Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
An asset only has value if it generates revenue. We will not earn more money in the Championship, stadium or not. The television revenues are too dramatically different. It will lead to real cash flow problems, not fake FFP ones.

I'm not just talking overall income. If we were still at Goodison in the championship it would make it a lot harder for us to get out as the income difference being a supposedly 'big' club would be minimal to those clubs we would be fighting against. To help cement our place in the top division we need to earn a lot more than the other clubs to enable us to 1. Spend more in the PL to hopefully prevent us dropping in the first place and 2. Be able to bounce back quickly if we ever did. This increases our value and we'd be seen as a bit more of a safer investment.

An owner’s job isn’t to “pump money into the club”, it’s to actually run the club.

I disagree to a point with that Mike, an owner needs to pump money into the club, if it needs it to add value. But an owner also needs to appoint professionals to run the club properly as a going concern. Moshiri is now failing on both of those levels. Initially he pumped money in that stopped a long time ago, he has never employed professionals to run the club, that will be his undoing.

Wouldn't say outright success, that would then depend how quickly we return to the PL, how long for the next owner to come in and who they are. Other than that though I agree with your point though, stay up and we have a successful transition and the bloke has done more for us than any previous owner. Some fans can't see we were dying on our arse before this, okay it might have taken longer but we seriously would have gone downhill as all other clubs overtook our matchday income making it harder to compete anyhow. We needed someone to take a risk that no one had done previously, of course this is Everton so in his tenure he has been hit with Brexit, Covid, Ukraine war - which cannot be underestimated how much that has killed us and high interest rates.

People just moan without trying to understand the complexities of how we got here. You have to examine the events that led us to this point, when this was being planned there was no way of knowing what would happen. Without the war the income would have kept coming so we wouldn't have been so restricted from a player point of view and the banks would have loaned us the dosh for the stadium. I would say a large reason why the banks don't want to loan us the money is they've been instructed not to due to our (alleged) silent owner. We are being screwed from all sides, Moshiri wants more than us to get us to a stable point, finish BM and move on, he's got a billion reasons too.
we spent next to nothing benitez’s first summer here and that was before the war in ukraine so although it hasn’t helped it wasn’t really the catalyst , as for brexit and covid every other team faced the same problems

Look, he has run out of cash since Uncle Uzi got put under virtual house arrest, what would you do in his shoes? I think he is trying to bring in money from somewhere and sell part/all of the club. However as with his choice of manager appointments, or interfering with transfers, or appearing on SKY via Telephone... He is crap at that as well!

But first and foremost we are a FOOTBALL CLUB

Which is teetering on the brink of financial ruin due to poor mismanagement and the aid of a £750m stadium cost
Sadly we are not first and foremost a football club. Like most PL clubs we are either a billionaires ego trip, sportswashing or an asset screw. English football began to sell its soul to Murdoch and has removed itself further and further from you and I ever since. Football is simply the vehicle for other motivations. Hopefully it will all go bust one day and we will get the game back. A corrupt TV show is all it now is.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back