Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
Wouldn't say outright success, that would then depend how quickly we return to the PL, how long for the next owner to come in and who they are. Other than that though I agree with your point though, stay up and we have a successful transition and the bloke has done more for us than any previous owner. Some fans can't see we were dying on our arse before this, okay it might have taken longer but we seriously would have gone downhill as all other clubs overtook our matchday income making it harder to compete anyhow. We needed someone to take a risk that no one had done previously, of course this is Everton so in his tenure he has been hit with Brexit, Covid, Ukraine war - which cannot be underestimated how much that has killed us and high interest rates.

People just moan without trying to understand the complexities of how we got here. You have to examine the events that led us to this point, when this was being planned there was no way of knowing what would happen. Without the war the income would have kept coming so we wouldn't have been so restricted from a player point of view and the banks would have loaned us the dosh for the stadium. I would say a large reason why the banks don't want to loan us the money is they've been instructed not to due to our (alleged) silent owner. We are being screwed from all sides, Moshiri wants more than us to get us to a stable point, finish BM and move on, he's got a billion reasons to.
That's exactly it.

I find it frustrating (and a good example of the endemic hubris in our fanbase) that people are so ready to hang the Moshiri Out bedsheets. The stadium build is now almost dismissed as something that has happened of its own accord. Like you alluded to, people seem to have forgotten just how much of a dead end we'd been in for decades.

For the record, I think Moshiri is a div, but he's quite clearly not a bad owner in the mould of the Glazers or Randy Lerner etc. He's now hamstrung by all of the factors you've mentioned and is suffering from his own crap football acumen.

Finish the stadium and sell up would be my suggestion, Farhad.

A reminder that no matter how bad Moshiri has been in a football sense, he is solely responsible for the the stadium being where it is right now.

If this stadium gets finished and we get relegated, then his time here goes down as a success.

There’s a reason this post has been universally laughed at. Never read so much complete dribble in my life.

That's exactly it.

I find it frustrating (and a good example of the endemic hubris in our fanbase) that people are so ready to hang the Moshiri Out bedsheets. The stadium build is now almost dismissed as something that has happened of its own accord. Like you alluded to, people seem to have forgotten just how much of a dead end we'd been in for decades.

For the record, I think Moshiri is a div, but he's quite clearly not a bad owner in the mould of the Glazers or Randy Lerner etc. He's now hamstrung by all of the factors you've mentioned and is suffering from his own crap football acumen.

Finish the stadium and sell up would be my suggestion, Farhad.

but again i repeat - if we don’t sort the team

he will get less for a sale in a lower league

new ground or not

Unlucky Mosh man, you have been played by an evil genius.

1692875988030.webp

I don't know how I feel.

He has put an awful lot of money into our club, but it has all gone on crap. On one hand I feel bad for him, on the other I wonder how someone like him makes billions.

Feel sorry for him? There are plenty of people out there that are capable of running the football operations of a club. He/Usmanov/Kenwright just needed to find some or allow the ones in place to do their jobs.

I honestly don’t feel like I can launch at Mosh as much as I can Kenwright.

He’s the guy who has issued loans to the club, he has put money in. We are on the verge of a new stadium too, something that would never of happened just under the previous regime.

Can’t help but feel he’s been foolish and listened to the wolf in sheep’s clothing (BK) too much.

Yes he’s made some howling errors and also probably been badly advised.

But for me, the root of all evil is still BK. He’s the tumour the club cannot rid itself of.

This makes no sense. Moshiri owns the club and could’ve got rid of Kenwright in 2016. The only reason Kenwright is still here is because of Moshiri.

This stadium blindness from the fanbase is going to kill the club. Moshiri needs chasing out.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back