Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,287 92.3%

• Total voters
...not small stuff, a vision - some broad brush strokes. From that BU tweet today you can see the sort disgruntlement that can begin to fester.

Dave.

That BU lot would fester if they missed 'hit the bar' at half time in a game. Never mind this.

They live and breath disgruntlement. its their raison d'etre

...not small stuff, a vision - some broad brush strokes. From that BU tweet today you can see the sort disgruntlement that can begin to fester.

Maybe they wanna get this utter shambles of a season over, take stock of the 50m lose in prize money your golden goose has cost them, get a new man and a look at how to repair the damage the spanish buller has done to our great club?

Maybe they wanna get this utter shambles of a season over, take stock of the 50m lose in prize money your golden goose has cost them, get a new man and a look at how to repair the damage the spanish buller has done to our great club?

Oh Goat. Oh Dave.

Can't we all just get along?

Hopefully Mr Moshiri will do something dramatic to improve the mood.

I doubt if he did that would impress those BU moaners.

Dave.

That BU lot would fester if they missed 'hit the bar' at half time in a game. Never mind this.

They live and breath disgruntlement. its their raison d'etre
Misunderstanding is at the heart of mistrust. Why allow the feelgood factor to drift for the sake of better communication? It's my understanding that Moshiri wished to speak to fan groups when the news broke of his involvement. I didn't see any evidence of that coming to fruition though.

Lessons have to be learned if the kind of antagonism that built up previously between fan groups and the board and officers of the club are to be avoided under this new regime.

The golden goose has added about £150M to the value of the squad since he had to break up and move on the Dads Army squad bequeathed to him by ginger bollocks.

Everton are quids in with El Conquistador in charge.

Misunderstanding is at the heart of mistrust. Why allow the feelgood factor to drift for the sake of better communication? It's my understanding that Moshiri wished to speak to fan groups when the news broke of his involvement. I didn't see any evidence of that coming to fruition though.

Lessons have to be learned if the kind of antagonism that built up previously between fan groups and the board and officers of the club are to be avoided under this new regime.
I suspect he's been advised not to speak yet (whether by Kenwright or someone else). We have had so many PR disasters around the stadium issue that if he speaks too early and his plans don't immediately some to fruition it would be seen as another KD/DK/WHP fiasco.

I get the point around wanting to hear something now but I would rather the statement wasn't misleading or half baked.

I suspect he's been advised not to speak yet (whether by Kenwright or someone else). We have had so many PR disasters around the stadium issue that if he speaks too early and his plans don't immediately some to fruition it would be seen as another KD/DK/WHP fiasco.

I get the point around wanting to hear something now but I would rather the statement wasn't misleading or half baked.

Its like Liverpool. If they're not in the news 24/7 they invent stuff to get into the 24-hour news channels.

I agree with everything you say. i.e. Unless you've got something substantial to say. Say nothing at all.

Personally I think the inference from The Blue Union is that a Board containing Bill, Jon Woods, Mr Moshiri's representative and our CEO Robert Elstone does not represent sufficient change, or at least the change they expected when Mr Moshiri's purchase of shares was announced.

That's being kind, I imagine it's in some way trying to make themselves relevant. The options really are: we forced change, this change is the best ever, sling mud. Option 3 makes the most sense, thus leaving themselves open to be able to say we had our doubts from the start.

KEIOC/BU/one man and his dog, have never done anything but undermine the club and it's over all welfare, through very questionable values and actions.

It's enough to turn my own suspicions on the head, if that's their opinion.

Last edited:

Its like Liverpool. If they're not in the news 24/7 they invent stuff to get into the 24-hour news channels.

I agree with everything you say. i.e. Unless you've got something substantial to say. Say nothing at all.
Don't get me wrong he does need to state his plans in due course- hopefully in the summer. If not the mood in the fan base will deteriorate.

For now I'd just remember that Hicks and Gillette said there would be "spades in the ground in 60 days" for the new Anfield. There is no advantage to be gained in rushing things to keep the fans happy at this stage.

facepalmm.gif

That's being kind, I imagine it's in some way trying to make themselves relevant. The options really are: we forced change, this change is the best ever, sling mud. Option 3 makes the most sense, thus leaving themselves open to be able to say we had our doubts from the start.

KEIOC/BU/one man and his dog, have never done anything but undermine the club and it's over all welfare, through very questionable values and actions.

It's enough to turn my own suspicions on the head, if that's there opinion.

I'm sure there's some positioning going on - as you say if nothing changes then "we've campaigned for change from the earliest time", or if there's suitable change "it's because we campaigned for it" or unsuitable change "we carry on campaigning"

One thing though, for whatever motives groups are created (and conscious of the positive and negative effects of different groups), we're all blues and I really do not like criticising other blues.

I'm sure there's some positioning going on - as you say if nothing changes then "we've campaigned for change from the earliest time", or if there's suitable change "it's because we campaigned for it" or unsuitable change "we carry on campaigning"

One thing though, for whatever motives groups are created (and conscious of the positive and negative affects of different groups), we're all blues and I really do not like criticising other blues.

Agreed mate, hopefully a time to heal rifts in the fan base, I won't take the thread of track!

I think there's a lot of edgy people wondering just what Moshiri's game is, tbh.

Cant blame people for wondering out loud...they're just filling the gaping vacuum where a plan should have been announced in the first week or so after he took effective control.

First rule of control: manage the message or have it managed for you.

I think it's a nudge in the ribs of Moshiri to remind him that we've had enough of being kept at arms length at this club.

When you say there's a lot of edgy people mate, I would say there's about 5 people who are edgy.

Let's see where we stand in the summer eh, more pressing options at the moment like a cup up for grabs, points to be won, top striker probably swanning off and a manager who most fans are not happy with.

Moshiri is certainly down on my list of priorities until the end of the season and I should imagine most fans feel the same.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back