Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,289 92.3%

• Total voters
I dont want it all right now, I want more than a few vague sentences. Outline of what we might expect the club to look like and where he believes we should be in, say, five and then ten years time.

Is that a massive thing to ask?

You're swerving my point.

Your posts suggest he should have 18 months of plans bottled up and ready to announce, which is simply unrealistic.

It's just filler. What is it? Planning permission sought? Nothing at all. As said: if he'd stepped into LFC and mumbled a few words then got off again there'd be a United Nations emergency session in full swing by now. At EFC though: blind acceptance that a man with a bag of ill-gotten gains will do right by us.
You've given brown shoes 3 years to deliver nowt, and yet your teddys out the pram already beacuse the man who's owned his shares for 3 weeks hasn't slapped a fully costed stadium plan on the table for your personal perusal

Perhaps he is on holiday.

He has use of technology. It's not difficult to take time out counting his money to put together an interview with the club or a broad sheet.

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I think when someone walks into and takes control of a 138 year old institution and the 4th most successful football club in the world''s biggest league, I expect them to have more to say than "I am part of this family now".

We need a damn sight more than that. Imagine United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal after a de facto take over and then it all goes completely silent with no explanation of what the plan is?

That would be in contravention of Premier League rules, so is practically a non starter.

All the Premier League see's is Usmanov owns part of Arsenal and Moshiri owns half of Everton.

Moshiri I'm assuming bought his 50% stake using £85 of the £200 million paid to him by Usmanov. They could have joint interest in both clubs and we wouldn't know. I just find it strange how they are partners in near enough all of their business interests (including arsenal) then Moshiri just decides to upsticks to a potential sleeping giant rival club to go it alone.

if he'd stepped into LFC and mumbled a few words then got off again there'd be a United Nations emergency session in full swing by now. At EFC though: blind acceptance

From October 2010, John W Henry:

"We have a lot of work to do and I can't tell you how happy I am that we've finally got to this point," he said. He was unwilling to commit himself on plans for investment in new players or in a new, larger stadium. "It's too early to say what we're going to do," he said, "but obviously we're here to win and we'll do whatever is necessary."

All the Premier League see's is Usmanov owns part of Arsenal and Moshiri owns half of Everton.

Moshiri I'm assuming bought his 50% stake using £85 of the £200 million paid to him by Usmanov. They could have joint interest in both clubs and we wouldn't know. I just find it strange how they are partners in near enough all of their business interests (including arsenal) then Moshiri just decides to upsticks to a potential sleeping giant rival club to go it alone.

So you are contending that the 2nd largest shareholder in Arsenal and the largest shareholder in Everton are willingly conspiring against Premier League rules?

All the Premier League see's is Usmanov owns part of Arsenal and Moshiri owns half of Everton... They could have a joint interest in both clubs and we wouldn't know about it

You're suggesting that both Arsenal and Everton are essentially going to falsify their audited accounts (committing criminal offences) as well as acting in contravention of Premier League rules just so...? Moshiri and Usmanov can continue to work together?

So you are contending that the 2nd largest shareholder in Arsenal and the largest shareholder in Everton are willingly conspiring against Premier League rules?

I don't buy into that Moshiri is a puppet of Usmanov's or that they are Usmanov's shares ala the Green and Earle conspiracy scenario, but I wouldn't be suprised with the new TV deal coming into effect the pair have seen us as a potential wise investment and Moshiri has jumped onto us thus the pair hedging their funds so to speak.

Similar to how Man City's owners effectively get away with sponsoring themselves, it's technically "legit" but at the same time it's iffy, just my opinion of course!

As a significant owner of one Premier League club you have to sign a declaration confirming you or any connected parties have any no interest whatsoever in any other club.

You've given brown shoes 3 years to deliver nowt, and yet your teddys out the pram already beacuse the man who's owned his shares for 3 weeks hasn't slapped a fully costed stadium plan on the table for your personal perusal

I'm convinced it's just a long term position to attack Moshiri when he gets rid of the manager

tin_hatter-gif.27323

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back