Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
The only sponser we had in place outside of the peanuts for the womens team / Goodison advertising was FF which was £12 million pa.

The BMD naming rights on top is the money maker at a reported £30 million a year - thats like selling a £30 million home grown player on the books every summer window it would be a massive boost for FFP.

BMD is still 2 years away - I would predict the Ukraine war will be over by then regardless of the outcome and USM/Megafon are sponsering the new ground.
So your arguement that they are unable to inflate our revenue due to the restrictions is a complete joke. Because they weren't doing it anyway, despite the fact it was needed. So the war has had no impact on them inflating our revenue.

In terms of the naming rights, I was talking about the dodgy deal of 30m to have first bid for the naming rights which was a one off payment.

So your arguement that they are unable to inflate our revenue due to the restrictions is a complete joke. Because they weren't doing it anyway, despite the fact it was needed. So the war has had no impact on them inflating our revenue.

In terms of the naming rights, I was talking about the dodgy deal of 30m to have first bid for the naming rights which was a one off payment.

Well they were - £12 million a year for the training ground is like selling an academy player for £12 million every summer.

Without that sponser for the last few years we would have been in trouble a lot earlier.

£12 million on top of a £25-30 million Naming Rights Deal for BMD is £37-42 million revenue we wouldn't get elsewhere and is equivalent to having sold Richarlison this summer in terms of the impact on the books but every year.

Yet some of our soppy fans would rather turn their noses up at it because Moshiri has made mistakes like every other owner outside of Shiekh Mansour and Roman Abramovich.

Funny story, heard from someone who is pretty well connected, the deal that McDonald's did selling all it's property and interests in Russia (for around 10-20% of it's worth, contains a clause enabling them to repurchase at a slightly marked up price within a certain period of time)

Ultimately sanctions have never worked, they always punish the innocent over the empowered, and in this particular case it shows that there's a hell of a difference sanctioning a small isldnd like Cuba or someplace that 'globally is irrelevant' to trying to sanction a commodities 'super power' which is interconnected to everything.

Even stupider when the US president tells Putin face to face a year earlier exactly what he was gonna do giving him time to completely plan around it.

The West's strategy is a mess. Different parts of it pull in different directions - blocs like the EU and NATO will be undermined by competing nation states with different economies and geo-political agendas. The Ukraine War has hammered that home. And, as you infer, underlying all that is big business demanding a return to normal practices.

Hopefully the ship hasn't sailed on Usmanov - there's no way Everton could have even any tenuous links to him, but maybe the PL will leave Moshiri alone to channel the former's cash into Everton to get this stadium done.

Play Dynamo Kiev and keep the pretence in place (although I oppose playing them, tbh, as they seem to have some odious connections to *that* para-miltary regiment of cut-throats and murderers). But this is where the government and PL have put us - having to act in cynical ways to keep the club from falling apart and avoiding a stadium becomomng a white elephant.

I'd take Usmanov's cash in a heart beat. It means nothing in this league. It's corrupted in any case. Rotten to the core.

The only sponser we had in place outside of the peanuts for the womens team / Goodison advertising was FF which was £12 million pa.

The BMD naming rights on top is the money maker at a reported £30 million a year - thats like selling a £30 million home grown player on the books every summer window it would be a massive boost for FFP.

BMD is still 2 years away - I would predict the Ukraine war will be over by then regardless of the outcome and USM/Megafon are sponsering the new ground.

Why do you think it’s funny/edgy to keep misspelling the word sponsor?

Iv always wondered that , were Everton forced to get rid of USM or did they do it off there own back ?
People like that MP Chris Bryant were calling attention to it in parliament and then the reaction from the club was to sever links with USM.

This is a feller BTW who's mates with the London oligarchy's best friend in politics: Peter Mandelson - who he attends the opera with.

Banned all opposition parties not affiliated with the far right, ranked higher before this on the scale of corruption index than Russia (I live here and boy that means they are VERY corrupt) 8 years ago they had a western supported coup to throw out the Democratically elected pro Russian leader (whose parties now banned ofc), taken complete state control of all media outlets, arrested without charge many journalists, arrested elected officials who had a pro Russian stance before the war.

Just as an interesting thing btw, Russia has Democratic elections - you do know this? And after Medvyeds last term Putin actually only gained 53-54% of the vote, an unheard off low % in any autocracy/dictatorship in fact.

But ofc democracy only means democracy if it's the right people winning an election, if not well we can always organise a colour revolution, u til they Democratically elect the right person the next time
I, for one, am shocked that someone living in Russia believes all the Russian state propaganda. Shocked, I tell ya.

Probably not a controversial opinion (I haven’t read any posts in here yet) but I want him to sell and never come back.

I remember lots of excitement when he bought the club, like we’re the “next PSG” and similar stuff being thrown around Twitter. I was excited too admittedly.

But he’s clueless. He has no idea of what to do with a football club.

Look at Newcastle’s owners. They shouldn’t be allowed to buy the club sure but they’re doing everything right from a football perspective.

We just threw too much money at terrible players, managers and coaches. I preferred the 90s.

Probably not a controversial opinion (I haven’t read any posts in here yet) but I want him to sell and never come back.

I remember lots of excitement when he bought the club, like we’re the “next PSG” and similar stuff being thrown around Twitter. I was excited too admittedly.

But he’s clueless. He has no idea of what to do with a football club.

Look at Newcastle’s owners. They shouldn’t be allowed to buy the club sure but they’re doing everything right from a football perspective.

We just threw too much money at terrible players, managers and coaches. I preferred the 90s.

I agree he is clueless.

I cant say I'm massively impressed with Newcastle either. Lashing money at lads in the late 20s/30s like Wood, Targett, Trippier etc seems to be recreating the mistakes we made.

Well they were - £12 million a year for the training ground is like selling an academy player for £12 million every summer.

Without that sponser for the last few years we would have been in trouble a lot earlier.

£12 million on top of a £25-30 million Naming Rights Deal for BMD is £37-42 million revenue we wouldn't get elsewhere and is equivalent to having sold Richarlison this summer in terms of the impact on the books but every year.

Yet some of our soppy fans would rather turn their noses up at it because Moshiri has made mistakes like every other owner outside of Shiekh Mansour and Roman Abramovich.
There was no naming rights deal for BMD though, there was rumours of a 200m 10 year deal reported by dailyfail in 2020 but nothing signed and agreed. There was a one off payment of 30m for first bid for the naming rights. So that's a made up amount of 30m a year.

Usm training ground sponsorship was ending this year anyway and from what I can see, we hadn't renewed/made any further agreement before we had to cut ties.

Neither of those owners have had their clubs on the brink of relegation and as you argued lots last year, pm the brink of sanctions and points deductions.

There was no naming rights deal for BMD though, there was rumours of a 200m 10 year deal reported by dailyfail in 2020 but nothing signed and agreed. There was a one off payment of 30m for first bid for the naming rights. So that's a made up amount of 30m a year.

Usm training ground sponsorship was ending this year anyway and from what I can see, we hadn't renewed/made any further agreement before we had to cut ties.

Neither of those owners have had their clubs on the brink of relegation and as you argued lots last year, pm the brink of sanctions and points deductions.

Every club outside the scab 6 have been in the bottom 6 at some point since Moshiri has been owner.

This uppity bollox needs to stop - we aint a mega club anymore.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back