Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Is it? I don't have a clue about club finances but he's a journo so assumed he's getting it from somewhere and correct
Hes getting it from the club.

We have thrown a few numbers on a piece of paper, hoping the Premier League dont look too closely at them.

To be honest I doubt they want us making a big fuss if they sanction us, they dont want us pointing fingers at their "champions" City, so personally I reckon they brush it all under the carpet.

It doesnt mean we can take the pee like.

Important points to note regarding the wages point....

We ran a 30 June 2021 year end. Since this date, we have sold James, Digne, Bernard, Kean (possibly, not sure on loan terms). Also, Walcott, Bolasie, King, Benningime, Besic, Olsen, Pennington have left the club.

We have added some players yes, but I'd say the overall figure of wages is likely to have reduced, possibly by a good amount. The problem is it still needs to drop a lot further, and the days of long term contracts with 6 figures a week need to be over at this club.

A week or so ago, Simon Jordan, who had previously said he couldnt see how we wouldnt breach the limits, said he had reversed his position "Because 2 Everton fans had contacted him via Twitter and explained how we could present the accounts to be acceptable to the PL".

Seems they were correct.
He had a debate with the esk on twitter,and at the end said the esk was right and we wouldn’t be deduced points

Important points to note regarding the wages point....

We ran a 30 June 2021 year end. Since this date, we have sold James, Digne, Bernard, Kean (possibly, not sure on loan terms). Also, Walcott, Bolasie, King, Benningime, Besic, Olsen, Pennington have left the club.

We have added some players yes, but I'd say the overall figure of wages is likely to have reduced, possibly by a good amount. The problem is it still needs to drop a lot further, and the days of long term contracts with 6 figures a week need to be over at this club.
I dont see massive savings myself.

Of course these are made up and ive missed a few names, but still.

Bolasie 70k
Walcott 100k
Bernard 120k
Hamez 200k
Digne 80k

El Ghazi 60k
Beeky 90k
Rondon 80k
Townsend 100k
Alli 100k
Gray 80k
Patterson 30k
Myko 30k

Of course my figures are made up and not accurate.

There are no simple answers to our finances but there are three things that need to happen

1) We need to find new commercial sponsors/partners and the income needs to be more than our previous deals
2) We need to substantially reduce the size of our squad and the wages we pay to average football players.
3) We need to start selling players for proper fees, and stop the constant exodus of players from the club on free transfers.

He had a debate with the esk on twitter,and at the end said the esk was right and we wouldn’t be deduced points

Not on Twitter, but assumed he (Esk) was part of it.

As well as the wages off the books, from an accounting point of view, we actually made a profit on Digne and James. Obvs, there were other stuff as well.

Upturn in revenue is a bit baffling with 0.2m in Match revenue (ticket sales) yet our revenue increased to a record 193 million, I assume all TV, Sponsorship and Merchandise Sales?

The overall accounts don't make great reading but the Share Issue will offset a portion but will surely have to be recouped at some point when Moshiri sells up?

Anyone done the match on Sustainability and Profit yet?
I guess the rules still under discussion so may be a bit premature.

Relegation, if happens will cost us dearly.

Happy days?

I dont see massive savings myself.

Of course these are made up and ive missed a few names, but still.

Bolasie 70k
Walcott 100k
Bernard 120k
Hamez 200k
Digne 80k

El Ghazi 60k
Beeky 90k
Rondon 80k
Townsend 100k
Alli 100k
Gray 80k
Patterson 30k
Myko 30k

Of course my figures are made up and not accurate.

We will never know, and our winter signings will have added to the wages again. But equally, not all those incomings will have been paid the full season as they only joined.

I am still absolutely not happy with the size of our squad and our wage budget.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back