Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
I think the word "impatient" sums up how a lot are feeling. I'm not angry, or fuming but I'm definitely impatient. Just want us to compete again and to do that we need more quality at the earliest opportunity.

You are impatient, I am a bit surprised. We all have different emotions about this.

I am surprised as I fully expected the squad to be improved so we could hit the ground running.

For everybody saying the window has a month to run still, the season starts next week, not when the window shuts.

That said, we will improve a few per cent just by having a proper manager in place and being organised.

Moshiri's actions:

Sacked Martinez
Brought in Sasha
Bullied Southampton
Got Koeman
Got Walsh
Renovating Goodison
Discussions with the council about the stadium.

Sticky this Mods ffs.

Deja Vu in here, all day.

Those actions are ace, ace.

Really fills me with excitement.

Jesus wept.

Listen you stressy little dope I've followed us all around the country so don't question my commitment or how long I've been supporting us. I went to Goodison before I went to school.

I'll still be here once Moshiri's got bored of his train set too.
thafcat.gif

Moshiri is the man supposedly calling the shots.

All I can say is that by enlarge he is firing blanks.

Time for him to pull his finger out or else he can bugger off back to London.

I'm starting to get the impression he is more of a silent partner whilst Bill gets to carry on playing Mr Billy Big Balls.

This summer smacks of the kenwright regime.

Those actions are ace, ace.

Really fills me with excitement.

Jesus wept.

Those things, if you are a long standing fan of this club, are absolutely ace and then some.

If not, and you would rather hear about a link to an expensive foreign sounding player or having their signature for the sake of it above building for the future, then we are in this very differently. Honestly, I don't think you add anything to any of these discussions other than negativity and your agenda. I would give you warning if I was a mod. If you were able to argue as to why you felt the way you do then you would be welcome. But it's not like that.

Building things properly takes time.

This is true in literally everything. You can go in and throw things at the wall and hope you hit a brilliant idea. That certainly can work...but it also can break a company quite easily. Fools rush in.

The correct way to grow anything, or build anything, or to modernize things is to do it patiently. You must assess, roadmap, reassess, tweak the roadmap, and reassess all before moving. It seems this is Moshiri's M.O. so far if he is what we want. I for one won't write someone off over a single summer when the goal is to completely overhaul the football club.

We haven't been good enough at anything in 30 years. It's not just a playing overhaul required, but a complete refactor of how Everton works. It requires a lot of time, effort, and planning before you can actually act on that or you risk simply entangling the club in a different set of problems. I, obviously, am about as far from ITK as possible. However, if we choose to be optimistic, then there is still no reason to pass any judgement at all. I'd go as far as to say that this transfer window, while certainly important from a public relations standpoint, does not need to be a vital juncture in the ownerships vision.

The reasons I am optimistic are as follows:
Positive noises about a stadium move from multiple source
People closer to the situation talking of debt being paid off
Bringing in Koeman and Walsh...indicating a removal of the all-powerful manager system
Renovating Goodison to improve it's aesthetic appeal

You can see negatives all over the shop. But it is way, way, way too early to pass judgement on this ownership group. The signs are still very encouraging.

35 years a fan my American friend.

This guy was trumpeted as our financial muscle.
No longer would Everton be out muscled financially.

Come on then let's see it.

There is my argument.
Please counter if you can.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back