Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Wasn't referring to you in particular baldylocks.

And no I dont want to drop a league because its easier. If you cant be bothered to read my post then you shouldn't waste @ForeverBlue92 precious time.

Relegation = part of football if you aint good enough over a season. If someone cant accept that then they should go support one of the Big 6 ESL cheats who want rid of it.

If Everton are one of those teams not good enough over a season - then thats fair enough I'll support them in the division below.

The issue is Sky TV/ The PL / Richard Masters etc have convinced the average punter in the UK that the PL is the be all and end all, that Football didn't exist before 1992, that if you go down your club ceases to exist and your life is filled with misery because you cant pay overrated players 100k a week and visit Old Trafford once a season.

Sadly so many supporters believe that nonsense and put themselves through stress and mental anguish worrying about "going down" when the reality is if it happens it will change little to nothing in your ability to support/watch Everton play football.

Someone else take over beating him with the hose please, I'm tired.

Totally different - Goodison is over a century years old whereas BMD will be erected in the modern age of the digital era and in the age of modern football thats watched world wide.

Everytime a boat goes past BMD the question will be "who built that work of art dad/grandad?"

"Daddy, what's that building?

"Well, it's the world famous and iconic Royal Liver Building: a symbol of Liverpool's greatness and pivotal part of our city's history."

"Who made it?"

"Errrrr.... do you want another cornetto?"

There needs to be some proper reporting done by "Sports Journalists" into what would actually happen if we go down with our finances the way they are.

The EFL are absolutely lethal when it comes to sanctioning clubs who break their rules. Will there be any intermediary timeframe where we will be exempt from sanctions whilst we try and balance our books or will they be able to sanction us straight away?

Moshiri has completely cratered this club, and I don't think we've seen the worst of it yet.

BK is the only constant, though. That’s why people will point fingers at him, if he left and we were in this position then you could solely blame him.
He is not a constant though as we are talking the difference between ambling along and being a complete crapstorm of idiocy.

It's 2022, Kenwright has not been calling the shots for years. Slating him for the past is fine but maybe we should be slating the personal responsible for our mess now. Or is it really a case of putting money in means that whatever he does gets a pass even if that includes making us look awful and destroying the whole clubs identity?

But I thought (maybe wrongly, as I say I’m no expert) that BK was still advising Moshiri? The club didn’t have the millions to waste when he was the main financier and we regularly sold our best players for big money, something we haven’t done at all in the last 5 years, unless you count the money we got for Gueye.

I’m defo not defending him, I’m just unsure as to what else he could have done other than give us money to spend.
Not racially abuse our best players mother?
Not appoint an abhorrent RS legend who was 10 years past his prime as our manager?
Not sign Cenk Tosun because he played well for Monaco once?
Not give the keys to the club to above mentioned RS legend, allow him to chop everything and then remove him the next week.
Not to sign random players when there is no manager or DOF at the club?
Not appoint multiple DOFs and then bring in multiple managers and allow them to make their own signings which complete negates any use for a DOF.
If Kenwright truly is the problem (he's not but whatever) then get rid of him. Show some backbone.
Turn up to a game?

There are lots and lots of things he could have done (or not done).

Not racially abuse our best players mother?
Not appoint an abhorrent RS legend who was 10 years past his prime as our manager?
Not sign Cenk Tosun because he played well for Monaco once?
Not give the keys to the club to above mentioned RS legend, allow him to chop everything and then remove him the next week.
Not to sign random players when there is no manager or DOF at the club?
Not appoint multiple DOFs and then bring in multiple managers and allow them to make their own signings which complete negates any use for a DOF.
If Kenwright truly is the problem (he's not but whatever) then get rid of him. Show some backbone.
Turn up to a game?

There are lots and lots of things he could have done (or not done).

All very fair points, Farhad out!! Actually, the lot of them out!

Nice one Farhad.

table.webp

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back