Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Fair points mate

I'm hoping really that he's actually gotten lucky with Thelwell and Lampard (I like what I've seen from both so far)

Much in the same way Bill got very very lucky when he hired Moyes

Him being easily influenced could actually work as a positive finally if we have those two Thelwell and Lampard working together as both seem clear and focused on what the need/want

We will certainly need luck to get through these next two years mate!

A fish rots from the head down mate. We will see no meaningful change until the ownership changes.
You may well be right. Time will tell.

I'm just frustrated that the levels of annoyance towards Moshiri far exceed anything Kenwright had to face over his 20 years of selling of assets and pleading poverty? If the matching fans were polled tomorrow if they could get rid of Moshiri OR Kenwright we all. Know which way they'd vote. It's REALLY weird.

If Kenwright calls Moshiri up this summer and says "we need 20 mil for player x" Moshiri needs to immediately call Thelwell and ask if that's who they have agreed on. If evidence suggests that they're still meddling after the much celebrated review then his position becomes untenable.

You may well be right. Time will tell.

I'm just frustrated that the levels of annoyance towards Moshiri far exceed anything Kenwright had to face over his 20 years of selling of assets and pleading poverty? If the matching fans were polled tomorrow if they could get rid of Moshiri OR Kenwright we all. Know which way they'd vote. It's REALLY weird.

If Kenwright calls Moshiri up this summer and says "we need 20 mil for player x" Moshiri needs to immediately call Thelwell and ask if that's who they have agreed on. If evidence suggests that they're still meddling after the much celebrated review then his position becomes untenable.

I genuinely believe the vote would be heavily against Bill. I don’t think there is the widespread support for him that you think there is anymore. Unfortunately though it isn’t a case of either/or, if Moshiri stays then Bill stays.

I don't hate the guy. I just think that he's an utter incompetent that has absolutely no idea what he's doing. His plan for obtaining success for the club was basically just the financial equivalent of throwing crap at the wall hoping that some of it would stick. He's put his faith in a colletion of charlatans and useful idiots in his chairman and board that couldn't organise a prayer in a mosque. If he's going to insist on keeping faith in that colletion of morons ruining the club then he's very much a part of the problem.

6 years on, this shouldn’t even be a requirement. 6 years on and the club still has some of the worst commercial performances of a so “big club”.

The club should now be in a position that we generate a lot of money from commercial deals.

And like you’ve mentioned, this is the boards lack of vision, lack of acumen and total lack of understanding. They became so use to just being able to turn the money tap on; but the money tap was controlled by impetuous man child who wanted his own input

He needs to be chased ASAP, only then we may be able to see necessary overhaul of the entire senior members of this club

Thing is mate for me the board is the mdin problem - Moshiri does t understand footy it's clear, he meddles it's clear also.

But Abramovic was the same, big big difference was he actually hired people in roles at the top who did understand these things. Doing so reduces the meddling by itself, as the temptation becomes greater when stuff isn't working well, which leads to a downward spiral.

Day one 6 years ago he hires Granovskiai then we'd be an entirely different club than the mess we are now. Even with all the anti Russian sentiment I'd hire her

Another internet bell end who thinks sanctions actually do anything.

Sure his/her children are actually over porridge asking 'dad, why can't you spell Putin or use proper grammar?

That war's pretty much done once the whole of the Donbas is taken.

There has to be common sense by western leaders to draw a line under this now and live with what's happened; force that rancid Ukrainian puppet government round the table to negotiate a settlement and prevent them placing even more of their own citizens in harms way.

They need peace and we all need a settlement to our crumbling standard of living crisis that this war has contributed to.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back