Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
Sensible yes to an extent. Prudent and risk averse no. That will get us nowhere. That attitude releases people like eric dier on free transfers, signs straqualursis, and results in mediocrity being heralded
This is starting to annoy me now. Eric dier was on loan. He was never our player. We wanted to keep him, but he knew he was never getting a game at centre half in the prem at 18, so decided to go back to Lisbon. Not the Lisbon, I should add.

Mate I know what they mean ffs lol. Why do you think I used them together!

I'd rather we went for it and failed. Both on the pitch and off it. Just like I hated us losing with a whimper on Sunday, I'd hate it if we continued to turn down slight risks and accept second best due to caution.

I'd rather we just made one or two or three quality signings each year.

Thats 6 over two years or 9 over three. Thats almost an entire team bought every three years.

I think that is realistic.

It allows you to build up the quality over that 3 year period to really challenge. It also spreads the risk over the three year period.

Quality over quantity. Each summer.

Its NFL like in terms of approach also.

This is starting to annoy me now. Eric dier was on loan. He was never our player. We wanted to keep him, but he knew he was never getting a game at centre half in the prem at 18, so decided to go back to Lisbon. Not the Lisbon, I should add.

Any ambitious club and manager does everything in their power to keep him. The kid came to our academy. As if we had no chance of keeping him.

We cocked up.

Any ambitious club and manager does everything in their power to keep him. The kid came to our academy. As if we had no chance of keeping him.

We cocked up.

Lisbon wanted a mega fee. That the club. AT THE TIME. Could not afford.

If it were now. The situation would be different.

I'd rather we just made one or two or three quality signings each year.

Thats 6 over two years or 9 over three. Thats almost an entire team bought every three years.

I think that is realistic.

It allows you to build up the quality over that 3 year period to really challenge. It also spreads the risk over the three year period.

Quality over quantity. Each summer.

Its NFL like in terms of approach also.

Absolutely mate. But you do know that 150m gets you about 4/5 top players these days?

Absolutely mate. But you do know that 150m gets you about 4/5 top players these days?

Mate. If you are Manchester United. It gets you three mediocre players.

Its about the quality of the player individually and the club's ability to get him.

i.e. scouting. negotiation. acqusition.

To try and put market valuations on 'quality' is at odds with reality.

q.v. LEICESTER CITY.

Total spend £25 million.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back