Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
A reminder that no matter how bad Moshiri has been in a football sense, he is solely responsible for the the stadium being where it is right now.

If this stadium gets finished and we get relegated, then his time here goes down as a success.
Not for me it doesn't.

If it was achieved at the expense of mid-table comfort & security for a few years then I might have taken a different view.

As it is, the stadium is not fully funded to completion that I am aware of and Moshiri himself has been the most grotesque disaster for Everton Football Club.

I assume the stadium will be completed, on borrowed money.

He needs to get out of this football club today and take Kenwright with him.

We're a football club playing in a 120 year stadium in an era of corporate hospitality.

The stadium and the club are clearly separate projects, but are not mutually exclusive.

The club needs to be in the Premier League in order for the stadium to generate enough revenue to justify its existence.

Can't do that in the Championship. The debt taken on to build the stadium adds a level of risk to the equation.

If they club can't generate revenue to pay off the loans post-construction, administration comes.

Administration doesn't care if there's a new stadium or not.

No one will be thanking Moshiri while being treated to corporate hospitality in League One.

This makes no sense. Moshiri owns the club and could’ve got rid of Kenwright in 2016. The only reason Kenwright is still here is because of Moshiri.

This stadium blindness from the fanbase is going to kill the club. Moshiri needs chasing out.
Back then I'm sure I remember reading that Bill was being kept on transitionally for 18 / 24 months only...it may or may not have been true at the time though - who knows
*reflects...nah, probably not...well obviously not now

No one will be thanking Moshiri while being treated to corporate hospitality in League One.

That's an over dramatisation that this fanbase likes to do to whip up that section into a frenzy. We are two games into the season so there is no immediate threat of relegation to the championship nevermind talking x amount of years ahead and being in league one. If the poster you have responded to can be classed as painting a too positive a picture you have gone completely to the other side.

Administration doesn't care if there's a new stadium or not.

It makes a difference as we would have an asset that would make us more attractive to potential buyers. Whether in the championship or PL we would still earn more money than we would at Goodison hopefully diminishing the threat of administration going forward. Of course that is tempered by the fact we are in a dangerous zone as it stands while we are still building it. We just need to do whatever it takes to get in there.

But first and foremost we are a FOOTBALL CLUB

Which is teetering on the brink of financial ruin due to poor mismanagement and the aid of a £750m stadium cost
But how much of that mismanagement is purely down to bad decision making? For all his failings, you can't say he hasn't pumped money into the club. We need new investment, sure, but as owners go we could've had it much worse.

That's an over dramatisation that this fanbase likes to do to whip up that section into a frenzy. We are two games into the season so there is no immediate threat of relegation to the championship nevermind talking x amount of years ahead and being in league one. If the poster you have responded to can be classed as painting a too positive a picture you have gone completely to the other side.

It makes a difference as we would have an asset that would make us more attractive to potential buyers. Whether in the championship or PL we would still earn more money than we would at Goodison hopefully diminishing the threat of administration going forward. Of course that is tempered by the fact we are in a dangerous zone as it stands while we are still building it. We just need to do whatever it takes to get in there.

We have been in a relegation fight the last two years. No significant additions have been made to the squad to improve our fortunes (if anything we've lost our best centerback). To say this is based on two matches is disingenuous. I'm always hopeful during the window, even if history tells me I shouldn't be. The squad needs improvement to protect this man's investment.

An asset only has value if it generates revenue. We will not earn more money in the Championship, stadium or not. The television revenues are too dramatically different. It will lead to real cash flow problems, not fake FFP ones.

This makes no sense. Moshiri owns the club and could’ve got rid of Kenwright in 2016. The only reason Kenwright is still here is because of Moshiri.

This stadium blindness from the fanbase is going to kill the club. Moshiri needs chasing out.
We have no idea what sort of agreement was reached in the original acquisition. Maybe he can’t get rid of Kenwright due to a clause, we will never know probably.

Maybe he still trusts Kenwright. Maybe he can’t see beyond Kenwright and still thinks he is Mr Everton.

It doesn’t detract from the fact though that Kenwright is the one constant in all of the failures of the last 25 years.

We have been in a relegation fight the last two years. No significant additions have been made to the squad to improve our fortunes (if anything we've lost our best centerback). To say this is based on two matches is disingenuous. I'm always hopeful during the window, even if history tells me I shouldn't be. The squad needs improvement to protect this man's investment.

An asset only has value if it generates revenue. We will not earn more money in the Championship, stadium or not. The television revenues are too dramatically different. It will lead to real cash flow problems, not fake FFP ones.

We were without our main striker for most of last season. If he had been fit we would have been clear of the drop by a lot more. Could also say if Dyche was in charge for the whole season we'd have done better. Last season's finishing position doesn't prove factual evidence to how you perform in the next, there has been countless examples of this. As for recruitment we are waiting for our top scorer to come back into the side, Harrison will be on the other wing, they'll both provide a lot more cover for the defence that we haven't had so far. We have Danjuma and Chermiti as other attacking options and Dele as a wildcard, so talking of disingenuous it is to say there hasn't been additions to the squad. We need to see those in action and have at least 6 to 8 games to then really map out are we better or worse than last season and whether the teams around us are too. Then we can start to talk about a relegation fight if it looks like that. We've lost two games and this forum goes mad.

I'm not ruling it out and saying it will never happen but the proof is in the pudding and I see a depleted team that should have beaten Fulham and a game we were always going to lose as they are better than us. I need to see more to go one way or the other.

And this Sports Media Company loans. Has to be the only reason he's not been fired and has to resign in order for him to release some control.

Conspiracy it maybe but the only valid reason.

But how much of that mismanagement is purely down to bad decision making? For all his failings, you can't say he hasn't pumped money into the club. We need new investment, sure, but as owners go we could've had it much worse.
You mean like appointing the wrong managers, listening to outside advice, taking players to aid friends i.e. "Agents", allowing an incompetent board which has failed year after year to remain in place, allowing the club become financially instable

But yeah, he gave us some money which technically he'll get back.

Swear to god people think this is his money that he's gifted to us like a rich uncle at christmas.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back