that every player does not have a relegation clause contract. So Keane, Iwobi, Rondon, Townsend, Coleman (players who most likely we won't be able to shift) will be eating away at around £350k a week of wages (£18m a year)
See the bit where I say, you work out the rest
Probably means I didn’t think we’d sell all them for 170mil. +the 30mil.

We can sell other players as well you know.

I didn’t realise grandoldteam did an idiot week

lol

You think we're getting £200m from those 3 players??

Jesus Christ

What about the loss of income from USM, renegotiation of every other commercial contract we have, much much lower shirt sponsorship deal. And then you need to factor in that every player does not have a relegation clause contract. So Keane, Iwobi, Rondon, Townsend, Coleman (players who most likely we won't be able to shift) will be eating away at around £350k a week of wages (£18m a year)
Go and read the piece paddy Boyland wrote in the Athletic. And stop believing cockney journalists who haven’t a clue about our club and are trying to paint the worst picture to get Clicks.

We will lose 300mil. BDM won’t happen, goodison will be sold. Administration, points deduction. All our players sold for peanuts. And we will have the play the under 18’s for the next 5yr
Ffs

Usmanov by all accounts gives us 15mil a year, we will find new sponsorship. Maybe we lose 7.5 mil a year, well we gain 30mil when the out of contract players leave.

According to Paddy the club do have relegation clause for some players.

And we are negotiating a better shirt deal than Cazoo.

Ok things will look different if we go down.

So maybe stop wetting your knickers and let’s see what happens for the remainder of this season.

It's not a tale of woe, it's the reality of being a poorly ran business. No amount of pigheadedness about the consequences of our actions will stop us being in serious trouble. The Athletic have just released a piece about it, actually

A club being relegated from the money spinning Premier League would face financial implications that 'shift the dial'?

Who'd have thought eh?

FFS.

Now I remember why I cancelled a subscription to that BS rag.

Go and read the piece paddy Boyland wrote in the Athletic. And stop believing cockney journalists who haven’t a clue about our club and are trying to paint the worst picture to get Clicks.

We will lose 300mil. BDM won’t happen, goodison will be sold. Administration, points deduction. All our players sold for peanuts. And we will have the play the under 18’s for the next 5yr
Ffs

Usmanov by all accounts gives us 15mil a year, we will find new sponsorship. Maybe we lose 7.5 mil a year, well we gain 30mil when the out of contract players leave.

So maybe stop wetting your knickers and let’s see what happens for the remainder of this season.
Yeah you're not negotiating a better deal than Cazoo when you're in the EPL - that's just a lie.
USM overpaid for the Sponsorship, due to him not officially having any shares in the club, so again nobody is paying £7.5 a year to sponsor the ground and training facilities whilst you're in the EPL
All other sponsorship deals will be renegotiated - from the big ones to the small ones - you're not in the PL so exposure is massively limited
Even if some players have relegation release clauses, others don't - so maybe I'm wrong by £5m pa

However, the club have posted losses of £130m (IIRC)

The man has financially ruined us

Yeah you're not negotiating a better deal than Cazoo when you're in the EPL - that's just a lie.
USM overpaid for the Sponsorship, due to him not officially having any shares in the club, so again nobody is paying £7.5 a year to sponsor the ground and training facilities whilst you're in the EPL
All other sponsorship deals will be renegotiated - from the big ones to the small ones - you're not in the PL so exposure is massively limited
Even if some players have relegation release clauses, others don't - so maybe I'm wrong by £5m pa

Come to back to me in June and see what league we’re in.

Ffs

Some of our fans just thrive on negatively.

Its really weird.

A club being relegated from the money spinning Premier League would face financial implications that 'shift the dial'?

Who'd have thought eh?

FFS.

Now I remember why I cancelled a subscription to that BS rag.

We wont play the EFL like a fiddle the way we do the PL. They take no prisoners with making losses down there.

Couldn’t agree more, the guy has saddled us with debt (10th highest in the world) , our wage to revenue ratio is something like 80%, we have been bleeding 100+ of losses each year.

If the stadium doesn’t happen, by every metric we would be in a far worse position than before he got involved, whilst spending 700+ million doing so.

How does a widely-acclaimed accountant who deals with multi-billion pound businesses and transactions acquire a solid, mid-to-higher end premier league, +140 year old British establishment, pump in not far north of £600M and end up with such an absolute basket case?

If I were a shareholder, however small, I'd be demanding answers about the total and diabolical mismanagement of the Club. Its infantile incompetence at best, or something much more sinister at worst.

Its been a shambolic tenure and theres high probability it will get much worse. From boardroom to playing staff it's almost incomprehensible how they've managed to put OUR Club in such a perilous, dangerous state. Nothing, absolutely nothing should shock us as Evertonians any longer.

Tonight is huge. I feel sick with it and have done since the Watford defeat. The only minute piece of enjoyment or calm I'll get tonight is sitting in the Old Lady as I have done for over 40 years and being with other Evertonians suffering the same heartache.

Massive, massive, massive game for us tonight.

We wont play the EFL like a fiddle the way we do the PL. They take no prisoners with making losses down there.
This is all down to the carpetbagger...and Kenwright for getting him anywhere near the club...and, tbf, the fans who cared more about the *new stadium* getting built than protesting at the ownership over onfield failure for 6 solid seasons.

Some of us called it, some of us got drunk on the idiot fees paid for tripe players and STFU about it all.

Clear conscience here.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back