Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
They don't come any bigger a statement. Just as exciting as Jose would be the promise of support Mr Moshiri will have promised him to get him here.
Even if there are (understandable) grumblings of "he's the ultimate chequebook manager" - well, we've got a new cheque book now.

Even if there are (understandable) grumblings of "he's the ultimate chequebook manager" - well, we've got a new cheque book now.
Sometimes I wonder why people argue that. As if they are talking about their own money or something.
It's a long shot yes. But it will bring hope to a supporter base again.

Sometimes I wonder why people argue that. As if they are talking about their own money or something.
It's a long shot yes. But it will bring hope to a supporter base again.
I think the basis of the criticism is that he gives little attention to youth, and prefers to buy talent.

Legitimate concern if I'm honest, but seeing as we have a great youth set-up with the great work done by the great Kevin Sheedy and also David Unsworth, I feel he'd not be able to ignore our youth. Also, perhaps where he has been previously, youth has not been a viable option - that may be the reason for him not to utilise youth set up elsewhere?

Do Chelsea have a good academy? Or rather did they when he went there in 2004? Do Real Madrid have a good academy, or did they encourage him to buy "Galactico" style players, therefore negating his need to go for youth when necessary?

Also, the other hot favourite we have is Manuel Pellegrini, and he's hardly known for using youngsters ether, yet this criticism isn't levelled at him.

I think the basis of the criticism is that he gives little attention to youth, and prefers to buy talent.

Legitimate concern if I'm honest, but seeing as we have a great youth set-up with the great work done by the great Kevin Sheedy and also David Unsworth, I feel he'd not be able to ignore our youth. Also, perhaps where he has been previously, youth has not been a viable option - that may be the reason for him not to utilise youth set up elsewhere?

Do Chelsea have a good academy? Or rather did they when he went there in 2004? Do Real Madrid have a good academy, or did they encourage him to buy "Galactico" style players, therefore negating his need to go for youth when necessary?

Also, the other hot favourite we have is Manuel Pellegrini, and he's hardly known for using youngsters ether, yet this criticism isn't levelled at him.
I wouldn't go Pellegrini. Maybe ten years ago. Jose or a younger gun for me with a mandate for building a legacy.

Spoke to my mate who is a Utd fan he is getting worried about Utd potentially giving LVG another season and telling mourinho to wait another season. He said not many managers would accept this, even more so when you consider someone like mourinho. I asked if he thought we could get mourinho coming here for a season? Unlikely was his reply, but if he did, he said he'd love the passion of the Everton fans and would really feed off that. He said he didn't think it was a foregone conclusion that he'd leave us after a year, as he'd love being at Everton. All hearsay and probably two mates talking rubbish, but cheered me up anyway. Now back to reality....O'Neill, Hughes etc. etc.

Chelsea have the best academy in the world by some distance.

Chelsea have the best academy in the world by some distance.
Ok, but still there's no guarantee that he'll ignore our academy.

For a start, he hit the ground running at Chelsea, they'd had cash for a while before he got there. Moshiri's spending this summer will be the first he's forked out, so any new manager will have their hand forced a little by having to blend new signings with youth. After that he may see that it's worth utilising youth.

There is of course the risk that a leopard never changes it's spots, but I'd personally like to see what he could achieve here.

I cannot recall a time in the clubs history apart from Gregg vs Kenwright when there has been so much mixed messaging and dissent eminating from within and outside of the club.

It feels to me at least that the old guard headed up by bill is in a spiteful mood "sod them..no one,s telling me what to do, promises have been made and I intend to keep them" and Moshiri whom is running silent and using a different playbook to the old guard. I would not be surprised if Kenwrights crew are attempting to run disruptive story's via there long established media contacts whilst Moshiri keeps his cool.

As I said it feels like Moshiri vs Kenwright situation which will not be resolved till Moshiri purchases more shares(June?). Until then IMHO we as fans have to get behind Moshiri and support him and if required counter balance the push from the old guard through active and peaceful protests.

@Bruce Wayne and I applied for it once, unbeknown to each other at the time.

Tell you what though, Jose would be quite the statement of intent.

Clearly Bruce would have been your assistant however.

I cannot recall a time in the clubs history apart from Gregg vs Kenwright when there has been so much mixed messaging and dissent eminating from within and outside of the club.

It feels to me at least that the old guard headed up by bill is in a spiteful mood "sod them..no one,s telling me what to do, promises have been made and I intend to keep them" and Moshiri whom is running silent and using a different playbook to the old guard. I would not be surprised if Kenwrights crew are attempting to run disruptive story's via there long established media contacts whilst Moshiri keeps his cool.

As I said it feels like Moshiri vs Kenwright situation which will not be resolved till Moshiri purchases more shares(June?). Until then IMHO we as fans have to get behind Moshiri and support him and if required counter balance the push from the old guard through active and peaceful protests.

I don't get any of that feeling from the club. ESK has also told you time and time again who is in charge now at the club.

People expecting Moshiri to be all over the media.

GET REAL.

He doesn't need to and shouldn't. Things are often best done in private.

Lose lips sink ships.

As I said it feels like Moshiri vs Kenwright situation which will not be resolved till Moshiri purchases more shares(June?). Until then IMHO we as fans have to get behind Moshiri and support him and if required counter balance the push from the old guard through active and peaceful protests.[/QUOTE but how can they expect us to get behind them ? They keep quiet about most things to us fans and we deserve a lot better by keeping quiet about Martinez they're winding us fans up ! Instead of telling us they're keeping quiet to avoid a situation but they're making the situation a lot worse

but how can they expect us to get behind them ? They keep quiet about most things to us fans and we deserve a lot better by keeping quiet about Martinez they're winding us fans up ! Instead of telling us they're keeping quiet to avoid a situation but they're making the situation a lot worse

Do you really want to see the club have the

negative media and

costs

of an employment tribunal ?

Because that is what you and others unreasonable demands will cause the way you are going.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back