Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,285 92.3%

• Total voters
I suspect he's been advised not to speak yet (whether by Kenwright or someone else). We have had so many PR disasters around the stadium issue that if he speaks too early and his plans don't immediately some to fruition it would be seen as another KD/DK/WHP fiasco.

I get the point around wanting to hear something now but I would rather the statement wasn't misleading or half baked.

Come on. I don't think he has made it to here in life by needing to take advice from Kenwright on when to make a public statement. I think he has a good handle on how to conduct himself in a light that he wants to paint himself in.

Come on. I don't think he has made it to here in life by needing to take advice from Kenwright on when to make a public statement. I think he has a good handle on how to conduct himself in a light that he wants to paint himself in.
He will have advisers is my point rather than any anti-Bill sentiment (in particular if what Dave says is true about him wanting to make a statement when news of the investment broke).

Lets just see what he has to say when he's not half cut.

Question:

Does anyone think that Mr Moshiri might read this forum?

I say this since. Its quite normal for an investor get to know their customers (in this case: supporters).

Surely he owns an iphone or an android?

Might pop on here for a quick 5 minutes waiting on his private jet to finish fueling.

I wonder what he thinks reading some of the posts?

Question:

Does anyone think that Mr Moshiri might read this forum?

I say this since. Its quite normal for an investor get to know their customers (in this case: supporters).

Surely he owns an iphone or an android?

Might pop on here for a quick 5 minutes waiting on his private jet to finish fueling.

I wonder what he thinks reading some of the posts?
Dont worry prob skips your posts mate

Incorporating a company in the Isle of Man has certain advantages for an investor, and in the case of Mr Moshiri:

• Legal system based on English common law
  • no general capital gains tax, turnover tax or capital transfer tax, and there are no stamp duties
  • no requirement to audit accounts as turnover in the holding company will be less than £5.6 million and has less than 50 employees
  • nominee directors allowed, single director also allowed
  • compared to other offshore jurisdictions IoM is cheap
  • he has existing assets inside other IoM Holding companies
There is no disadvantage to Everton at all in him holding his interest in Everton in an IoM company.
Sure you only did this to see if I was paying attention mate.
An Isle of Man company incorporated under the 2006 Act (the type most commonly used for asset holding) have no requirement for an audit whatsoever unless they are listed on an exchange. Accounting records must be kept sufficient to prepare financial statements, but unless called for by shareholder(s) or director(s) financial statements needn't be prepared.
1931 to 2004 Companies have audit requirements similar to the UK that you mention, but it is unlikely that this kind has been used.If it had it would require multiple directors and shareholders.
Standard rate company tax in the IoM is 0% except for certain prescribed businesses, a realised capital gain would come under this regime, not CGT. (Won't go in to the 0/10 tax regime and the EU not being terribly enamoured of it.)
I would also guess that the vehicle is held by a discretionary or family trust,(Mr Moshiri being the only specifically named beneficiary probably) as I believe there is Inheritance Tax in Monaco, albeit at lower rates than the UK.
But I could be talking bubbles....

When you say there's a lot of edgy people mate, I would say there's about 5 people who are edgy.

Let's see where we stand in the summer eh, more pressing options at the moment like a cup up for grabs, points to be won, top striker probably swanning off and a manager who most fans are not happy with.

Moshiri is certainly down on my list of priorities until the end of the season and I should imagine most fans feel the same.

Well said, Mac.

Crazy the way people are already finding fault with the new fellow before he even has his feet under the table.

Especially with so much football to be played over the next four weeks.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back