Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,287 92.3%

• Total voters
But as with anything in football. Your player acquisition strategy is all 'ifs and buts'

It has too many presumptions in it that - players perform.

Have seen far too many examples of big spending clubs not get what they expected when they did spend massively. Man United are the latest example.

Whereas a stadium development is guaranteed to give us an increase in share value equity.

If you have a point Damo, its been lost in your utter ramblings.

Moshi will do something regarding the stadium, its the thing thats holding us back.

He wont be spending bucket loads on players and nor will he need to, Rom will be off in the Summer and with it 40-50m in our transfer kitty, added to the 40m or so surplus to the Sky money that leaves roughly 100m for our new Manager to spend next season, without anybody spending a penny.

I think you know myself and @The Esk have been obssessing over Moshiri since it was announced.

There's not a day thats gone past without me thinking about what he's going to do.

As you know myself and @The Esk have different views I prefer investment into the stadium; he preferences player acquisitons.

I'm sure we will get both in the longer term.

I think it will be a bit of both and that was what we were trying to say earlier. This 'EFC to spend £150million in the summer' is nonsense.

Unless we are spending next years budget as well. Which I doubt we will do.

Matthew darling.

As I said yesterday, you don't need to tag people in all the time. It makes you look needy and smacks of attention seeking and, although it was amusing at first it's already been flagged as being inappropriate

Blues,

We need your help with two things;

• Replying to every thread with "first" or tagging in other forum members as a joke. Please stop this. It was funny, its now tedious and counter productive. I've asked the moderators to start dishing out 'Off Topic' warnings for these posts.

... kindly desist

Thank you for your future cooperation.

I'm not saying we will, nor that it is sensible to do so, just pointing out that it's possible to do so and comply with FFP.

Yeah. Hmm. I guess. We do have a bigger picture issue though and infrastructure has been neglected for 30 years.

I prefer spending some of this money there along with a reasonable player outlay.

Putting all of our eggs on players is not a good idea for me.

Yeah. Hmm. I guess. We do have a bigger picture issue though and infrastructure has been neglected for 30 years.

I prefer spending some of this money there along with a reasonable player outlay.

Putting all of our eggs on players is not a good idea for me.

Why would he do that?

Hes not a stupid, you need to stop trying to out think a man that makes more money in a week than you will or I will make in our lifetime.

And I meant Moshi, not Esk.

I think you know myself and @The Esk have been obssessing over Moshiri since it was announced.

There's not a day thats gone past without me thinking about what he's going to do.

As you know myself and @The Esk have different views I prefer investment into the stadium; he preferences player acquisitons.

I'm sure we will get both in the longer term.

I think it will be a bit of both and that was what we were trying to say earlier. This 'EFC to spend £150million in the summer' is nonsense.

Unless we are spending next years budget as well. Which I doubt we will do.

The stadium issue isn't without irony in a way. The red and white holding mission statement was made in response to the Arsenal boards ability to pay competitive wages, keeps stars and attract players to remain competitive. Yet the debt at Arsenal took on in reality needed managing. I'm a huge fan of that model. Yet they struggled for a time despite having huge revenue from real estate and increased capacity and corporate hospitality at Prob the most expensive prices in world football. That now is exactly what Moshiri must do, yet was critical of the Arsenal board it's all very ironic. Which is why I say the mission statement should not be taken to littreally. As we will have to face down the barrel of the same good.

The key things in developing a ground will be debt and finding the balance to be competitive, it's almost impossible. The funding model and debt make up are going to be critical. But finding that balance between, infrastructure development, business plan/debt management and being football compeitive is going to be a highly skilfully and tricky job encompassing all areas of the club.

Of course if that is the route we take

The stadium issue isn't without irony in a way. The red and white holding mission statement was made in response to the Arsenal boards ability to pay competitive wages, keeps stars and attract players to remain competitive. Yet the debt at Arsenal took on in reality needed managing. I'm a huge fan of that model. Yet they struggled for a time despite having huge revenue from real estate and increased capacity and corporate hospitality at Prob the most expensive prices in world football. That now is exactly what Moshiri must do, yet was critical of the Arsenal board it's all very ironic. Which is why I say the mission statement should not be taken to littreally. As we will have to face down the barrel of the same good.

The key things in developing a ground will be debt and finding the balance to be competitive, it's almost impossible. The funding model and debt make up are going to be critical. But finding that balance between, infrastructure development, business plan/debt management and being football compeitive is going to be a highly skilfully and tricky job encompassing all areas of the club.

Of course if that is the route we take

Clearly he disagreed with the way Arse did it.

Clearly he has a different way.

Ironically the whole "need to remain competitive" is exactly what I mentioned in regards to the managers position being untenable long term. I think for us to invest such a big sum into a new stadium Moshiri will need to ensure we are doing the business on the pitch season in season out.

I think it all depends on what type of deal was in place for Farhads investment. He paid £85 million for his stake but received £200 million from Usmanov for his arsenal shares, would be interesting to see if he will look to use that extra cash towards the stadium alongside any loans/naming rights income.

There was also rumours that Moshiri paid as little as £30 million at the time with the rest going towards the stadium (think it was a mirror article), I think we need to find out the details of the takeover first.

Ironically the whole "need to remain competitive" is exactly what I mentioned in regards to the managers position being untenable long term. I think for us to invest such a big sum into a new stadium Moshiri will need to ensure we are doing the business on the pitch season in season out.

I think it all depends on what type of deal was in place for Farhads investment. He paid £85 million for his stake but received £200 million from Usmanov for his arsenal shares, would be interesting to see if he will look to use that extra cash towards the stadium alongside any loans/naming rights income.

There was also rumours that Moshiri paid ad little as £30 million at the time with the rest going towards the stadium, I think we need to find out the details of the takeover first.
£30m to buy 49.9% of Everton?

For years, it was always an "either/or" thing between stadium and players in terms of where we needed to invest. Build a new stadium, but have a sell-to-buy policy on transfers, and eventually we'd be in the Championship. Invest totally in players without doing anything about the less-than-stellar income-generating ability of an admittedly precious but past her sell-by date Goodison, and we'd be limiting our potential to improve the corporate side. No we have a man who will let us make great strides on both fronts. Win-win for me.

£30m to buy 49.9% of Everton?

Can't remember the exact article it sounded far fetched but it was a long those lines, that or something like Kenwright would give up his remaining shares to moshiri if he funded the new stadium as a sort of trade off guarantee.

Only thing that makes me think that has any credit is that I find it strange how Moshiri bought only half or so of Bill and Woods shares. Maybe a deal is in place to give him their remaining 20% or so should he sort the stadium out?

Can't remember the exact article it sounded far fetched but it was a long those lines, that or something like Kenwright would give up his remaining shares to moshiri if he funded the new stadium as a sort of trade off guarantee.

Only thing that makes me think that has any credit us that I find it strange how Moshiri bought only half or so of Bill and Woods shares. Maybe a deal is in place to give him their remaining 20% or so should he sort the stadium out?
I also believe that there is some deal in place we may never be privy to. But £30m to buy 49.9% of Everton sounds rather hard to believe, even it it involved putting the rest into the stadium.

I also believe that there is some deal in place we may never be privy to. But £30m to buy 49.9% of Everton sounds rather hard to believe, even it it involved putting the rest into the stadium.

Agree mate, if basically the deal is "fund us a stadium and you can have our (Kenwright and Woods) remaining 21% shares" then it makes sense financially tbh. He's paid £85 million for 49.9%, now say he funds a £300 million stadium out his own pocket and gets that 21% so in essence he'll have paid around £385 mlliion at most for a 70% stake in a top 7 quality side with a new 55k+ seater stadium. That's not taking into account money from naming rights and any debts taken out that pays towards the stadium which would mean less out of his own pockets.

Considering he made £200 million from selling 15% in arsenal he'll essentially have bought us for £185 million. He could then realistically down the line sell us for £450 million+ and that's how he makes his profit.

All conjecture of course but I could certainly see that being one way this deal was made.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back