Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Just look at the economy.

You thnk this war lasts another 3-5 years?

You think Russian people will never be trusted again when we forgave Germans after 1945?

Once again you show your naivity to the realities of real world and big business.

But keep believing Moshiri is skint and selling up lol
The war wont but the reprecusions will last a long long time, they always do, Moshiri isnt skint, but his terrible ownership has snookered us as far as spending goes

I've never once said Moshiri is skint. I have consistently said he is out of his depth and makes awful decisions. And obviously his ability to get good commercial deals is now significantly diminished

I really wouldn't advise you go into a career as a political commentator

Well if we consider Moshiri's money is Usmanov's then the commentary on him needing to sell as he cant bankroll us anymore is false.

The main problem is USM are unable to sponser us to inflate our revenue and bypass FFP for the time being but if a "ceasefire agreement" is reached with Ukraine/Russia - why would Usmanov still be sanctioned by the west when the war would have ended?

The naivety is those thinking Russia / Russian business will never be welcome in the West again particularly the UK when major cities like London and Liverpool are pumped full of Russian Dough.

Hopefully now that oaf Johnson has been booted we get a more sensible PM in who acknowledges our own people are suffering a crippling economy and act in our own peoples interests as best they can whilst still supporting Ukraine with weaponary to defend their country.

Off Topic
I hope it's common sense prevailing.

There's no reason why we shouldn't have our sponsorship with USM back either. These governments are all doing business with Russia for fuel. The German Government have been getting Canada to repair turbines for the Russian gas-field in the last few weeks. How on earth are they insisting on individuals connected to that regime continuing to receive sanctions?

It's a joke. The whole thing is a joke. Propping up a corrupt regime in Kiev because NATO thinks it's a good idea to force us into a world war. No ta. Let's get back to normal.

Funny story, heard from someone who is pretty well connected, the deal that McDonald's did selling all it's property and interests in Russia (for around 10-20% of it's worth, contains a clause enabling them to repurchase at a slightly marked up price within a certain period of time)

Ultimately sanctions have never worked, they always punish the innocent over the empowered, and in this particular case it shows that there's a hell of a difference sanctioning a small isldnd like Cuba or someplace that 'globally is irrelevant' to trying to sanction a commodities 'super power' which is interconnected to everything.

Even stupider when the US president tells Putin face to face a year earlier exactly what he was gonna do giving him time to completely plan around it.

Off Topic
Ukraine is a democracy and Russia attacked them to gain land. No way we should forget that.

Banned all opposition parties not affiliated with the far right, ranked higher before this on the scale of corruption index than Russia (I live here and boy that means they are VERY corrupt) 8 years ago they had a western supported coup to throw out the Democratically elected pro Russian leader (whose parties now banned ofc), taken complete state control of all media outlets, arrested without charge many journalists, arrested elected officials who had a pro Russian stance before the war.

Just as an interesting thing btw, Russia has Democratic elections - you do know this? And after Medvyeds last term Putin actually only gained 53-54% of the vote, an unheard off low % in any autocracy/dictatorship in fact.

But ofc democracy only means democracy if it's the right people winning an election, if not well we can always organise a colour revolution, u til they Democratically elect the right person the next time

Iv always wondered that , were Everton forced to get rid of USM or did they do it off there own back ?

Done it off their own bat, it'll be about insulating itself from what happened at Chelsea - still think signing a Ukrainian three weeks before was amazing timing too, friendly with Kiev as well,

Thing is mate for me the board is the mdin problem - Moshiri does t understand footy it's clear, he meddles it's clear also.

But Abramovic was the same, big big difference was he actually hired people in roles at the top who did understand these things. Doing so reduces the meddling by itself, as the temptation becomes greater when stuff isn't working well, which leads to a downward spiral.

Day one 6 years ago he hires Granovskiai then we'd be an entirely different club than the mess we are now. Even with all the anti Russian sentiment I'd hire her

Abramovich didn't have to comply with rules and regulations preventing a side from being able to kick on, if Moshiri and Usmanov were allowed to spend what they wanted then we wouldn't be I this situation.

The problem stems from the fact people think it is easy taking a mid table team and then vaulting it up the league all the while making sure you don't spend more than you earn and we as a club have never raked it in commercially or from matchday. Had we bought a complete team of Vlasics and Lookmans and still not gotten anywhere people would be saying why didn't we go all out for Sigurdsson and Delph etc. when they were available.

Said it before and I'll say it again, Moshiri is one of a very select few that would have built a stadium like that on the waterfront. That is visionary thinking and will give us a chance to be a big club again, if we had stayed at Goodison or moved to a Kirkbyesque stadium somewhere in a backwater industrial park we would have been forever in decline. Mistakes have been made but fans who are calling for his head are ungrateful and spoiled. He needs to do better but has given us a lot and continues to do so.

Abramovich didn't have to comply with rules and regulations preventing a side from being able to kick on, if Moshiri and Usmanov were allowed to spend what they wanted then we wouldn't be I this situation.

The problem stems from the fact people think it is easy taking a mid table team and then vaulting it up the league all the while making sure you don't spend more than you earn and we as a club have never raked it in commercially or from matchday. Had we bought a complete team of Vlasics and Lookmans and still not gotten anywhere people would be saying why didn't we go all out for Sigurdsson and Delph etc. when they were available.

Said it before and I'll say it again, Moshiri is one of a very select few that would have built a stadium like that on the waterfront. That is visionary thinking and will give us a chance to be a big club again, if we had stayed at Goodison or moved to a Kirkbyesque stadium somewhere in a backwater industrial park we would have been forever in decline. Mistakes have been made but fans who are calling for his head are ungrateful and spoiled. He needs to do better but has given us a lot and continues to do so.

From someone calling him beelzebub to a fair minded balanced post in the space of a morning.

Truly, all human life is here.

Done it off their own bat, it'll be about insulating itself from what happened at Chelsea - still think signing a Ukrainian three weeks before was amazing timing too, friendly with Kiev as well,
Ye couldn’t make this up could you , get a billionaire manage to mess that up then war breaks out and messes us up even more

Wow strong faith in a proven failed board , must be a very small minority who back these clowns.
I’m amazed at the criticism Thelwell is getting. It is his job to manage the plan. You need to separate him from what has gone on previously. He can’t magic up extra transfer budget, he has to work within the constraints he has been given.

With regards to Morshiri. Of course it has been bad. I think even he recognises that and I’m not defending him for it.

But for this summer, I’ll wait and see what Thelwell can manage. He appears to be working on transfers, but trying to get best value. Something we have not been used to for a while. I expect any deals will be done at the end of the window, because that’s when selling clubs have to take the cash on offer, or walk away. It’s when you get best value.

Just look at the economy.

You thnk this war lasts another 3-5 years?

You think Russian people will never be trusted again when we forgave Germans after 1945?

Once again you show your naivity to the realities of real world and big business.

But keep believing Moshiri is skint and selling up lol
What the actual fuq is this

Jesus christ

Well if we consider Moshiri's money is Usmanov's then the commentary on him needing to sell as he cant bankroll us anymore is false.

The main problem is USM are unable to sponser us to inflate our revenue and bypass FFP for the time being but if a "ceasefire agreement" is reached with Ukraine/Russia - why would Usmanov still be sanctioned by the west when the war would have ended?

The naivety is those thinking Russia / Russian business will never be welcome in the West again particularly the UK when major cities like London and Liverpool are pumped full of Russian Dough.

Hopefully now that oaf Johnson has been booted we get a more sensible PM in who acknowledges our own people are suffering a crippling economy and act in our own peoples interests as best they can whilst still supporting Ukraine with weaponary to defend their country.
Even when we had usm as sponsors we couldn't spend. His mismanagement had led us to that even with inflated and dodgy usm deals (like the naming rights deal). Remember how much you pointed out 1.7m.

Also, the cost of living crisis and petrol prices were happening before the war. Doesn't matter who is PM, the costs were going up and predicted to do as they have done before the invasion.

Moshiri has his own money, but we are on a massively downwards spiral because of him.

Even when we had usm as sponsors we couldn't spend. His mismanagement had led us to that even with inflated and dodgy usm deals (like the naming rights deal). Remember how much you pointed out 1.7m.

Also, the cost of living crisis and petrol prices were happening before the war. Doesn't matter who is PM, the costs were going up and predicted to do as they have done before the invasion.

Moshiri has his own money, but we are on a massively downwards spiral because of him.

The only sponser we had in place outside of the peanuts for the womens team / Goodison advertising was FF which was £12 million pa.

The BMD naming rights on top is the money maker at a reported £30 million a year - thats like selling a £30 million home grown player on the books every summer window it would be a massive boost for FFP.

BMD is still 2 years away - I would predict the Ukraine war will be over by then regardless of the outcome and USM/Megafon are sponsering the new ground.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back