Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Their board are interesting in their CV's, although not mega rich. Another guy, Arne Rees (Chairman of their Advisory board) seems to have been well connected within UEFA in earlier years, basically a part of the team promoting the Champions League etc. Collectively it looks like a bunch of people who are professional and know what their doing - so, heaven knows what they make of the current Everton business plan.
Sounds like exactly what we need. Not keen on yank sport corps generally but anything would be better than our current shower.

This club genuinely couldn’t do a run of the mill normal thing in its existence. Everything has to have something stupid, weird or outright bizarre attached to it at all times. Here’s yet another example.

Bloody Jerry Maguire buying Everton.

6BDDF99E-1CB0-489A-B615-4A3A414AA5EA.png

Najafi is Vice Chairman of the Phoenix Suns. My girlfriend is originally from Arizona and still keeps up with the Phoenix teams (Diamondbacks, Cardinals, Suns), and though she absolutely hates the way the Diamondbacks and Cardinals are run, she doesn't have too many complaints about the Suns.

Not worth much, I know, ha. But just putting it out there. Can't imagine they'd be looking to get involved if they thought Moshiri was going to keep running things like a nut, so maybe they'd be looking at a longer-term takeover play.

It looks like they are quite active, and try to get representation on the board.

Wouldnt surprise me if they took over the senior positions on our board if they were to come in.

Seem to have experience in sport. Main guy valued at around 4bn. Second guy seems much more sketchy, but apparently has an investment worth 500m with one asset he bought into.

Will probably have access to greater funds beyond this. Will probably have little interest in throwing big money in. I'd imagine they would want to overhaul/improve the structure.

It looks like they are quite active, and try to get representation on the board.

Wouldnt surprise me if they took over the senior positions on our board if they were to come in.

Seem to have experience in sport. Main guy valued at around 4bn. Second guy seems much more sketchy, but apparently has an investment worth 500m with one asset he bought into.

Will probably have access to greater funds beyond this. Will probably have little interest in throwing big money in. I'd imagine they would want to overhaul/improve the structure.
The main fella seems the ideal person Farthead needed on the board from the beginning.

So, if MSP Sports Capital is one of the potential investors, who is the second? Fingers crossed an outfit with lots of $$$. With the Bloomberg article now declaring the MSP interest, it can't be too long before the other mob is revealed.

Najafi is Vice Chairman of the Phoenix Suns. My girlfriend is originally from Arizona and still keeps up with the Phoenix teams (Diamondbacks, Cardinals, Suns), and though she absolutely hates the way the Diamondbacks and Cardinals are run, she doesn't have too many complaints about the Suns.

Not worth much, I know, ha. But just putting it out there. Can't imagine they'd be looking to get involved if they thought Moshiri was going to keep running things like a nut, so maybe they'd be looking at a longer-term takeover play.
Najafi is worth 4 billion...not really chump change. Its more his access to wealth am interested in.

I've been a Suns fan for almost 20 years and the majority owner Robert Sarver has been terrible over the years (thankfully a change in majority ownership is going through in 2 weeks).

That being said Najafi was against Sarver (https://www.cnn.com/2022/09/16/spor...robert-sarver-resignation-spt-intl/index.html) so at least he's not a yes man

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back