Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Well we are still in it till 2024/25 upto now.
If it goes tits up we'll still be in it.

Anyway If/& when this chump sells it will be lock stock and smoking headlocks the new stadium would be included in it.
He's invested way to much for it not to be.

Hope there's new (& rich) owners on the horizon.

I had a bit of a look into this a while back mate.

As far as i can make out the stadium is funded and paid for through Everton Stadium Development Company, which is wholly owned by Everton Football Club.

Moshiri owns Everton Football Club, he could conceivably sell the club and not the stadium, but then at the moment he could sell the club and not Goodison, so no difference really - any owner could do the same - if someone else was willing to do that deal. The other thing is there is no incentive for a buyer to do a non favourable deal on assets or buy a football club with no where to play or without a fixed asset to generate revenue and increase its value.

Last edited:
I had a bit of a look into this a while back mate.

As far as i can make out the stadium is funded and paid for through Everton Stadium Development Company, which is wholly owned by Everton Football Club.

Moshiri owns Everton Football Club, he could conceivably sell the club and not the stadium, but then at the moment he could sell the club and not Goodison, so no difference really - any owner could do the same - if someone else was willing to do that deal. The other thing is there is no incentive for a buyer to do a non favourable deal on assets or buy a football club with no where to play or without a fixed asset to generate revenue and increase its value.
Or he could sell the stadium.
Who locally would like a spanking new state of the art stadium?

I don't know how things work with regards to Mosh's ownership of the club and the stadium, but is there a possible scenario where he screws the club over to make money off the stadium?

Something along the lines of makes his big fat property developer profit and leaves the club with loads of debt?

Last edited:

I don't know how things work with regards to Mosh's ownership of the club and the stadium, but is there a possible scenario where he screws the club over to make money off the stadium?

Something along the lines of makes his big fat property developer profit and leaves the club with loads of debt?
I think there is real concern if we’re relegated and he sells we end up leasing the stadium from an investment company, similar to what happened to Coventry .

I think there is real concern if we’re relegated and he sells we end up leasing the stadium from an investment company, similar to what happened to Coventry .
To be honest I'm worried about that even if we stay up. He's so completely disconnected with the football side of things, clearly just here for the stadium and also not likely to get his money back in a sale so might he engineer a situation where him and / or his fat mates pals own the stadium and sell the club.

Do you not think we would stay at Goodison if that was the case mate ?

Would he have a purpose built football stadium sitting idly on the seafront ?

If/ when he sells it will be the whole lot.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back