Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I think that’s an excellent point mate and something I’ve given thought to of late.

The financial well-being of the club, has been largely down to poor decision making all be it, we at one stage had the means to bet big. We made poor, poor decisions.

Now we have clear financial limits and constraints, what makes us think we will make better decisions under more pressure and stricter limits - it’s likely we won’t. But like a novice problamatic gambler, we could be chasing the win, betting smaller but still making those poor choices.

Certainly this season has been chaotic and bereft of the one thing we needed consistency and sustainability in approach - it’s been anything but and look where we are.

We’re like a gambler trying to chase our losses and bad luck by betting more, waiting for the luck to change - that’s how it feels to me.
Post of the day

I hated Alladyce, but that firing looks more and more like hubris as time goes on.

It was crap football to watch mate but thats this squads level unfortunately.

Problem is our fans want to see us play like Man City when we just aint good enough.

Lampard needs to realise that and tighten the ship until he can boot a few oot in the summer.

Shouldn't have fired Alladyce in all honestly.

Had us 8th with a starting 11 worse than what we have now.

Would have stabilised the club for a few years imo but as usual many fans kicked and screamed and wanted their pound of flesh and pushed the owner into booting him under the aspirations of a "young, progressive" manager.

Silva got 8th and had us playing very good , exciting stuff in the spring of 2019, remember when we smashed Man U 4-0, no way allardyce would have done that

Marco was let down by poor recruitment and some VAR calls that bordered on the suspicious

Shouldn't have fired Alladyce in all honestly.

Had us 8th with a starting 11 worse than what we have now.

Would have stabilised the club for a few years imo but as usual many fans kicked and screamed and wanted their pound of flesh and pushed the owner into booting him under the aspirations of a "young, progressive" manager.
He was appalling. And he may have got us 8th, but the league was garbage that season. I mean, koeman got us 7th the season before and needed 61 points.

Both of Carlos league positions were lower despite getting more points and his full season having a full 10 points more than allardyce.

Allardyce was the most kneejerk and unnecessary manager decision we have made and was our 2nd lowest points total since 03/04. And it cost us a lot of money.

Silva got 8th and had us playing very good , exciting stuff in the spring of 2019, remember when we smashed Man U 4-0, no way allardyce would have done that

Marco was let down by poor recruitment and some VAR calls that bordered on the suspicious

Brands knackered him by selling Gana/losing Zouma and not replacing either on top of signing Kean rather than an experienced CF to lead the line whilst DCL developed.

But even then I still believe Silva would have had us no better than what Martinez did.

Koeman and Alladyce the only two who I think could have had us regularly top half with solid recruitment and structure in place but both were ultimately unlikeable and the fans couldn't take to either.

Last edited:
Brands knackered him by selling Gana/losing Zouma and not replacing either on top of signing Kean rather than an experienced CF to lead the line whilst DCL developed.

But even then I still believe Silva would have had us no better than what Martinez did.

Koeman and Alladyce the only two who I think could have had us top half with solid recruitment and structure in place but both were ultimately unlikeable and the fans couldn't take to either.

IDK

Koeman was decent but he really benefited from a very weak league at the time. No Wolves or Villa, West ham and Leicester were crap, we were sort of automatically the 7th best, especially with Lukaku

Allardyce, well maybe he got us 8th but frankly going 3 games without a shot on target is beyond the pale, he should never have been hired anyways. Total knee jerk in response to a largely imaginary relegation threat

Koeman and Alladyce the only two who I think could have had us regularly top half with solid recruitment and structure in place but both were ultimately unlikeable and the fans couldn't take to either.
Silva was insistent on Zouma despite it being a dead horse, Brands had another loanee from Chelsea lined up in Tomori then Chelsea pulled the deal because David Luiz decided he wanted to join Arsenal

He chose Moshiri. You don't wash your hands clean of the affair if you sell to someone who let's you continue to run the club. This is on Kenwright, you're absolutely deluded if you can't see that.
I dont recall too many people begging him to not sell to him at the time, or moaning when he did.
We needed Bill to stay majority shareholder, since in his hands the club was jn safe hands, its a pity more couldn't see that at the time.
Moshiri bought the club, and has done serious damage to it, which is on his and only his shoulders.

I dont recall too many people begging him to not sell to him at the time, or moaning when he did.
We needed Bill to stay majority shareholder, since in his hands the club was jn safe hands, its a pity more couldn't see that at the time.
Moshiri bought the club, and has done serious damage to it, which is on his and only his shoulders.

So? If you buy a tin of baked beans from the supermarket and they've gone off inside, it's not the supermarket's fault is it? You don't blame the customer for buying it do you? You go back to the source. We're not the ones with the responsibility, Bill was. And he failed.

Hard to believe Moshiri is an accountant.

The wages to turnover ratio is alarming to say the least. We're lucky to avoid a points deduction. This year. But about next year?

Will you say that when he bails?

He's killing the club.

There are nails in the lid of the coffin.

He needs fakkin off and now.

Yes I will still say that because it’s still factually true. He bought us, we demand new players every year and he brings them. We demand poor managers get sacked and he sacks them.

Again, money isn’t spent right but it is spent.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back