Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Haven't you read the narrative we would be regularly in europe and winning trophies under anyone but Moshiri just look at Palace, Brighton, Saints, Villa, Wolves, Newcastle, Brentford, Leeds, Fulha.... oh wait !

I don't think anyone has said that?

If you need to constantly lie to validate your point, it isn't a very good point to begin with.

Stop looking back and look forward.
I'm looking at the present. And moshiri has us as relegation battlers, selling our best player and most important goal threat. Forget what could be in 3 years time, because if we get relegated before then, it won't matter.

And for someone who says the club isn't for sale, giving a consortium (that publically stated they want to buy us) a period of exclusivity to go over the books is an odd way to go about not selling us.

I hope he turns it round and starts making good decisions but i hoped that last year and the year before. But expecting things to change, while keeping things the same is just insanity.

I don't think anyone has said that?

If you need to constantly lie to validate your point, it isn't a very good point to begin with.

Well thats the crux of it - in Moshiri's reign we've finished 7th, 8th, 8th, 12th, 10th, 16th.

He's kick started a new world class stadium build and hired two top level managers who have won CL trophies and league titles alongside the young and progressive gambles like Silva.

But its not good enough because we haven't stayed around the top 6 spots and/or won a trophy.

The reality is no new owner would do much better outside of a State Backed SWF that can dope the sponsers like City/PSG and now Newcastle can do to bypass FFP long term.

His main criticism is his meddling which he has clearly stated He's stepped aside and Thelwell is structuring the club yet some still cry and shake and moan so what exactly do they want ?

What is wrong with Moshiri - he seems tone deaf

Now saying the club isn’t up for sale - let’s hope he’s got a plan then

Isn’t it obvious to him his time is up?

This is the problem with accountants in business - no commercial or people skills (or seemingly much common sense in this case) but in the arena of running organisations

I'm looking at the present. And moshiri has us as relegation battlers, selling our best player and most important goal threat. Forget what could be in 3 years time, because if we get relegated before then, it won't matter.

And for someone who says the club isn't for sale, giving a consortium (that publically stated they want to buy us) a period of exclusivity to go over the books is an odd way to go about not selling us.

I hope he turns it round and starts making good decisions. But expecting things to change, while keeping things the same is just insanity.

Sorry Mate must be missing some thing here. Who was our best player ? You may have liked a Yank consortium but not me, I look at the duo who had our neighbours add to that Burnley are not doing too well under their Yank consortium.

AS for relegation battlers think the seeds for that were set by the managers, Martinez, BFS, Koeman and Ancellotti.

Well thats the crux of it - in Moshiri's reign we've finished 7th, 8th, 8th, 12th, 10th, 16th.

He's kick started a new world class stadium build and hired two top level managers who have won CL trophies and league titles alongside the young and progressive gambles like Silva.

But its not good enough because we haven't stayed around the top 6 spots and/or won a trophy.

The reality is no new owner would do much better outside of a State Backed SWF that can dope the sponsers like City/PSG and now Newcastle can do to bypass FFP long term.

His main criticism is his meddling which he has clearly stated He's stepped aside and Thelwell is structuring the club yet some still cry and shake and moan so what exactly do they want ?

Yeah, sure, but what has any of that got to do with what I said you absolute lunatic?

Sorry Mate must be missing some thing here. Who was our best player ? You may have liked a Yank consortium but not me, I look at the duo who had our neighbours add to that Burnley are not doing too well under their Yank consortium.

AS for relegation battlers think the seeds for that were set by the managers, Martinez, BFS, Koeman and Ancellotti.
Richarlison.

I'm not saying I liked the yanks. But allowing them to have a period of exclusivity, goes totally against him saying we aren't for sale.

Who appointed most of those those managers? You also didn't include benitez in that list. The one who had us in worse form than all the others and was very much a near entirely sole moshiri decision.

Essentially, his words meant very little. And he has done a poor job with us. If he replaced the board and chairman and then stayed out of footballing matters, he would probably win me round. That's not happening though.

Last edited:
Richarlison.

I'm not saying I liked the yanks. But allowing them to have a period of exclusivity, goes totally against him saying we aren't for sale.

Who appointed most of those those managers? You also didn't include benitez in that list. The one who had us in worse form than all the others and was very much a near entirely sole moshiri decision

I can answer that one. It was Farhad Moshiri.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back