Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Fan advisory board disintegrating

20230113_130315.webp

This might have been covered before, but the few things that are really the most difficult to hear in the interview for me were:

"that is the most an owner can do. I’ve done that" - putting money into the club

I think this is part of the overall tone and attitude, which seems to be 'the fans should be grateful'. We were all desperate for financial investment, we got it. But it's not the most an active owner can do. He is not just a money man, he is taking decisions, acting as spokesman, acting as a chair or an executive, and so he can do a lot more. and what we've all realised is that we want a well-run club, not just money thrown into transfers. We would have been really happy with a 'buy low, sell high' type of approach, or investment in training, coaching, science and young players. Any strategy which was clear to see. and if he is just a 'putting money into the club' owner, then the next logical argument is to question the board, and executive's, performance...

supporters - they've been part of decision making.
"Some of the decisions we’ve taken is together with the fans, right?"
Wrong.
So if we voice our opinions in the stands and in writing and on social media, that's the way you make decisions?, that's the only way? He's only referring to Allardyce and Benitez, and we also know that Martinez, Silva and now Lampard, (young coaches) could do with structure, science and sophistication behind the scenes to get help . Getting Ancelotti was huge, and he said publicly he would be happy to go to BMD and get a new contract, but obviously our ambitions were not really that high, so obviously he left. (Yeah I know he'd never turn down RM etc etc but still...)

"the biggest thing is to support the team so we need to give it and they’ll give it back to us" is he not looking at the away fan numbers or the strength and passion in the support? seems to be one of the comments that is most alienating. We are supporting the team. We feel sorry for the attackers, there's nothing that team can do and goals are not coming from anywhere, but we still turn up and try and get them to fight.

board -"longstanding, dedicated, they’re local"
It's not fair to make it out that the fans don't appreciate the dedication and love that they all have for Everton. It's great, lovely, fantastic that people who love Everton are at the club. That counts for something. But if they're not experienced, skilled and delivering over such a long-period, then that's worth questioning.
Just because they attend matches doesn't mean they are super qualified. He also mentioned 'Transformation' but the big issue is we don't see that behind the scenes. Tell us what you're working on? the stadium is amazing, but also one of the arguments which feels like 'You should be grateful' You've got money and a new stadium, never mind about the team'

long-term vision
A bit like Arsene Wenger used to keep talking about the economics of a long-game, when Arsenal were moving to the Emirates, we need to have that kind of leadership and communication. Have the club decided that the only thing that matters is PL survival, until we get to BMD, and then we'll invest in the team? If so, tell us! Unfortunately I suspect it's not that sophisticated. It's now easy to see Wenger's long-term vision. Invest in the stadium, youth set up, coaching, and we'll eventually get around the problem of not having massive billionaires.

media-relationship
a bit like the main stream journalists turn a blind eye to the government's corruption and lies, journalists like Jim White will not ask tough questions and only asks leading questions which make us look stupid 'They want you to sack the board'. If they do, they won't get these exclusives.

I don't know what we'd do next. I feel like this interview just demonstrates that they do not care to communicate with us and the FAB is just a tick box (sorry to its members). And the more we challenge the board, the more they'll go into defensive mode and stay entrenched and stay the same.

"Some of the decisions we’ve taken is together with the fans, right?"
Wrong.
So if we voice our opinions in the stands and in writing and on social media, that's the way you make decisions?, that's the only way? He's only referring to Allardyce and Benitez, and we also know that Martinez, Silva and now Lampard, (young coaches) could do with structure, science and sophistication behind the scenes to get help . Getting Ancelotti was huge, and he said publicly he would be happy to go to BMD and get a new contract, but obviously our ambitions were not really that high, so obviously he left. (Yeah I know he'd never turn down RM etc etc but still...)
Like it or not, that's exactly what he did do: respond to the pitchforkers in the ground and online.

Every one has a share in this calamity:

• people who wanted Moshiri to spend like crazy
  • people who wanted him to sack managers for not getting top 10
  • people wanting him to sack managers having got us top 10 (Koeman, Allardyce, Silva)
  • people who wanted his Directors of Football out (Walsh and Brands)
  • people who allowed Moshiri to carry on with his craziness because "he's 'the Mosh' and he's building that stadium for us"

He, and anymore who resign, will be replaced with nodding dog “yes Bill, of course Denise” leeches.

But this what you get when your owner and chairman allow you to remove criticism in the form of AGMs.

That’s what they are anyway, that’s what the board are basically forcing them to be. I for one am delighted and heartened to see fans walking away from it rather than accept being their little lapdogs.

Like it or not, that's exactly what he did do: respond to the pitchforkers in the ground and online.

• people wanting him to sack managers having got us top 10 (Koeman, Allardyce, Silva)
  • people who allowed Moshiri to carry on with his craziness because "he's 'the Mosh' and he's building that stadium for us"

Actually now you put it that way, we do know and see that they respond to fans but its complicated, because we want them to respond to the exact opinion that we have, at the exact time that we have that opinion, even though other people may have other opinions!!! But still, it feels like saying - the club's doing what you wanted, so be happy!

-Moshiri himself was the one who wanted to spend like crazy mate, as soon as he got here he was on with White claiming we were in for Koulibaly and the such like.
-Agree with you on sacking managers for not getting top 10 thing
-Allardyce was his own worst enemy mate, he had a chance to make a push for that final European place yet carried on with his bore draw style of play. His interactions with fans were not great and he is just a highly unlikable individual. Koeman just didn't ever really look comfortable being here imo, I don't think he ever really wanted to leave Saints.
-Moshiri wanted Brands the first time round mate but he wouldn't leave PSV so we ended up with Walsh, then when he did agree we ended up with Brands.
-Agree 100% I think the stadium has sidetracked some people from the goings on.

And you worshipped him a few months ago and now want him out.

#fickle

I don’t like the idea of shaming fans just because it took them longer to see the wood for the trees than others. Everyone has had their awakening at different times regarding this owner, a few years ago I was also blissfully unaware of the damage he was causing. The important part is that more and more are having their eyes opened with each passing day and week and realising who exactly the problem is at this club.

-Moshiri himself was the one who wanted to spend like crazy mate, as soon as he got here he was on with White claiming we were in for Koulibaly and the such like.
-Agree with you on sacking managers for not getting top 10 thing
-Allardyce was his own worst enemy mate, he had a chance to make a push for that final European place yet carried on with his bore draw style of play. His interactions with fans were not great and he is just a highly unlikable individual. Koeman just didn't ever really look comfortable being here imo, I don't think he ever really wanted to leave Saints.
-Moshiri wanted Brands the first time round mate but he wouldn't leave PSV so we ended up with Walsh, then when he did agree we ended up with Brands.
-Agree 100% I think the stadium has sidetracked some people from the goings on.
The tragedy of it is that if we'd just once stuck by one of those managers while we had the cash to see their vision through I dont think we'd have had the last two seasons of holding onto our PL place by a thread.

Silva especially is looking like a huge opportunity to build that we allowed to slip through our fingers.

Overall, it's defo not a case of pointing just at Moshiri and blaming him. I mean, he's clueless and has to leave ASAP (and the board are about as useful as a chocolate teapot who need replacing), but the blame has to be shared across the club, from boardoom to terraces.

I don’t like the idea of shaming fans just because it took them longer to see the wood for the trees than others. Everyone has had their awakening at different times regarding this owner, a few years ago I was also blissfully unaware of the damage he was causing. The important part is that more and more are having their eyes opened with each passing day and week and realising who exactly the problem is at this club.
He needs shaming.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back