Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters
Do you really want to see the club have the

negative media and

costs

of an employment tribunal ?

Because that is what you and others unreasonable demands will cause the way you are going.

Save our Threads
Lid lad...negative media have you seen the negative media all this season, planes, protests, results, etctec.
Uni should be 7 days a week for some.

Ok, but still there's no guarantee that he'll ignore our academy.

For a start, he hit the ground running at Chelsea, they'd had cash for a while before he got there. Moshiri's spending this summer will be the first he's forked out, so any new manager will have their hand forced a little by having to blend new signings with youth. After that he may see that it's worth utilising youth.

There is of course the risk that a leopard never changes it's spots, but I'd personally like to see what he could achieve here.

Mate no one who manages the likes of the modern day City/Chelsea, Real, Barca etc really gives the kids a chance nowadays, the only way they normall get a chance these days is in a case of a massive injury crisis like United recently etc.

Clubs that demand instant success just won't take the risk of blooding young players unless they are an excpetional prodigy - and when a half bad season can cost the manager his job at teams like Chelsea and Madrid - then who can really blame the managers, a team like 'us' hate using that phrase, will even with substantial money pumped into us by Moshiri still have a bit of wiggle room as we won't be expecting zero to 100mph straight away, maybe things like that are a good selling point, we actually will give a manager a bit of time to actually mould his team...

Begrudgingly have to say that the rs appointing Klopp and basically saying that this season was a write off in terms of expectations has done that manager a massive favour, allowed him to experiment and try some young players and without the instant result pressure actually allowed them to start progresing and 2 cup finals to show for what was basically a 'learning season' - bizarrely a big benefit he has reaped from them being terrible for a number of years - one aside - so that the fan expectation has dropped away sufficeintly to give him time.

For what it is worth - i honestly think that should we manage to get a Mourinho/Pelligrini type in then they will not ignore the academy, should we suddenly start to win things though and be at the top table so to speak then in the future the academy will go the way of the other teams in that bracket and just be a loan machine which makes money for the club in sell ons with the very rare player coming through

Everton: "Jose, got a vacancy coming up, you interested?"

Jose: "hahahaha"

Everton "We've got some of the best young talents in the league though, Stones, remember him, Barkley, Lukaku, Coleman, oh, and you've got 200m to spend in the summer."

Jose "maybe I was a little hasty, Stones and Barkley you say, tell me more about this Boy's Pen Bill, sell it to me..."

Everton "We've got some of the best young talents in the league though, Stones, remember him, Barkley, Lukaku, Coleman, oh, and you've got 200m to spend in the summer."

Jose "maybe I was a little hasty, Stones and Barkley you say, tell me more about this Boy's Pen Bill, sell it to me..."
More like "Coleman you say?....hahahaha"

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back