Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
Purely speculative, but what sort of conditions would you think that would look like?

With no knowledge of what they are, I'd guess at (i) Moshiri investing whatever amount he has previously agreed to invest in the club (that may be staged depending upon stadium progress (ii) defined progress towards a new stadium or redeveloped Goodison.

Just think that we need to shed this sudden appearance of 'entitlement' from the certain few.

Making wild statements both that Moshiri needs to do this. Moshiri needs to do that.

The word 'ambition' used all over the show.

The attitude of some of our fanbase stinks at the moment.

Instead of thinking about the long term. They only think about the short. If we don't spend £150million in the summer. We aren't showing ambition.

RUBBISH.

If we spend £150million on rubbish - that is not ambition. Its quality not quantity of spending that is important.

Twitter doesn't help on these things.

I agree.

You're one of the ones who I would characterise with 'Aston Villa thinking'

Its like reading Villa Talk in 2006 at times on here at the moment.

People need to calm down.

Spending £50 million on turbo gash is not going to help EFC win things.

Actually Damo im 1 of the 1s telling people we wont be spending 150m and letting them know we wont be bidding for Pogba this Summer.

Im fully aware of how clubs operate, I study everything.

Please dont imply im 1 of them, im not 1 of them, im THE One.

With no knowledge of what they are, I'd guess at (i) Moshiri investing whatever amount he has previously agreed to invest in the club (that may be staged depending upon stadium progress (ii) defined progress towards a new stadium or redeveloped Goodison.

Cheers mate. All positive, makes a nice change!

Actually Damo im 1 of the 1s telling people we wont be spending 150m and letting them know we wont be bidding for Pogba this Summer.

Im fully aware of how clubs operate, I study everything.

Please dont imply im 1 of them, im not 1 of them, im THE One.

Yeah 'the big one'

It just frustrates me Goat.

Some of the shouts I've seen on here since the weekend. Unreal.

Some need to get in the real world. If EFC go and spend £200 million and we buy absolute rubbish and pay them top dollar wages. But they don't put the effort in. Who's more the fool then?

The fool will be the person who agreed to that spending.

Ambition is actually ensuring you win stuff.

Ambition is not spending lots and not winning anything.

Moshiri has to balance both sides. Ensuring he provides for the manager to make quality signings. That is step one. Overspending is what he also needs to manage.

Yeah 'the big one'

Some need to get in the real world. If EFC go and spend £200 million and we buy absolute rubbish and pay them top dollar wages. But they don't put the effort in. Who's more the fool then?

Moshiri has to balance both sides. Ensuring he provides for the manager to make quality signings. That is step one. Overspending is what he also needs to manage.

The man hasnt got where he is by wasting money on overpriced materials.

He will grow the business first, build a stadia and utilise that money well.

I assume this based on the fact that hes a VERY successful businessman who knows how to grow acorns into trees, trees need time to grow, Rome wasnt built in a day Damo.

Yeah 'the big one'

Don't think you need to worry on that score mate.

The man hasnt got where he is by wasting money on overpriced materials.

He will grow the business first, build a stadia and utilise that money well.

I assume this based on the fact that hes a VERY successful businessman who knows how to grow acorns into trees, trees need time to grow, Rome wasnt built in a day Damo.

Yes but our fanbase or certain members

needs to take their 'entitlement' specs off and re-evaluate their expectations.

Like I said. EFC is about the long term. Not the short.

Martinez would probably spend the 150m on rubbish tho. His best signings were, and still are, our initial loan signings.

Since his superb start we've had mcgeady, alcaraz, niasse, leandro, cleverley, atsu, etoo.....

Yes but our fanbase or certain members

needs to take their 'entitlement' specs off and re-evaluate their expectations.

Like I said. EFC is about the long term. Not the short.

You shouldnt really pay the, hmmm, lets go with "Lesser aspect" of our fanbase no nevermind, they still think the Earth is round.

Only worry about what the people who know what they are talking about, I dont mean me, I mean the people like Mr Esk and that other chap Mr hibbosclass, they both know what they are talking about and explain it in moron speak for people like you and me Damo.

Martinez would probably spend the 150m on rubbish tho. His best signings were, and still are, our initial loan signings.

Since his superb start we've had mcgeady, alcaraz, niasse, leandro, cleverley, atsu, etoo.....

Conveniently missed off McCarthy, Lukaku and Barry from that prism you're looking through.

Also Atsu. 2015 African Nations player of the tournament.

Just didn't fit our style or our leagues style here.

Also too early to comment on Naisse.

But still. £150 million spending in one go would be stupid anyway and I doubt Moshiri would sanction it as he's not stupid.

You shouldnt really pay the, hmmm, lets go with "Lesser aspect" of our fanbase no nevermind, they still think the Earth is round.

Only worry about what the people who know what they are talking about, I dont mean me, I mean the people like Mr Esk and that other chap Mr hibbosclass, they both know what they are talking about and explain it in moron speak for people like you and me Damo.

Erm mate. You do realise I speak Esk - don't you?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back