Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
haha crikey, was just a thought... certainly not what I want.

I've no idea why he's doing what he's doing, probably a continuation of mass incompetence.

If it's not incompetence, why continue with a board who are out of their depth, a manager with a shocking record and not adding to a struggling team in the window?

Selling our only sellable players and the high wages out of contract would reduce the wage bill by ~£50m and can also bring in £100m+ in sales while still having a fairly solid Championship side

What's right with the club at the moment, where is any logic?

No idea, but there could be someone crazy enough to see that with a correctly run club they could double their investment.
We have to replace players we sell and then pay them , we are hamstrung in that teams would we need to sell, onana and Pickford’s prices would plummet . An ambitious £100m and I think that is very ambitious in sales and we would even cover what we lost in the premier league last year .

We would be starting the season with almost guaranteed loses of £150m , profit and sustainability rules would mean we can lose about £39m over 3 years! Failure to get immediate promotion would almost certainly mean serious point deductions.

It’s not necessarily just him I’m worried about mate it’s who and what comes next , if we’re relegated and then after that .

Relegation is a disaster for this club , we lost £100m without losing the 50m plus we lose for going down. We’d have to sell anyone half decent and be left paying poor players on stupid money so having to loan some of them even to free up pennies . We’d absolutely breach profit and sustainability rules so if we’re not promoted immediately we are absolutely ruined with points deductions

If you look at derby that’s what happened to them having to sell the ground to the owner and lease it back to try and get around it , leading to administration and more deductions with kids and free transfers playing .

I certainly don’t know the future but relegation hold nothing but absolute terror for me .

Agreed relegation is disasterous.

My fear stops when he sells up , he has been the very worst of owners especially letting this board run things for him.

New owners , total clear out ( needed more than anything ) & i'le take my chance they will be professional and get the right structure and employee's in place.

That way more than the stadium is what needs to be done.

Agreed relegation is disasterous.

My fear stops when he sells up , he has been the very worst of owners especially letting this board run things for him.

New owners , total clear out ( needed more than anything ) & i'le take my chance they will be professional and get the right structure and employee's in place.

That way more than the stadium is what needs to be done.
I don’t think, I certainly hope , you’re necessarily wrong . It’s just relegation absolutely terrifies me , it worried me years ago but the damage in 2023 dwarves anything that could have happened 20 years ago . Further amplifying why there conduct is criminal .

Tranmere Rovers?

If you are thinking about the neighbours, why would they spend £760m on a stadium when theirs is fit for purpose. It makes no sense, football club owners don’t throw that much money at something they don’t need.

Moot point realty, it’s being built and we will move to it. Hopefully while we are still in the premiership. We might have to rent it but there’s no way a deal wouldn’t be worked out.
??? and you thought I was serious.

We have to replace players we sell and then pay them , we are hamstrung in that teams would we need to sell, onana and Pickford’s prices would plummet . An ambitious £100m and I think that is very ambitious in sales and we would even cover what we lost in the premier league last year .

We would be starting the season with almost guaranteed loses of £150m , profit and sustainability rules would mean we can lose about £39m over 3 years! Failure to get immediate promotion would almost certainly mean serious point deductions.
There is the parachute payments to help.

Kean - should be £28m for a start, then there is DCL, Pickford, Iwobi (now in form teams could be interested), Gray, Keane, Gomes (in form in France so might have takers), Gbamin (similar to Gomes), Gana, Holgate.

As we have a massively bloated squad we'll still have good numbers and a strong squad (for the Championship anyway) Mykolenko, Patterson, Tarkowski, Godfrey, Branthwaite, Onana, Garner, Price (not far from the team already), Warrington (doing well in League One so would ready for the step up), Gordon, McNeil, Maupay (scored plenty there), Cannon, Simms (already proven he can score in the Championship).

Then add in some good loans and start sensible recruitment for needed positions and we can compete.

Again not what I want and hopefully we survive this year, but we must start to be a well run club and bring in a good manager.

I don’t think, I certainly hope , you’re necessarily wrong . It’s just relegation absolutely terrifies me , it worried me years ago but the damage in 2023 dwarves anything that could have happened 20 years ago . Further amplifying why there conduct is criminal .
There's plenty on here who actively want relegation.

My fear when he joined and spent massive loads of money on crap players and started sacking managers was that he was the next Randy Lerner and sadly it is proving correct.

At Villa he spent big, achieved nothing, turned off the taps and watched as they spent got relegated. Sadly the same has happened at Everton.

Moshiri would have kept on sending if we had been allowed to spend. It's totally different from Lerner who stopped because he didn't want to do anything more with Villa.

Kean - should be £28m for a start, then there is Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Pickford, Iwobi (now in form teams could be interested), Gray, Keane, Gomes (in form in France so might have takers), Gbamin (similar to Gomes), Gana, Holgate.

As we have a massively bloated squad we'll still have good numbers and a strong squad (for the Championship anyway) Mykolenko, Patterson, Tarkowski, Godfrey, Branthwaite, Onana, Garner, Price (not far from the team already), Warrington (doing well in League One so would ready for the step up), Gordon, McNeil, Maupay (scored plenty there), Cannon, Simms (already proven he can score in the Championship).

Then add in some good loans and start sensible recruitment for needed positions and we can compete.

Again not what I want and hopefully we survive this year, but we must start to be a well run club and bring in a good manager.

We will be finished as a club.

Kean - should be £28m for a start, then there is Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Pickford, Iwobi (now in form teams could be interested), Gray, Keane, Gomes (in form in France so might have takers), Gbamin (similar to Gomes), Gana, Holgate.

Ive definitely underestimated and We’d easily lose £80m before we start , on top of the £100m we already lose. Premier league tv money is about £130m and we get £45m parachute payments and about £9m for championship money . Loss of sponsorships , ticket sales it’s tragic .

So there’s £180m if we’re lucky , before we start maybe what £200m . It’d be a fire sale , we pay youth team players more than lads who start for championship teams . We’ll never shift the crap ones unless we give them away or more likely loan them still paying half the wages .

If we don’t get promoted immediately we will almost certainly start the season after -12 and would then have to take immediate action to right the profitability wrongs , meaning selling everyone and playing kids and free transfers or more deductions . It’s honestly a nightmare scenario.

Parachute payments are £45m and that’s only the first year, they drop drastically the next two years. Any sponsorships are reduced to a fifth. Players not on relegation clauses would need paying at premier league rates. Player values would drop by 50%. Big pay offs and redundancies of staff too.

I don’t think people understand the impact these days, especially on a club that isn‘t in any way structured to deal with even one season in the championship. it could mean the end of the club.

[Paid Content - Blacklisted]/3189347/2022/03/17/what-relegation-would-mean-for-everton/

You’re probably looking to sell most of your top earners,” suggests Dr Wilson. “There’s also what relegation does to the value of players — the ones in demand. The working theory is (their price falls) about 50 per cent. You’re under more pressure to sell.

“But the key battleground would usually be players from fifth or sixth down to 10th or 12th on the wage bill — the middle earners. Usually there’s less interest in those players but Everton might look at it as an opportunity to get rid of some of these.

“Well-paid players you can’t move are the nightmare scenarios.”

By all means put your head in the sand but don’t bring your fantasy land talk here when we are faced with the harsh realities.

Last edited:

The only one of these who will be leaving is Pickford.

Mass fire sale when we go down (we probably have £100m+ in players we could sell), clear the high wages not renewing big contracts, get the club in better shape financially and ffp wise to be a potential good investment when the stadium is complete.

Probably the only way he can get as much money back on what he's recklessly chucked into the club, our only hope is he sells to someone competent.

What will it take for people to just stop believing this?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back