Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Well thats the crux of it - in Moshiri's reign we've finished 7th, 8th, 8th, 12th, 10th, 16th.

He's kick started a new world class stadium build and hired two top level managers who have won CL trophies and league titles alongside the young and progressive gambles like Silva.

But its not good enough because we haven't stayed around the top 6 spots and/or won a trophy.

The reality is no new owner would do much better outside of a State Backed SWF that can dope the sponsers like City/PSG and now Newcastle can do to bypass FFP long term.

His main criticism is his meddling which he has clearly stated He's stepped aside and Thelwell is structuring the club yet some still cry and shake and moan so what exactly do they want ?
I personally wouldn't class Frank as a top level manager yet but nice of you to have him up there alongside Carlo and his CL and league titles.

I'm looking at the present. And moshiri has us as relegation battlers, selling our best player and most important goal threat. Forget what could be in 3 years time, because if we get relegated before then, it won't matter.

And for someone who says the club isn't for sale, giving a consortium (that publically stated they want to buy us) a period of exclusivity to go over the books is an odd way to go about not selling us.

I hope he turns it round and starts making good decisions but i hoped that last year and the year before. But expecting things to change, while keeping things the same is just insanity.
Another who tailors facts to make an invalid point ,how can you support your post when it is supposition . We had to sell someone and Richie was the most saleable . The fact of him still being owner and you slating the other poster ,he is just showing what you did -hope -yet you now feel justified having a go at him after doing it twice yourself ? Oh and things are not the same . Are they ?

Another who tailors facts to make an invalid point ,how can you support your post when it is supposition . We had to sell someone and Richie was the most saleable . The fact of him still being owner and you slating the other poster ,he is just showing what you did -hope -yet you now feel justified having a go at him after doing it twice yourself ? Oh and things are not the same . Are they ?
What facts have I tailored and what's my invalid point?

I was told to stop looking back and look forward, but the evidence we all have is from looking back. And that evidence is that moshiri has wasted an absolute fortune and we have just scraped survival and last I checked, we are still playing in a small capacity run down stadium. Or is that not the case? I haven't had a go at toffeelover once have I? If I have, please share what I've had a go at them/slated them about and I will apologise.

I’m amazed at the criticism Thelwell is getting. It is his job to manage the plan. You need to separate him from what has gone on previously. He can’t magic up extra transfer budget, he has to work within the constraints he has been given.

With regards to Morshiri. Of course it has been bad. I think even he recognises that and I’m not defending him for it.

But for this summer, I’ll wait and see what Thelwell can manage. He appears to be working on transfers, but trying to get best value. Something we have not been used to for a while. I expect any deals will be done at the end of the window, because that’s when selling clubs have to take the cash on offer, or walk away. It’s when you get best value.
Ye I never really mention Thelwall once , got to give him a chance , I'm talking about the constants from the previous failed 6 years under Moshiri.

Even what you are saying yourself it's been said every summer since his been here.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Lets keep politics out of our Everton forum, place for them is in elsewhere in GOT.
I'm sorry to break it to you, but if you don't think the sanctioning of our main benefactor is political or Everton-related, well, you haven't been paying attention.

You can try to keep politics out of the Everton forum, but as we have already seen this year, you cannot keep politics out of the affairs of Everton.

Off Topic
Funny story, heard from someone who is pretty well connected, the deal that McDonald's did selling all it's property and interests in Russia (for around 10-20% of it's worth, contains a clause enabling them to repurchase at a slightly marked up price within a certain period of time)

Ultimately sanctions have never worked, they always punish the innocent over the empowered, and in this particular case it shows that there's a hell of a difference sanctioning a small isldnd like Cuba or someplace that 'globally is irrelevant' to trying to sanction a commodities 'super power' which is interconnected to everything.

Even stupider when the US president tells Putin face to face a year earlier exactly what he was gonna do giving him time to completely plan around it.

All the sanctions does is punish the poorest in society. Theyve been going on for decades un Cuba, Iran and North Korea and have just strengthened support for their leaders and punished the poor.

The rich are able to siphon wealth to other areas, the poor arent. In this country its contributing to inflation which, surprise surprise, punishes the poorest.

On the specific case if Russia, it's not going to work. They are too big, and have too many resources. They have now started trading with China and India without using dollars. That's a major defeat in itself for the west and the USA. Lots of other progressive countries like South Africa, Cuba and Venezuela will trade with them. People are understandably sick of America trying to be the worlds policeman.

Some sensible voices in the west are continuing on to this, and its why the EU are softening. Unfortunately are servile, lapdog mentality towards America means it will take a bit longer here. But it will happen too.

Screenshot_20220715_234922.webp

Seem reassuring words

Well thats the crux of it - in Moshiri's reign we've finished 7th, 8th, 8th, 12th, 10th, 16th.

He's kick started a new world class stadium build and hired two top level managers who have won CL trophies and league titles alongside the young and progressive gambles like Silva.

But its not good enough because we haven't stayed around the top 6 spots and/or won a trophy.

The reality is no new owner would do much better outside of a State Backed SWF that can dope the sponsers like City/PSG and now Newcastle can do to bypass FFP long term.

His main criticism is his meddling which he has clearly stated He's stepped aside and Thelwell is structuring the club yet some still cry and shake and moan so what exactly do they want ?

his reign is like bitcoin

bitcoin-price-new-why-btc-going-down-crash-latest-cryptocurrency-911501.jpg

Given I've watched or read absolutely zero Russian sponsored media mate, I find your view interesting.

I have watched lectures dating back to 2014 by realists like John Mearshiemer though, anti-war.com. counterpunch etc, I'd suggest you do similar and tune out of sky/fox news and the mail on Sunday.
So anyone who doesn’t swallow Putin’s propaganda and the endless provable and ridiculous lies of the Russian state is dismissed by you as a fox viewer or daily mail reader?

Anyone who has followed Russia and Putin’s policies over the past two decades knows what has been going on. The genocide and annihilation of civilians by Putin’s forces in Ukraine is there for us all to see. Mountains of evidence. The constanltly changing stories of Lavrov and co. to try and excuse the crimes against humanity in Russia, Georgia, Grosny, Beslan etc. etc.

The murder of political opponents and critics is beyond doubt, but you call it a democracy? What a tool!

You’re probably a bot tbf. I shouldn’t rise to the bait.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back