Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Parachute payments are £45m and that’s only the first year, they drop drastically the next two years. Any sponsorships are reduced by a fifth. Players not on relegation clauses would need paying at premier league rates. Player values would drop by 50%. Big pay offs of staff too.

I don’t think people understand the impact these days, especially on a club that isn‘t in any way structured to deal with even one season in the championship. it could mean the end of the club.
I can’t understand people not grasping how horrific this has the potential to be . There is a reason Burnley pushed weghorst out they couldn’t carry his £45k ish wages a week , that wouldn’t even put him in top half .

There is the parachute payments to help.

Kean - should be £28m for a start, then there is Dominic Calvert-Lewin, Pickford, Iwobi (now in form teams could be interested), Gray, Keane, Gomes (in form in France so might have takers), Gbamin (similar to Gomes), Gana, Holgate.

As we have a massively bloated squad we'll still have good numbers and a strong squad (for the Championship anyway) Mykolenko, Patterson, Tarkowski, Godfrey, Branthwaite, Onana, Garner, Price (not far from the team already), Warrington (doing well in League One so would ready for the step up), Gordon, McNeil, Maupay (scored plenty there), Cannon, Simms (already proven he can score in the Championship).

Then add in some good loans and start sensible recruitment for needed positions and we can compete.

Again not what I want and hopefully we survive this year, but we must start to be a well run club and bring in a good manager.
We will not come back from relegation, it would be a financial, economic and club wide and fanbase catastrophe.

I can’t understand people not grasping how horrific this has the potential to be . There is a reason Burnley pushed weghorst out they couldn’t carry his £45k ish wages a week , that wouldn’t even put him in top half .
For perspective they just need to look at Oldham!

Its not beyond the realms of possibility that we follow that path.

It is, as you say, a nightmare scenario.

For perspective they just need to look at Oldham!

Its not beyond the realms of possibility that we follow that path.

It is, as you say, a nightmare scenario.
If it happens We could , if creatively ambitious and bought well bounce back like Burnley seem to be doing . Looking at the last 20 years however what gives anyone the confidence that that’s how it’s go ? Derby , Coventry , Leeds , Sheffield Wednesday , Wigan , Portsmouth , Southampton & palace have all been docked points and were all on their way out the prem when it happened .

Last edited:

Really need Crisis Management team walking in about now…
wolf.webp

It's not 'people' the supporters, but 'people' in control.
The idea some fans want relegation is ridiculous, more likely a misguided means to an end thinking it would mean being rid of Bill and his buds, but not necessarily so. He would blame supporters and claim he'd have to stay to fix the mess.
Relegation destroys any semblance of credibility we hold as an established club, moreso than Newcastle, they always had the potential to be at the sky trough, one team city etc.
We are just not capable of keeping our 'identity' (peoples club, eitc, community based etc) and playing the same game by their rules. We don't fit.
And that's the rub.
When the world's greatest evertonian brought Moshiri in, not many expected him to hang around the way he has, most thought 6-12 months and a more professional, appropriate executive team would be brought in to waken the sleeping giant. But Bill lingers like the bad fart he is.
I have my pet theory, completely fanciful and unsubstantiated, that we are a slush fund, laundry club, because it explains the behaviour. Of having Kenwright still there sticking his nose and his grubby mitts in, of not having a visible plan or structure and of not investing professionally.
DK showed how snidey the club's dealings were. Nothing has changed, just the numbers got bigger.
Relegation finishes the identity of Everton, but not Moshiri and certainly not that snake oil salesman Kenwright.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back