Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,284 92.3%

• Total voters

Sorry mate yeah thanks for correcting me Connor lad

No worries mate, don't want you turning up on Saturday to protest by yourself.

Chelsea sacked AVB relatively out of the blue on the bus home from a game once. It's got absolutely nothing to do with legal issues.

I do wish they'd actually announce it tho.

Jeez, such a Chelsea thing to do that.

No remorse.

I feel embarrassed to see everybody building their hopes up of Everton FC recruiting Jose Mourinho as their manager... Have you all gone mad?

Why on earth would he come here when he could take on any of the biggest/successful clubs in the world? Regardless of how we feel things are about to change for us with this new investment, dream on!

Edit: I also feel embarrassed to have my name as 'Bobbys shoe polish'. So I can empathise

I understand your scepticism, mate, but Mourinho coming to Everton might not be as unlikely as you think. Although Mourinho was successful in Spain and Italy he didn't have a good relationship with the press in either country and felt unappreciated, so I'd be surprised if he went back there. The press in England love him and, by all accounts, he'd prefer to stay in England. He could go to PSG, but that's a step down in standard of league and there are no top jobs available in Germany.

IF Man U decide to stick with Van Gaal or some on their board don't want Mourinho, and IF Mourinho really does want to stay in England, where else but Everton could he go? All the bigger jobs are taken and Everton are a very attractive proposition for any manager. If he came to Everton he would have a lot of money to spend and the right set up to build a legacy.

He's also had good things to say about Everton in the past, so appears to have a soft spot for us and has made no secret of the fact that he hates Liverpool. If he went to Man U and won a couple of PL titles and a Champions League he'd be a hero, but their self-entitled fans would expect nothing less and he'd always be compared to Ferguson. If he came to Everton and won just one PL title, he'd be an absolute legend. I can see that appealing to his massive ego.

In all likelihood, he will end up at Man U, but it's not beyond the realms of possibility for him to come to Everton.

I really doubt that it is legal issues that are holding up his departure. I'm pretty sure terms have been agreed and that will include managing to the end of the season, no public disclosure until season end, and an agreed compensation package.

But that would be more like the legal undertakings all clubs have made with the LMA and if it were a player the PFA.

There's a way of doing things is what I'm saying Esk.

Said it months ago - Moshiri is a game changer and Mourinho is in a very unique situation. It really isn't as far-fetched as some may think; it'll take time for Evertonians to adjust their mindsets, but we're really not in the same boat now.

Martinez has corrupted you

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back