Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Not sure you read my one line post properly: "but the cash has always been there. Can’t fault him for that."
What's the point in putting the money forward if it's spent poorly? So again can fault him, the money is worthless if it's wasted. Better to offer less money and invest it well.

It's boss 30 million was made available for iwobi , or 45 million was made available for siggurdson.

@Ghost Rider sums it up perfectly.

I Promised myself I wouldn't engage with you but here I am. :coffee:

Its ridiculous that you cannot see how he has hogtied us totally with his wayward spending and failure to offset any of it. Financially we are on paper "Bankrupt" its that simple. he walks away, we go under and to be honest HE can afford to, we, the fans on the other hand who have invested, time, money etc etc cannot simply switch off from Everton.

YES we all wanted to splash the cash and play billy big bollocks but we did not ask for a scattergun approach to finances that Moshiri and his sycophant Bill have adopted. Its a suicide mission by them both and I hold BOTH responsible 100%

Its time we let them know this too.

To have this club in this position after 6 years is criminal, negligent and a travesty for us all.

The same position every club who spends the sort of coin needed will find themselves in chasing the riches of the CL if they don't get extremely fortunate with recruitment (i.e Leicester who even they are starting to slide).

Aston Villa will be next spending money on "ready" players like Digne, Coutinho etc on big wages approaching 29/30+.

West Ham finished 6th last season and look to be finishing 7th/8th - for them to push on and fight for the top 4/5 they'll have to spend way above their current turnover unless Moyes can work miracles like he did here and even then he never could ultimately push us on.

The rules are in place to ensure the status quo - when Mosh Man goes one day you'll get your wish for healthy accounts but the price you'll pay is knowing at the start of the season you'll be fighting for 8th-10th at best in this league - you'll be licking the glass on the bulletproof ceiling above you.

You wont be singing spirit of the bloos again watching a James Rodriguez on the pitch, Carlo Ancelotti in the dugout and being sat in the top 6 with genuine hopes of a good season with a bit of luck with injuries.

Last edited:

There's lots of assumptions that moshiri has personally funded transfers/the new stadium. Until he formally writes off our debt, it is still on the club. Things can change in an instant. He could just as easily asset strip and bail, leaving the club to go under.

Has anything been officially announced about the stadium funding? Is there anything stopping moshiri from "owning" Bramley Moore and leasing it to Everton and/or taking the proceeds from the sale of goodison?

Moshiri is a business man, he certainly has not spent money well but there are still plenty of opportunities for him to make a profit at Everton.

First, he has to start making better decisions on the football side and at first sight the appointments of Thelwell and Lampard seem positive.

The new stadium will catapult Everton onto a different level and if we are still a Premiership club at that time then the club . if sold, would ensure that he at least breaks even or probably makes a profit.

Staying in the Premiership is obviously key to all of his plans.

The same position every club who spends the sort of coin needed will find themselves in chasing the riches of the CL if they don't get extremely fortunate with recruitment (i.e Leicester who even they are starting to slide).

Aston Villa will be next spending money on "ready" players like Digne, Coutinho etc on big wages approaching 29/30+.

West Ham finished 6th last season and look to be finishing 7th/8th - for them to push on and fight for the top 4/5 they'll have to spend way above their current turnover unless Moyes can work miracles like he did here and even then he never could ultimately push us on.

The rules are in place to ensure the status quo - when Mosh Man goes one day you'll get your wish for healthy accounts but the price you'll pay is knowing at the start of the season you'll be fighting for 8th-10th at best in this league - you'll be licking the glass on the bulletproof ceiling above you.

You wont be singing spirit of the bloos again watching a James Rodriguez on the pitch, Carlo Ancelotti in the dugout and being sat in the top 6 with genuine hopes of a good season with a bit of luck with injuries.

At least we know FFP isn't taken seriously. Moshiri is basically laughing at the PL with those Covid losses. We can spend what we like now and if we have to can just find loopholes like City did.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back