Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
It's now August 4th and we've signed a £7m player from a relegated side and a sub keeper from the Championship.

I can at least see why that conclusion is being made tbh.

WE've tried to sign several others. We've doubled Koeman's wages and paid the compensation. We haven't buckled to City and Chelsea's mega-million offers for Stones and Lukaku.

The conclusion is only made by perennial malcontents. And kopites.

WE've tried to sign several others. We've doubled Koeman's wages and paid the compensation. We haven't buckled to City and Chelsea's mega-million offers for Stones and Lukaku.

The conclusion is only made by perennial malcontents. And kopites.

No evidence.

Until we sign players of significance and have a very healthy net spend, Moshiri is open to criticism. To ignore the very obvious fact that he's done next to nothing thus far is to have the blinders on like loads did with Martinez.

No evidence.

Until we sign players of significance and have a very healthy net spend, Moshiri is open to criticism. To ignore the very obvious fact that he's done next to nothing thus far is to have the blinders on like loads did with Martinez.

No evidence, like the owners and managers of other teams SAYING we have bid for them? Like Williams. Like Witsel.

If they'd gone higher we might have done. Also it doesn't really matter, if the allegation he was here to asset strip had any foundation then they'd have been sold by now.

Nah, hold out till late in the window and milk as much as possible. For example, how Chelsea upped their bid over and over again for Stones. Money flies the longer you wait.

For the record, I don't think he's asset stripping - I just think he isn't what he said he is, or what we all hoped he'd be. Rather fittingly, I think he's a "mid-table" owner.

Of course nobody is naive enough to think he's in it to make a loss but I'd rather he had the club's best interests at heart rather than rinse us dry.
Can I see the washing ? It's all getting rather silly. How long have you been supporting us ? We now have an owner with money and ambition and you're moaning after he's been here a few months. I really do despair sometimes. Anyway

giphy.gif

I'm just frustrated at what I see as much less activity than I expected. I expected at least 1 marquee signing.

I think it's perfectly understandable lots of us are a bit worried. And it's understandable that lots are getting impatient. We're 1 week away.
I think the word "impatient" sums up how a lot are feeling. I'm not angry, or fuming but I'm definitely impatient. Just want us to compete again and to do that we need more quality at the earliest opportunity.

Time will tell....as even if he is the saviour of the club , it will take a longer period than one transfer window to turn around 20 years of mire. To be fair to those who are alarmed at our inactivity , if there was no Morishi and we had only signed a relegated outfield player and a backup keeper, we desperately trying to hang on to two of our stars while being linked with all kinds of fantasy names with only a week to go till the season started....we would be reforming the the lynch mobs for BK.

I think the word "impatient" sums up how a lot are feeling. I'm not angry, or fuming but I'm definitely impatient. Just want us to compete again and to do that we need more quality at the earliest opportunity.

My overriding feeling is disappointment. I did genuinely think this guy meant business and we'd be going into August looking a real threat.

Instead, we're now facing, at best, a mediocre start to the season due to a very obvious squad imbalance that hasn't been addressed, when we were led to believe we had the funds to do so.

My biggest hope at this point is actually Koeman, in that he hasn't resigned, which is what I'd expect him to do very quickly if Moshiri was a massive fraud.

It's simple. I hope so so flipping much that this guy is the owner that we need to compete and that Everton as a club deserve. I hope this so much.

But I've grew up with nothing but failure and a club rotting to death in lack of ambition and mediocrity. Until we get tangible proof he's got huge plans then I will always have that lingering doubt. All I need is one big name signing, one moment that makes me step back and think Wow. And once that happens, if that happens, without wanting to go all back to the 60's, I'll be a believer.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back