Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I’m not confusing the board and the owner at all. If he hasn’t seen in the past 6 years that this board couldn’t run a corner shop then he’s not going to see it and is essentially just a clueless buffoon.
As I said. It's odd. But as he's hardly here he'll probably listen to what those on the inside tell him rather than moaning knobheads on the Internet. Particularly when a high percentage of match going supporters still support the chair and our 'wonderful' ceo.
Alongside that, he’s felt the need to intervene numerous times and appoint his own managers,
Martinez needed replacing. The pursuit of Koeman was odd, particularly after he made it clear he wasn't especially attracted to the job. Ever diminishing returns since then. Like a gambler chasing losses. Not very smart.
one of which was a fat kopite that should’ve been nowhere near the club.
100%. The massive Evertonians on the board should have resigned in protest. They didn't, they know they'd struggle away from the club.
I can’t be bothered listing every single failing of Moshiri since he bought the club because I’ve done it numerous times in here and it’s exhausting.
You have, above. There's been no more failings. Sorry, one. El Ghazi. That's it. Everything else has been spending to support whatever people said was needed.
But throwing a load of Usmanov’s money into a big toilet and flushing it doesn’t cancel out the catastrophic way he has run the club and/or had allowed it to be ran by the imbeciles he has left in place.
Again, very little of the wasted money was him. It all spirals from Walsh (not a DoF) and then Brands (an actual DoF) not being allowed to do their jobs.

As the statement says, see how the summer pans out.

Maybe as an owner he's been stung. If not, I'm sure we'd have already announced Dzeko.

Why should he? Moshiri had the power to oust him on day one, 6 years on he’s still here with key roles and responsibilities. The fact Kenwright is still lingering around is the fault of the owner.

Depends on what Kenwright actually does which is still up in the air in to what actual influence he has.

Mosh and Bill are in for the pure theatrical love of running a football club, at least Mosh is actively running it. Bill seems to just be a face that goes to lunches when Mosh can't.

Brands walked when he couldn't work with it anymore and still has huge admiration for the club.

Blue "had some good times" Bill won't.

As I said. It's odd. But as he's hardly here he'll probably listen to what those on the inside tell him rather than moaning knobheads on the Internet. Particularly when a high percentage of match going supporters still support the chair and our 'wonderful' ceo.

Well if he’d listened to moaning knobheads on the internet then we wouldn’t have ended up with a fat kopite pig scorching the club and nearly taking us down last season.

Martinez needed replacing. The pursuit of Koeman was odd, particularly after he made it clear he wasn't especially attracted to the job. Ever diminishing returns since then. Like a gambler chasing losses. Not very smart.

Martinez did need replacing and that is one thing I will credit him with. However every single managerial appointment since then has been his own, and barring Ancelotti every one has been a disaster that he’s had to spend another fortune sacking.

100%. The massive Evertonians on the board should have resigned in protest. They didn't, they know they'd struggle away from the club.

Always said Kenwright should’ve resigned the day his boss allowed that kopite to walk through the door.

You have, above. There's been no more failings. Sorry, one. El Ghazi. That's it. Everything else has been spending to support whatever people said was needed.

Rubbish, absolute rubbish. Every single managerial appointment was a failure. Allowing Ancelotti to have a break clause for top clubs in which we weren’t entitled to compensation was a failing. Appointing a Leicester scout as Director of Football was a failing. Keeping Kenwright and the rest of the board around for 6 years has been a failing. Chasing Zaha on deadline day and then allowing Joorabchian to influence the signing of Iwobi was a failing. Failing to keep track of the books and allowing ourselves to get into a financial mess that’s ruined our last two transfer windows and nearly led to punishments from the league has been a failing.

Again, very little of the wasted money was him. It all spirals from Walsh (not a DoF) and then Brands (an actual DoF) not being allowed to do their jobs.

This is on Moshiri! He’s the reason a scout was appointed as DOF, and the reason Brands wasn’t allowed to do his job!

As the statement says, see how the summer pans out.

Maybe as an owner he's been stung. If not, I'm sure we'd have already announced Dzeko.

I’ve been doing this for the past 6 years and I’m sick of it. Sorry. I thought me and you were on the same page regarding wanting proper change at this club. I won’t hear any defence of this owner, we will continue our downward spiral the longer he’s allowed to hang around.

Just when you think it couldn't get any stranger,so when Kenyon said they had exclusivity Moshiri said nothing, because we were never for sale...ever ?

Reported we were for sale, was never official. Hes been actively looking into investment first. Kenyon consortium seems to look into investment first and then it being viable to buy. And none happened

Well if he’d listened to moaning knobheads on the internet then we wouldn’t have ended up with a fat kopite pig scorching the club and nearly taking us down last season.

Martinez did need replacing and that is one thing I will credit him with. However every single managerial appointment since then has been his own, and barring Ancelotti every one has been a disaster that he’s had to spend another fortune sacking.

Always said Kenwright should’ve resigned the day his boss allowed that kopite to walk through the door.

Rubbish, absolute rubbish. Every single managerial appointment was a failure. Allowing Ancelotti to have a break clause for top clubs in which we weren’t entitled to compensation was a failing. Appointing a Leicester scout as Director of Football was a failing. Keeping Kenwright and the rest of the board around for 6 years has been a failing. Chasing Zaha on deadline day and then allowing Joorabchian to influence the signing of Iwobi was a failing. Failing to keep track of the books and allowing ourselves to get into a financial mess that’s ruined our last two transfer windows and nearly led to punishments from the league has been a failing.

This is on Moshiri! He’s the reason a scout was appointed as DOF, and the reason Brands wasn’t allowed to do his job!

I’ve been doing this for the past 6 years and I’m sick of it. Sorry. I thought me and you were on the same page regarding wanting proper change at this club. I won’t hear any defence of this owner, we will continue our downward spiral the longer he’s allowed to hang around.

Here's the thing mate, I'm gonna play devil's advocate now.

No argument that Moshiri - good intentions or not has bee awful in pretty much every major decision bar one or two (sacking Martinez, the new stadium being the obvious 2 plus points - I'll throw in resisting bringing back brown shoes and dithering Davie as well as going back always fails).

The list of his mistakes is way longer, allowing too much influence from Bill and his cronies, the allowing the jobs for the boys network to infest the club - Unsy, Dunc and a few others who should have been nowhere near this club again. Hiring a DoF who was t one and who was also tainted from his time at Newcastle with BFS and dodgy deals, then hiring one and interfering and allowing other to interfere too (a fractured system of who does what etc) hiring just plain wrong managerial choices in Koeman and Silva, knee jerking badly to bring in Fat Sam, allowing Carlo a break then allowing him free reign to bring in players on massive wages which when he left we where stuck with, the worst decision bringing in the waiter which was catastrophic.

Underlaying all these is the positive, he has constantly backed each manager with investment, but again like with Moshiri every positive you look at the negative, he backed them stupidly, he signed checks without evaluation of worth, meaning yes we spent 500+ million but break those players down to what they should have cost at the time had we paid actual market value and the number should have been.way way way less, the overpaying then leads to the overpaying in contracts - you buy a LSD for 10m the same lads she t will accept a lot less than if you're spending 30m on him (that's just common sense).

But throughout all this Bill and The useless slag and panda fondler have sat there grinning doing or saying nothing.

So yes he's niave beyond belief, easily influenced too, way too trusting (his Jim white 'friendship' shows that in spades)

Whst my hope now is, he's actually been scared from meddling by just how bad last season went, I think by total fluke we've hired someone in Thelwell and Lampard that actually work well together and are being allowed Todo the job (Unsworth and Ferguson both leaving with a few others of the 'Blue Bill and Red Lips bedroom crew) for me strikes starkly that Thelwell has been giving full control of restructuring from everything below board level down, no way if he hasn't that they all leave. And that has to be seen as a good thing

The next few weeks will be telling, if the recruitment seems logical, sensible then finally we may be shut of Moshiri, Bill dabbling with it. We will see.

I'm wary, but actually slightly optimistic for this now.

He's said judge him at the end of the window, yup we should do exactly that, if he meddles, doesn't back the manager, allows Thelwell to be undermined then get them all out now.

But a Moshiri who sits back doesn't meddle and just provides funds, this allows the focus to go onto the real problem - the board, we need to absolutely get rid of them all, bring in proper proven people in the roles who can't hide behind being in the boys pen as a nipper etc

No need to be sorry.

We just disagree on what the main cause of our decline is.

Here's the thing mate, I'm gonna play devil's advocate now.

No argument that Moshiri - good intentions or not has bee awful in pretty much every major decision bar one or two (sacking Martinez, the new stadium being the obvious 2 plus points - I'll throw in resisting bringing back brown shoes and dithering Davie as well as going back always fails).

The list of his mistakes is way longer, allowing too much influence from Bill and his cronies, the allowing the jobs for the boys network to infest the club - Unsy, Dunc and a few others who should have been nowhere near this club again. Hiring a DoF who was t one and who was also tainted from his time at Newcastle with BFS and dodgy deals, then hiring one and interfering and allowing other to interfere too (a fractured system of who does what etc) hiring just plain wrong managerial choices in Koeman and Silva, knee jerking badly to bring in Fat Sam, allowing Carlo a break then allowing him free reign to bring in players on massive wages which when he left we where stuck with, the worst decision bringing in the waiter which was catastrophic.

Underlaying all these is the positive, he has constantly backed each manager with investment, but again like with Moshiri every positive you look at the negative, he backed them stupidly, he signed checks without evaluation of worth, meaning yes we spent 500+ million but break those players down to what they should have cost at the time had we paid actual market value and the number should have been.way way way less, the overpaying then leads to the overpaying in contracts - you buy a LSD for 10m the same lads she t will accept a lot less than if you're spending 30m on him (that's just common sense).

But throughout all this Bill and The useless slag and panda fondler have sat there grinning doing or saying nothing.

So yes he's niave beyond belief, easily influenced too, way too trusting (his Jim white 'friendship' shows that in spades)

Whst my hope now is, he's actually been scared from meddling by just how bad last season went, I think by total fluke we've hired someone in Thelwell and Lampard that actually work well together and are being allowed Todo the job (Unsworth and Ferguson both leaving with a few others of the 'Blue Bill and Red Lips bedroom crew) for me strikes starkly that Thelwell has been giving full control of restructuring from everything below board level down, no way if he hasn't that they all leave. And that has to be seen as a good thing

The next few weeks will be telling, if the recruitment seems logical, sensible then finally we may be shut of Moshiri, Bill dabbling with it. We will see.

I'm wary, but actually slightly optimistic for this now.

He's said judge him at the end of the window, yup we should do exactly that, if he meddles, doesn't back the manager, allows Thelwell to be undermined then get them all out now.

But a Moshiri who sits back doesn't meddle and just provides funds, this allows the focus to go onto the real problem - the board, we need to absolutely get rid of them all, bring in proper proven people in the roles who can't hide behind being in the boys pen as a nipper etc

The thing is, if he genuinely was startled by last season and became willing to change all of a sudden then we would’ve seen real tangible change at board level the second the season finished. Absolutely nothing has changed within the club. The fella isn’t going to wake up with an epiphany one day and go “oh s*** I’ve just realised what the problem is, it was Bill all along!” and then start culling board members one by one.

The fact he’s completely clueless as well as “generous” is actually an incredibly dangerous combination as if we were ran a bit more frugally we wouldn’t find ourselves in the financial pit of despair that we are in currently. If he’d spent the past 6 years building a self-sufficient football club then we wouldn’t be so reliant on his sugar daddy which is being proven to be the case now that his supply has been cut off. The stadium and sacking Martinez are the only positive things I can say he’s achieved since he came into the club 6 years ago.

6 years on, this shouldn’t even be a requirement. 6 years on and the club still has some of the worst commercial performances of a so “big club”.

The club should now be in a position that we generate a lot of money from commercial deals.

And like you’ve mentioned, this is the boards lack of vision, lack of acumen and total lack of understanding. They became so use to just being able to turn the money tap on; but the money tap was controlled by impetuous man child who wanted his own input

He needs to be chased ASAP, only then we may be able to see necessary overhaul of the entire senior members of this club

Time for the dissenters to dry their sheets and get behind the club.

Its official - Usmanov is waiting in the wings for the heat to die down to come back aboard and lavish us with USM sponsers to rival what Newcastle are/will be doing with the Saudis.

Get behind Moshers and Thelwell.

COYB
The trained eye at work again I see.

The thing is, if he genuinely was startled by last season and became willing to change all of a sudden then we would’ve seen real tangible change at board level the second the season finished. Absolutely nothing has changed within the club. The fella isn’t going to wake up with an epiphany one day and go “oh s*** I’ve just realised what the problem is, it was Bill all along!” and then start culling board members one by one.

The fact he’s completely clueless as well as “generous” is actually an incredibly dangerous combination as if we were ran a bit more frugally we wouldn’t find ourselves in the financial pit of despair that we are in currently. If he’d spent the past 6 years building a self-sufficient football club then we wouldn’t be so reliant on his sugar daddy which is being proven to be the case now that his supply has been cut off. The stadium and sacking Martinez are the only positive things I can say he’s achieved since he came into the club 6 years ago.

Fair points mate

I'm hoping really that he's actually gotten lucky with Thelwell and Lampard (I like what I've seen from both so far)

Much in the same way Bill got very very lucky when he hired Moyes

Him being easily influenced could actually work as a positive finally if we have those two Thelwell and Lampard working together as both seem clear and focused on what the need/want

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back