Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
You think Russian people will never be trusted again when we forgave Germans after 1945?
Different though, Nazi Germany came to an end, but the repercussions didn't, just like they didn't after the First World War and the Treaty Of Versailles repercussions.
Dont forget, just like the ordinary Germans in the WW2 period, its not the faulty of normal Russian people, but those with power, and Money to help them,, Usmanov is done, just like Roman at Chelsea.
The crimes the Russians are doing now will take decades to pay for, those debts will be getting paid and the enablers like Usmanov will be roped in.

The West's strategy is a mess. Different parts of it pull in different directions - blocs like the EU and NATO will be undermined by competing nation states with different economies and geo-political agendas. The Ukraine War has hammered that home. And, as you infer, underlying all that is big business demanding a return to normal practices.

Hopefully the ship hasn't sailed on Usmanov - there's no way Everton could have even any tenuous links to him, but maybe the PL will leave Moshiri alone to channel the former's cash into Everton to get this stadium done.

Play Dynamo Kiev and keep the pretence in place (although I oppose playing them, tbh, as they seem to have some odious connections to *that* para-miltary regiment of cut-throats and murderers). But this is where the government and PL have put us - having to act in cynical ways to keep the club from falling apart and avoiding a stadium becomomng a white elephant.

I'd take Usmanov's cash in a heart beat. It means nothing in this league. It's corrupted in any case. Rotten to the core.

FC Metalist are the truly abhorrent club from the Ukraine mate

Off Topic
I, for one, am shocked that someone living in Russia believes all the Russian state propaganda. Shocked, I tell ya.

Given I've watched or read absolutely zero Russian sponsored media mate, I find your view interesting.

I have watched lectures dating back to 2014 by realists like John Mearshiemer though, anti-war.com. counterpunch etc, I'd suggest you do similar and tune out of sky/fox news and the mail on Sunday.

I, for one, am shocked that someone living in Russia believes all the Russian state propaganda. Shocked, I tell ya.

But feel free to go over my original post and show me exactly what is factually incorrect in it, hey provide sources disproving it if you like and I'll counter each point freely.

Every club outside the scab 6 have been in the bottom 6 at some point since Moshiri has been owner.

This uppity bollox needs to stop - we aint a mega club anymore.
But the owners you commented on were chelseas and man city's as if they haven't made mistakes. Which is untrue, Chelsea have made plenty.

We were a solid top half, at worst mid table prior to moshiri. Noones said we were mega.

Different though, Nazi Germany came to an end, but the repercussions didn't, just like they didn't after the First World War and the Treaty Of Versailles repercussions.
Dont forget, just like the ordinary Germans in the WW2 period, its not the faulty of normal Russian people, but those with power, and Money to help them,, Usmanov is done, just like Roman at Chelsea.
The crimes the Russians are doing now will take decades to pay for, those debts will be getting paid and the enablers like Usmanov will be roped in.
Unlikely, even as we speak sanctions are being removed piece by piece, due to public pressure to deal with inflation/cost of living. 2 G7 leaders alone have been removed within the past week due to economic crises.

Give it a couple of years and it will be back to business as usual for the oligarchs pumping money into the west, and with the rump state of Ukraine either being propped up by the west to the tune of billions a month with Nazis still calling the tune, or (more hopefully) the whole lot having collapsed in its entirety and no longer aggravating their direct neighbours.

The only worry is the right wing press are pushing for a "tough" leader to replace Johnson.

Would take someone of admirable courage to become PM and scale back on Russia sanctions and face the wrath of the Daily Mail readers.
Given that the Tories are in the pocket of Putin, that won't be too difficult when the time is right.

Genuine lunacy here.

Firstly that you’d want Uzmanov and his blood money back at the club. Because it went so well before didn’t it?

Secondly that people are utterly deluded enough to think there’s a chance he would be able to come back before he dies

Barnstorming ignorance

But the owners you commented on were chelseas and man city's as if they haven't made mistakes. Which is untrue, Chelsea have made plenty.

We were a solid top half, at worst mid table prior to moshiri. Noones said we were mega.

True, but going nowhere. We had no money and playing in a run down stadium with a small capacity of which many seats had obstructed views.

I am glad that Moshiri has stated the club is not for sale, yes mistakes have been made what club owner has not made any ? I would rather we kept Moshi as the owner than have Kenyon and his Yankee chums owning us, that I think would have been a disaster.

Look forward, we have a manager who it seems knows what is needed and in 2 and a bit years we should be in a brand new stadium on the river bank.

True, but going nowhere. We had no money and playing in a run down stadium with a small capacity of which many seats had obstructed views.

I am glad that Moshiri has stated the club is not for sale, yes mistakes have been made what club owner has not made any ? I would rather we kept Moshi as the owner than have Kenyon and his Yankee chums owning us, that I think would have been a disaster.

Look forward, we have a manager who it seems knows what is needed and in 2 and a bit years we should be in a brand new stadium on the river bank.
Still the case, except we are now relegation fighters as well.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back