Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
As much as some may want everyone to leave. It doesn't really solve anything. The same ffp constraints would be there. Moshiri is someone who is still needed at the moment with his investment.

A proactive approach would be to press this new look board on what exactly their plan is and to clearly demonstrate on a step by step basis how the club will improve over the next few seasons in its current landscape. If their ideas are unrealistic or unlikely then I would suggest to up the ante on removing them.

Like it or not, when this stadium is completed, he's goes down as one of the most important figures in the club's history. In 50 years time, nobody will give a s*** about almost getting relegated a couple of times (so far).

I, like all of us, think he's absolutely terrible at football, but in the grand scheme of things calling for him to go is very short-sighted.

Bin and bed.

Even if it is only temporary, the last person you want involved and overseeing one of the most important transitional periods in Everton's history is the actual person who played a massive roll in steering the club to this juncture. How can anything he does be good for the club. It is impossible, it can only ever make things worse. The only way to do a full reset is to do a full reset. We now even have the owner and worst football decision maker ever on the board just to dig the knife in even deeper.

Really bad day for Everton this, i cannot see one positive in it anywhere.

It's pretty evident at that this point actually its been extremely obvious at the beginning the only reason Moshiri was courted to acquire the club by kenwright is that the gifted noticed mosh was a malleable naive rube he could dupe along with creating the facade that the club was finally evolving. Moshiri is such a simpleton, and a front man for alisher who apparently isn't much sharper when it comes to football matters

In the end, I find I dont really have anything to say about the king parasite. Hes one of the worst businesspeople ever, and every dime he made clearly must have come from pure corruption. No one believes a word he says, for good reason.
There's a reason he was a shareholder at Arsenal, and nothing more

This was the reasoning for my stance on him up until today. Let him get the stadium done and sell up. It's a compromise, but necessary.

But now that he's doubled-down on being an absolute moron by keeping Kenwright in place (and even had the statement to make it look like he begged BK to stay), he needs to be held to account. He can't keep making damaging decisions and presiding over what looks probable to end in relegation next season. I'd love to see demonstrations against him personally, not to force him out (because that won't happen yet), but to make it known that he is ultimately responsible for everything that goes wrong. Hopefully some real fan pressure being applied will force some better decision making.

You have to presume he is staying as no one else at the club felt they were comfortable negotiating player transfers.

It's still totally a bad decision but how damaging depends on how long Kenwright stays. It is fairly normal for the old guard to work with the new board until they feel comfortable that the day to day is being handled. How quickly the MSP people come on board and get up to speed will be crucial.

I get the feeling maybe Unsmanov has said to Moshiri,

“oy knobhead, you’re selling 25% of my club for how much?!?!,
I want double that, get your ass back down there personally and sort it, and tell your little mate he’s staying until it’s sorted too”

You have to presume he is staying as no one else at the club felt they were comfortable negotiating player transfers.

It's still totally a bad decision but how damaging depends on how long Kenwright stays. It is fairly normal for the old guard to work with the new board until they feel comfortable that the day to day is being handled. How quickly the MSP people come on board and get up to speed will be crucial.

Why the hell are we paying someone to pretend to be a Director of Football?

Like it or not, when this stadium is completed, he's goes down as one of the most important figures in the club's history. In 50 years time, nobody will give a s*** about almost getting relegated a couple of times (so far).

I, like all of us, think he's absolutely terrible at football, but in the grand scheme of things calling for him to go is very short-sighted.

Understandably this post got a negative reception.

I agree with you in principle though, if ultimately we get the stadium, comfortably stay up, he sells up and we kick on. It would be forgotten.

But just as understandably, people aren't convinced that he has any intention of going and think we are headed for a 3rd successive relegation battle.

I'm reserving judgement myself until MSP come in AND we see if any of the players in key positions we need come through the door.

Always gobsmacked by the knowledge of some people concerning the character, business acumen or lack of it of Moshiri. My expertise in higher financial activities is zero.Being naive I assume that somewhere on his path to richness, aside from actual robbery, our billionaire made use of some talents he was born with. These are way beyond my understanding and I suspect beyond the vast majority of GOT denizens whose unsung talents have not had the advantages afforded our Iranian friend. Let the knowledgeable abuse by the GOT experts continue unchecked.

Even if it is only temporary, the last person you want involved and overseeing one of the most important transitional periods in Everton's history is the actual person who played a massive roll in steering the club to this juncture. How can anything he does be good for the club. It is impossible, it can only ever make things worse. The only way to do a full reset is to do a full reset. We now even have the owner and worst football decision maker ever on the board just to dig the knife in even deeper.

Really bad day for Everton this, i cannot see one positive in it anywhere.
Only positive is moving away from the apparent inertia at the club.

Get the MSP loan/investment done.

Once Dyche has had his break maybe something can actually be done for the coming season.

It's a vain hope I know.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back