Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
That war's pretty much done once the whole of the Donbas is taken.

There has to be common sense by western leaders to draw a line under this now and live with what's happened; force that rancid Ukrainian puppet government round the table to negotiate a settlement and prevent them placing even more of their own citizens in harms way.

They need peace and we all need a settlement to our crumbling standard of living crisis that this war has contributed to.

I can't see sanctions or the war itself lasting a further 12 months - once winter kicks in and the fuel crisis really hits home they'll be a peace agreement to follow.

Can also see an ammunition shortage on Russias side of things with those HIMARS systems in Ukraine smashing their munition bases / depots.

Usmanov isn't stupid he'll know sanctions will be lifted by the time BMD is built.

You reckon the Mosh mutterings and the rumours of Uncle Uzi having his sanctions lifted are coincidental?

Nah, nor me.
I hope it's common sense prevailing.

There's no reason why we shouldn't have our sponsorship with USM back either. These governments are all doing business with Russia for fuel. The German Government have been getting Canada to repair turbines for the Russian gas-field in the last few weeks. How on earth are they insisting on individuals connected to that regime continuing to receive sanctions?

It's a joke. The whole thing is a joke. Propping up a corrupt regime in Kiev because NATO thinks it's a good idea to force us into a world war. No ta. Let's get back to normal.

We will certainly need luck to get through these next two years mate!

I'm more confident mate, I think literally last season was a every single factor converged against at the same moment.

P&S catching up to us, the most toxic appointment in the clubs history alienating fans and players and putting us in the worst tailspin I can remember, a catastrophic injury record all season long, attrociously bad officiating decisions - especially in regards to VAR, the DoF walking out meaning the toxic manager free reign for months, and a gamble on a total 'relatively speaking' unproven manager.

Thankfully two things happened, we just in time recruited a manager who actually surprised me by his willingness to throw his own ego under the bus and become pragmatic, that imo helped galvanize the fans who where desperate to have something to get behind - and to Lampards credit he went in balls deep with those fans and in part that helped to crank it up and up until we saw v palace what it meant to both.

Hard not to kinda fall in love with Lampard a little bit after those scenes for me.

Think now we go into a season with the fans now rallying behind someone who obviously wants to do the best he can rather than with someone in charge who seemed to want to destroy us from inside, that's a huge difference, I also can't see the officiating or injuries being anywhere near the level of absurdity we had last season.

If we do back Lampard and Thelwell to bring in the players they need I actually feel cautiously optimistic that we'll have a good season.

Not that this hides any of the underlying major cancer at the top of the club though.

You may well be right. Time will tell.

I'm just frustrated that the levels of annoyance towards Moshiri far exceed anything Kenwright had to face over his 20 years of selling of assets and pleading poverty? If the matching fans were polled tomorrow if they could get rid of Moshiri OR Kenwright we all. Know which way they'd vote. It's REALLY weird.

If Kenwright calls Moshiri up this summer and says "we need 20 mil for player x" Moshiri needs to immediately call Thelwell and ask if that's who they have agreed on. If evidence suggests that they're still meddling after the much celebrated review then his position becomes untenable.
This isn't even remotely true, that bedsheet outside GP the other day is the first and only time that a desire for Moshiri to leave has been aired out in an even semi-public domain. Any Moshiri out movement has been completely isolated on platforms like this so far.

Kenwright has had to face protest groups, planes flying over the ground, marches and an extremely vocal segment of our fanbase screaming for his head for well over a decade - all of which he deserves by the way.

But to say Moshiri gets more ire than Kenwright is laughable. I support the aims of the 27years lads but they avoided mentioning Moshiri's name like the plague last season, almost all of the focus especially in that home game against Arsenal was on Kenwright.

Moshiri is in a position, not with me but I'd argue a significant proportion of the fanbase, whereby he could win back lots of trust that he's lost if he starts to make decisive decisions. He won't like, because he's an idiot, but if he changes the boardroom tomorrow and took steps to empower the likes of Thelwell and Lampard he'd effectively wipe his slate clean with a lot of people.

I hope it's common sense prevailing.

There's no reason why we shouldn't have our sponsorship with USM back either. These governments are all doing business with Russia for fuel. The German Government have been getting Canada to repair turbines for the Russian gas-field in the last few weeks. How on earth are they insisting on individuals connected to that regime continuing to receive sanctions?

It's a joke. The whole thing is a joke. Propping up a corrupt regime in Kiev because NATO thinks it's a good idea to force us into a world war. No ta. Let's get back to normal.
Ukraine is a democracy and Russia attacked them to gain land. No way we should forget that.

Just look at the economy.

You thnk this war lasts another 3-5 years?

You think Russian people will never be trusted again when we forgave Germans after 1945?

Once again you show your naivity to the realities of real world and big business.

Big keep believing Moshiri is skint and selling up lol
I've never once said Moshiri is skint. I have consistently said he is out of his depth and makes awful decisions. And obviously his ability to get good commercial deals is now significantly diminished

I really wouldn't advise you go into a career as a political commentator

There has to be common sense by western leaders to draw a line under this now and live with what's happened; force that rancid Ukrainian puppet government round the table to negotiate a settlement and prevent them placing even more of their own citizens in harms way.

They need peace and we all need a settlement to our crumbling standard of living crisis that this war has contributed to.

It's weird mate, the net effect on my life with the sanctions is not being sble to access Twitter or Facebook (I don't do either anyway) not being able to get Netflix, my marvel figurine collection got suspended a quarter of the way through (gutting that actually) prices went up on some things a bit, western produced imported stuff harder to get and price has gone up, can't get coke or Pepsi as easily as I could, Maccy D is now a weird name and no big Mac but the same food and the costs of internal Russian flights is now about 20% the price meaning can go anywhere for dirt cheap.

Pretty sure the sanctions are the equivalent seeing a horrible accident so stabbing your own eyes out so you don't see it anymore

Ukraine is a democracy and Russia attacked them to gain land. No way we should forget that.

I'm talking about this from an Everton perspective now.

The hypocrisy stinks to high heaven.

I have no time for any of the sides; they all take their share of the blame.

And you have a fairy tale understanding of Ukraine's 'democracy'. It's a gangster state. No way will the EU allow that lot in until they clean their act up. It'd pollute the whole union. But that's for another forum.

Been trying to avoid getting into the politics/reasons behind everything, let's just say I agree with your assessment pretty much whole heartedly, as do every Ukrainian I know personally - which don't think many in the west realise just how many of them actually live here - it's the equivalent of being in England and knowing people of Irish/Welsh/Scots descent.

It's weird mate, the net effect on my life with the sanctions is not being sble to access Twitter or Facebook (I don't do either anyway) not being able to get Netflix, my marvel figurine collection got suspended a quarter of the way through (gutting that actually) prices went up on some things a bit, western produced imported stuff harder to get and price has gone up, can't get coke or Pepsi as easily as I could, Maccy D is now a weird name and no big Mac but the same food and the costs of internal Russian flights is now about 20% the price meaning can go anywhere for dirt cheap.

Pretty sure the sanctions are the equivalent seeing a horrible accident so stabbing your own eyes out so you don't see it anymore

I just want things back to normal.

In the context of this thread that means getting our funding back to crack on with that stadium.

And you have a fairy tale understanding of Ukraine's 'democracy'. It's a gangster state. No way will the EU allow that lot in until they clean their act up. It'd pollute the whole union. But that's for another forum.

So, your avg., run-of-the-mill country then...

I can't see sanctions or the war itself lasting a further 12 months - once winter kicks in and the fuel crisis really hits home they'll be a peace agreement to follow.

Can also see an ammunition shortage on Russias side of things with those HIMARS systems in Ukraine smashing their munition bases / depots.

Usmanov isn't stupid he'll know sanctions will be lifted by the time BMD is built.

There won't be any ammunition shortage mate, Russia has an absolutely massive stockpile, and production capability for 'dumb munitions' what the sanctions do is limit their production of precision smart munitions, so almost perversely meaning the artillery used by proxy has to be less accurate, thus killing more innocent people.

Sad state of affairs really

Iv always wondered that , were Everton forced to get rid of USM or did they do it off there own back ?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back