Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
And we'd heard most of the rest from @The Esk

The underlying message seemed to be "we've got nowhere with the Club for years, er, going to be hard with Elstone still about, er, watch this space for more funny pictures of stadiums with a jarg Burj Al Arab hotel attached"

Sound.

I look at KEIOC and BU (both piping up in the past 7 days) plus others... and it looks like the SNP and/or UKIP after the Scottish / European referendum 'no' votes

and them attempting a rebrand trying to appear relevant.

The problem I have with it is they're just playing at understanding it (the business) as opposed to actually understanding it as @MoutsGoat said.

Whereas there are some who do actually understand it. @The Esk and @Neiler

I don't like the 'entitlement'. I don't like the attitude. I don't like the self promotion of these groups.

BU in particular piped up with some ridiculous comments on twitter. The entitled few shoudn't be making unreasonable demands. Not at this stage.

Protests should only happen when there is something legitimate to protest about.

Or they're just the boy who cried wolf.

Certainly I would not consider either groups as 'joinable' as they're not like other supporters associations. Like EDSA or local associations. Who don't go protesting at the drop of a hat.

Moshiri hasn't done an interview in 3 weeks
Protest!

Moshiri hasn't built a 100,000 capacity stadium in 3 weeks
Protest!

Moshiri hasn't given supporters free ale at Goodison
Protest!

Moshiri hasn't spent a zillion pounds on players
Protest!

Etc etc etc

I look at KEIOC and BU (both piping up in the past 7 days) plus others... and it looks like the SNP and/or UKIP after the Scottish / European referendum 'no' votes

The problem I have with it is they're just playing at understanding it (the business) as opposed to actually understanding it as @MoutsGoat said.

I don't like the 'entitlement'. I don't like the attitude. I don't like the self promotion of these groups.

BU in particular piped up with some ridiculous comments on twitter. The entitled few shoudn't be making unreasonable demands. Not at this stage.

Protests should only happen when there is something legitimate to protest about.

Certainly I would not consider either groups as 'joinable' as they're not like other supporters associations. Like EDSA or local associations. Who don't go protesting at the drop of a hat.

Protest!

Protest!

Protest!

Protest!

Etc etc etc

Quite possibly your most sensible post in recent weeks

Protest!

Protest!

Protest!

Protest!

Etc etc etc

100% agree Damo.

BU in microcosm -

'We've done so much to get the Twenty's Plenty campaign implemented, we should take a lot of the credit'.

It's been capped at £30 - a whole 50% more than their target. That's not a compromise. If Apollo 13 was 50% off target we'd have been watching Tom Hanks getting his ass to Mars.

Bring out the clown with the cake lads

100% agree Damo.

BU in microcosm -

'We've done so much to get the Twenty's Plenty campaign implemented, we should take a lot of the credit'.

It's been capped at £30 - a whole 50% more than their target. That's not a compromise. If Apollo 13 was 50% off target we'd have been watching Tom Hanks getting his ass to Mars.

So first it's they don't get any credit for that at all it was The FSF not the BU, now it's THEY didn't even reach THEIR target!?!? Again as you're criticising it I presume you're happy to pay full price away next season?

Also the post you have quoted is almost 100% full of rubbish as well.

There issue is with Kenwright & Elstone not Moshiri, hence why they were very happy when they found the option documents!!

The reaction to the BU etc on here at times is laughable. At least have a little look first before criticising them

100% agree Damo.

BU in microcosm -

That would have made for a better film, and also more successful space exploration

Protest!

Protest!

Protest!

Protest!

Etc etc etc
Agree 100% with this

Sounds like they're seeking to create a relevance for themselves before such times that the ground move plans are made public. This will no doubt involve them rolling out their uncosted redeveloped Goodison plans yet again and declaring all other options as being sub standard with batman lights.

Meh.

Wow, give him a chance ffs

Don't get me wrong I think he'll be a good owner in terms of sorting out the stadium and possibly giving the manager increased funds to spend (don't buy that we'll be minted however) but he's obviously seen our results over the past 18 months now and if he thinks that's acceptable then he's not the ambitious owner we need to push us forward.

Don't get me wrong I think he'll be a good owner in terms of sorting out the stadium and possibly giving the manager increased funds to spend (don't buy that we'll be minted however) but he's obviously seen our results over the past 18 months now and if he thinks that's acceptable then he's not the ambitious owner we need to push us forward.
How long has he been here? He was hardly going to come in and sack the manager right away was he?

So you expected him to buy his share (he's not a majority owner yet) and then instantly try to impose a decision whereby the manager is sacked?

Taking away the Blue-tintend glasses and fan sentiment, that would be on par with ownership suicide. It would set a terrible precedent.

The press would have a bloody field day and the last strands of the old owners, who still have influence, would think they've sold to a despot.

Then there's the whole aspect of what it would suggest to any future managers whereby instant, non-thought decisions are made.

We simply do not yet know what he believes to be acceptable, and to be fair nor we do know any of his opinions on future plans etc.

I'm sure there's talk behind the scenes regarding what our targets are and what is/is not acceptable. I expect we'll see more in the coming months.

The best thing for Moshiri is for it to be seen that BK fires Roberto and appoints his successor. It buys him time and plausible deniability. When, not if, we end the season potless this is exactly what I expect to happen. In parallel I'd expect we'll see much more of Moshiri talking about the new stadium plans.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back