Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
If we fail to win the Cup then we become far less attractive to potential managers and players. I think Mr Moshiri is taking an awful gamble by not replacing Martinez with someone who will at least be happy to win

If we fail to win the Cup then we become far less attractive to potential managers and players. I think Mr Moshiri is taking an awful gamble by not replacing Martinez with someone who will at least be happy to win
I think league performance gives a better indicator of whether or not a club is worth joining for players. That's ship has sailed this season.

For managers, an underperforming squad with the promise of big investment has got to be pretty attractive. We're good on that front.

if we go out on saturday at least we will have a new manager and funds in the summer to look forward to, transfer thread will be a right laugh

a new dawn or whatever

Yeah we'll actually be able to believe we're linked with some of the best players knowing there's every chance we'll be signing them. Even City had to build slowly to get where they are but seen as we've never had a pot to pee in, this is going to be a ride. :)

If the board required an emergency meeting they'd do what every other board does up and down the country and arrange a conference call.

Imagine it.
"It,s my club and I say he stays"
"Bill, surely you can see that this situation is unsustainable and I did make you a very rich old man"
"Your, not taking away my last chance of silverware before you take over"
"but what about the fans, the players, the brand"
"It,s mine I tell you mineEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
"oK Bill, let it play out and then you can take your old train set home"

Imagine it.
"It,s my club and I say he stays"
"Bill, surely you can see that this situation is unsustainable and I did make you a very rich old man"
"Your, not taking away my last chance of silverware before you take over"
"but what about the fans, the players, the brand"
"It,s mine I tell you mineEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
"oK Bill, let it play out and then you can take your old train set home"

More likely:

Bill "Evening lads, looking forward to Saturday"
Jon and Robert "Yes Bill"
Alexander '" Bill, I'd like to remind you that under clause 6.1 of the shareholder agreement Farhad has complete autonomy over senior executive appointments including the first team manager"
Bill "Well, I still think we should discuss it"
Alexander "Sorry Bill, Farhad is in control here and once we've agreed with our preferred candidate, we'll be letting Roberto go. See you Saturday"

And if we win? They are to be applauded for holding fire?
It's a big, flukey "if" right now though, isn't it? I agree with the sentiment, it's a tough one to pin to the board, for either positive or negative, but still...

I suppose that'd be a reason they're keeping him - we've performed well in the cups with him, he's a "cup manager" himself, having won it before - but it still shouldn't mean that he should be our manager next season imo. In the same sense that one swallow doesn't make a summer, one cup doesn't make a manager great. There's plenty others who have been there with MUCH weaker squads, while still managing to keep their teams midtable (and even Moyes managed it once, and we didn't finish bottom half, did we? 5th or 6th wasn't it?), and there's been many others who focused solely on the cups because their teams were in free fall (Martinez being one, and he won it and got relegated, and he's sort of repeating that right now).

Fact is, atmosphere is toxic, there's a general feeling of "we're not arsed" in our fanbase right now, and even if we win it (and we're quite a few big steps away) - he shouldn't be the manager, simple as.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back