Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
This is a ridiculous take yet seems to have so much traction on here.

It's on Moshiri! He owns the bloody club!
Yep and Bill invited him to the party so he could stay on. Just using that logic determined the type of buyer we were going to get. Beggars belief that Bill comes out smelling of roses.

???

If Kenwright had done the right thing and stepped aside I have no doubt Moshiri would have hired a decent Chairman to replace him and things would be much better.

Moshiri is by no means blameless. It seems to me (I’m defo not an expert btw), that he has been totally misled; which for a successful businessman is extremely careless.

We’ve been a complete mess for decades, all under the leadership of BK. The only thing missing was money. Yet, we now have the money and are in a worse state, with BK still pulling the strings.

How is that ridiculous? It’s not like we were a brilliantly ran club before Mosh, and now we are a mess.
This is so true.

An accountant without a plan is suprising
throwing more money after bad money since he arrived with no stability or continuity, no plan
He’s essentially a criminal more than an accountant. Illegally acquiring assets via third parties. The actual footballing side of things is well down the list of priorities - if it even makes the list at all.

We’ve been done up like kippers.

We’ve been a complete mess for decades, all under the leadership of BK. The only thing missing was money. Yet, we now have the money and are in a worse state, with BK still pulling the strings.

How is that ridiculous? It’s not like we were a brilliantly ran club before Mosh, and now we are a mess.
Before Moshiri came I don't believe we had made on operating loss of three hundred million in three years, or been in severe danger of being punished for breaking financial regulations. Then there is the stadium, I'm sure nobody truly believes Moshiri is going to pay for it, well perhaps one poster believes it, but surely nobody else. The club, who are losing money hand over fist, will be saddled with a five hundred million debt to repay.

The other thing to keep in mind is that the Money he has wasted since he came in hasn't come out of his pocket, he has already converted a sizable chunk of it into equity in the club. Billy Liar was not a great owner of the club, but, he was better than this chancer.

It's absolutely ridiculous. BK is not "pulling the strings" Moshiri is, that's what he is here to do and he has overseen disaster after disaster since he got here. Employing managers that went totally against the identity of the club, weird conversations with Jim White, casually racially abusing our best players mum etc, bringing in DOFs and then not letting them do their job etc. This is all on him.

As I have said before I think Moshiri's heart is in the right place but he has been an utter shambles so far, and before people blame BK for bringing him in, who the hell could have predicted any of this stuff?

It's absolutely ridiculous. BK is not "pulling the strings" Moshiri is, that's what he is here to do and he has overseen disaster after disaster since he got here. Employing managers that went totally against the identity of the club, weird conversations with Jim White, casually racially abusing our best players mum etc, bringing in DOFs and then not letting them do their job etc. This is all on him.

As I have said before I think Moshiri's heart is in the right place but he has been an utter shambles so far, and before people blame BK for bringing him in, who the hell could have predicted any of this stuff?
I dont think it is. Its just been an easy target for money laundering/asset acqusiton via fraud by him. And we have been played like a fiddle.

Really he should be sanctioned in the current climate. in fact it could be why he hasnt been in the country for so long.

Well it wasn’t up to us to predict this stuff, it was up to Kenwright as the custodian of the club at the time to properly vet any potential buyers. It is entirely his fault we ended up with this dangerous clown running the club into the ground.

Yep and Bill invited him to the party so he could stay on. Just using that logic determined the type of buyer we were going to get. Beggars belief that Bill comes out smelling of roses.
He's not smelling of roses though is he? He is getting blamed for something that isn't even down to him.

Some people will always have the same issues with Kenwright, and that's fine, but to pin this mess on him is just burying your head in the sand.

He can be part of the problem, of course he can be, but this is all on Moshiri's watch, nobody elses.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back