Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
That's entirely on our self-congratulatory board of the time.

90% of our revenue (outside of match day and TV) was Usmanov owned companies.

"Look how great we are getting all these deals signed!"

"Aren't we clever! Inventing an imaginary queue of people wanting to secure naming rights and getting 30m for nothing at all!"

It's akin to an investment manager putting everything you own into a single stock.

Pathetic way to run a business, well done BK and DBB.

This tired narrative again? Its not, and never was money laundering. Pre Ukraine invasion (which is when our spending stopped dead) all of Usmanov companies operated prefectly legitimately in all 4 corners of the earth.

He didn't need a middling premier football club to launder what is essentially chump change.

More likely it was an I'll advised attempt to stick two fingers up at Kronke and it backfired in a quite spectacular fashion.

I'd bet my house that Kenwright is involved, probably getting a cut somewhere.

First Vibrac, now Rights and Media.

Both offering the exact same service, one appears as soon as the other closes. Both faceless, both signed off by Kenwright.

I'm pleased Moshiri is on his way, the decision making has been abysmal.

The biggest failure was keeping Kenwright and all his enablers onboard.
Who knows where we'd be with 800m and a bit of competence?

spot on mate, just the way I feel about it.

Simon Goodley.

Lol.

💩

"Records seen by the Guardian appear to show that Moshiri borrowed £145m from a company wholly owned by the Russian-Uzbek tycoon from about 2020.
The papers also set out how, between 2018 and 2022, Moshiri sold about £270m of shares in a company whose largest shareholder was Usmanov. Moshiri did not pay for those shares, public accounts imply, which accounting experts suggested could mean the share sales were a gift."

Let's move on...

...hold on, Simon Goodley's written an update...

K0Wruac.gif

Simon Goodley.

Lol.

💩

"Records seen by the Guardian appear to show that Moshiri borrowed £145m from a company wholly owned by the Russian-Uzbek tycoon from about 2020.
The papers also set out how, between 2018 and 2022, Moshiri sold about £270m of shares in a company whose largest shareholder was Usmanov. Moshiri did not pay for those shares, public accounts imply, which accounting experts suggested could mean the share sales were a gift."

Let's move on...
I liked the bit where it says he got the shares without paying anything and the article saying "financial analysts say this looks like he got them for free".

Really? Wish I got paid for stating the obvious like that

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back