Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
We tried our best to get rid of him if only the fanbase got behind us eh...

Meanwhile super bloo Mikeh72 spends 24/7 on the internet calling Moshiri nasty names.

That'll show him !!
You didn't once surf on the back of Kenwright's car. That's how you remove an owner.

Why should the fanbase get behind you? People have different opinions.

Realistically "your" campaign failed because it was just shouting and no alternatives being offered up.

And the clown was a terrible move.

MikeH has not called Moshiri any nasty names? He has just said how things are?

Before Moshiri came I don't believe we had made on operating loss of three hundred million in three years, or been in severe danger of being punished for breaking financial regulations. Then there is the stadium, I'm sure nobody truly believes Moshiri is going to pay for it, well perhaps one poster believes it, but surely nobody else. The club, who are losing money hand over fist, will be saddled with a five hundred million debt to repay.

The other thing to keep in mind is that the Money he has wasted since he came in hasn't come out of his pocket, he has already converted a sizable chunk of it into equity in the club. Billy Liar was not a great owner of the club, but, he was better than this chancer.

But I thought (maybe wrongly, as I say I’m no expert) that BK was still advising Moshiri? The club didn’t have the millions to waste when he was the main financier and we regularly sold our best players for big money, something we haven’t done at all in the last 5 years, unless you count the money we got for Gueye.

I’m defo not defending him, I’m just unsure as to what else he could have done other than give us money to spend.

It's absolutely ridiculous. BK is not "pulling the strings" Moshiri is, that's what he is here to do and he has overseen disaster after disaster since he got here. Employing managers that went totally against the identity of the club, weird conversations with Jim White, casually racially abusing our best players mum etc, bringing in DOFs and then not letting them do their job etc. This is all on him.

As I have said before I think Moshiri's heart is in the right place but he has been an utter shambles so far, and before people blame BK for bringing him in, who the hell could have predicted any of this stuff?

BK is the only constant, though. That’s why people will point fingers at him, if he left and we were in this position then you could solely blame him.

But I thought (maybe wrongly, as I say I’m no expert) that BK was still advising Moshiri? The club didn’t have the millions to waste when he was the main financier and we regularly sold our best players for big money, something we haven’t done at all in the last 5 years, unless you count the money we got for Gueye.

I’m defo not defending him, I’m just unsure as to what else he could have done other than give us money to spend.
Just off the top of my head, he could have used his alleged financial knowledge to keep the budget in control, he could have employed competent people to run the club, he could have stayed away from his ill advised media embarrassments with Jim White, oh and perhaps not publicly accused our star player's mother of practising voodoo.

As I say that is just a few things off the top of my head. You do realise that this once well respected club has become a laughing stock under Moshiri do you?

You want us relegated so (in your opinion) you can watch better footy. Show some respect to our club.

If you only support Everton because of the league we're in then we're different types of supporters.

I'll follow Everton in League Two end of the day so I dont care about relegation its as natural in football as dying is in real life - going to happen to everyone at some stage.

But I guarantee some of the prominent figures on Everton social media / Everton forums will cut and run if we go down because they only have interest in the glitz of the Premier League.

PL Fanboys - Moshiri and the club will be better off without them as will those waiting for a season ticket.

If you only support Everton because of the league we're in then we're different types of supporters.
Supported them for 37 years lad, through times as bad as these. Nowhere did I state I'd stop supporting them. If you want to drop a league because you want easier games to win, that says more about you as a person than anything. Absolute dosser.

Just off the top of my head, he could have used his alleged financial knowledge to keep the budget in control, he could have employed competent people to run the club, he could have stayed away from his ill advised media embarrassments with Jim White, oh and perhaps not publicly accused our star player's mother of practising voodoo.

As I say that is just a few things off the top of my head. You do realise that this once well respected club has become a laughing stock under Moshiri do you?

It was a laughing stock prior to Moshiri being involved, the only thing that saved BK from sending us under was the appointment of Moyes.

I do agree with your points, though. I’m just not convinced that it’s all on Moshiri. What we are seeing now is the result of decades of poor management from the top, as oppose to just the last 5 years alone.

Supported them for 37 years lad, through times as bad as these. Nowhere did I state I'd stop supporting them. If you want to drop a league because you want easier games to win, that says more about you as a person than anything. Absolute dosser.

Wasn't referring to you in particular baldylocks.

And no I dont want to drop a league because its easier. If you cant be bothered to read my post then you shouldn't waste @ForeverBlue92 precious time.

Relegation = part of football if you aint good enough over a season. If someone cant accept that then they should go support one of the Big 6 ESL cheats who want rid of it.

If Everton are one of those teams not good enough over a season - then thats fair enough I'll support them in the division below.

The issue is Sky TV/ The PL / Richard Masters etc have convinced the average punter in the UK that the PL is the be all and end all, that Football didn't exist before 1992, that if you go down your club ceases to exist and your life is filled with misery because you cant pay overrated players 100k a week and visit Old Trafford once a season.

Sadly so many supporters believe that nonsense and put themselves through stress and mental anguish worrying about "going down" when the reality is if it happens it will change little to nothing in your ability to support/watch Everton play football.

Last edited:
It was a laughing stock prior to Moshiri being involved, the only thing that saved BK from sending us under was the appointment of Moyes.

I do agree with your points, though. I’m just not convinced that it’s all on Moshiri. What we are seeing now is the result of decades of poor management from the top, as oppose to just the last 5 years alone.
The poor management was never as poor as this, I truly believe this man will be in danger of bankrupting us before the stadium is built. I just hope we struggle on until then and that he sells up as soon as possible.

By the way, I dont believe we were a laughing stock before Moshiri, and, we were always respected as a decent club until he darkened our door.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back