Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Never mind the atrocious mess he's made of this club financially, his biggest and most unforgivable crimes, as far as I'm concerned, were the appointments of Allardyce and Benitez. They were the low points of 60 years supporting Everton. We have been great, terrible and mediocre, in pretty much even measures during the time I've been a blue, but, it's only under Moshiri's stewardship that we have become a laughing stock and a club with no dignity.
This 100%

Benitez was the most ridiculous appointment ever made and not just in terms of Everton, but football wide, it showed Moshiri for what he is and yet apologist like @ForeverBlue92 drink at the fountain of his seed.

Moshiri could well be sounding a death knell on Our Club and its totally and utterly unacceptable.

This 100%

Benitez was the most ridiculous appointment ever made and not just in terms of Everton, but football wide, it showed Moshiri for what he is and yet apologist like @ForeverBlue92 drink at the fountain of his seed.

Moshiri could well be sounding a death knell on Our Club and its totally and utterly unacceptable.

Utter rubbish.

Last time I checked Benitez left the club with us 16th in January 2022 and we are now in April 2022 in 17th with a manager playing Kenny at LB.

Some may have already given this a read, some may have saw the length and thought F that, but I think it's at best a good reflective of the last 10 plus years.

Years of mismanagement, rudderless recruitment, & players with little attitude to fight [gutless cowards] has led us to this point... & yet we still control out own fate - for now atleast

I'll admit a bias given it was myself who typed [zero proof read so is a little incomprehensible in places - it was an alternative to bleach].

Utter rubbish.

Last time I checked Benitez left the club with us 16th in January 2022 and we are now in April 2022 in 17th with a manager playing Kenny at LB.
Mykolenko has started the last few games, hasn't he?

Anyway, in terms of Benitez I think the run of losing nine of out thirteen games, with our worst record since Mike Walker, did the damage.

Mykolenko has started the last few games, hasn't he?

Anyway, in terms of Benitez I think the run of losing nine of out thirteen games, with our worst record since Mike Walker, did the damage.

Bingo! The rot was well and truly set in under the kopite, all creativity moved on and a fractured fan base/team left to tidy up for his replacement.

Sure though, let's blame Lampard equally.

Is it Moshiri’s fault that we are in the mess we are in?

I’m unsure, he’s put the financial backing in that we longed for during the Moyes era. Unfortunately, he was successfully duped in to believing Kenwright was the right man to leave at the helm.

I don’t think it’s been a successful time for him, however, I don’t think he can take all the blame for where we are. For me, the buck stops at one man, and that is Bill “good times” Kenwright.

The bit that haunts me (having bought in to his arrival with Uncle Ussy in the background) is not being a museum.
And having a small window of opportunity.

Not only have we missed that small window of opportunity, but we're not just a museum we're ancient relics.

The money spent to end up on a tightrope wire above relegation. It's mismanagment of the highest order.

I have this image or parallel of Everton the absolute mid-table team in the league and mediocre in existance,
doing nothing of note. While we see teams go down it barely resonates. We see teams like Newcastle and Villa and also Norwich and Watford, slip down but we don't think about them as it's not us, in our mediocre existance.

But time passes and these teams return, along with the likes of Leeds, and while some of them have renewed optimism, they see Everton still pondering as a nothing football club. Just existing.

Which is the point really. We've not sleepwalked in to possible relegation it's a certaintly that we will be relegated at some point because the club is run by clowns. They've let us drop out of being a relevant football club. We don't compete at the top or in Europe. The farcial way the club has been run in the last few years we are now reaping what we sow.

Sure we've had bad times before and been relegated. Until this parody of incompetent clowns running the club are gone we will remain completely inadequate as a football club. I find it hard to digest some people praise them.

Never ever forget, the owner of Everton football club once, publicly, said this:

"His agent went to Finch Farm to sign the contract," he said, "Then somehow during the meeting, Romelu called his mother and said she was on a pilgrimage to Africa and had seen some sort of voodoo message that said he had to sign for Chelsea."
Not wanting to look like an idiot or nothing I've looked it up, was he making a joke or was he actually being serious and had misunderstood an event. I do know in the African nations, they take voodoo and witchcraft seriously, I don't know whether many African players practice their traditional religions, but it's still a bizarre thing to reveal to the media, when talking about a serious issue.

I’m unsure, he’s put the financial backing in that we longed for during the Moyes era. Unfortunately, he was successfully duped in to believing Kenwright was the right man to leave at the helm.

I don’t think it’s been a successful time for him, however, I don’t think he can take all the blame for where we are. For me, the buck stops at one man, and that is Bill “good times” Kenwright.
This is a ridiculous take yet seems to have so much traction on here.

It's on Moshiri! He owns the bloody club!

This is a ridiculous take yet seems to have so much traction on here.

It's on Moshiri! He owns the bloody club!

We’ve been a complete mess for decades, all under the leadership of BK. The only thing missing was money. Yet, we now have the money and are in a worse state, with BK still pulling the strings.

How is that ridiculous? It’s not like we were a brilliantly ran club before Mosh, and now we are a mess.

???

If Kenwright had done the right thing and stepped aside I have no doubt Moshiri would have hired a decent Chairman to replace him and things would be much better.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back