Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Farhad Moshiri

7+ Years On... Your Verdict On Farhad Moshiri

• Pleased

Votes: 107 7.7%
  • Disappointed

Votes: 1,290 92.3%

• Total voters
If the purse strings don't open and we make a poor start to the season I think the board will find out exactly what a whinging fan base is like.

Don't expect Mr Koeman to stick around for long either.

The club should be riding on a crest of a wave right now but these apparent failings in the transfer market are really starting to deflate the feeling.

35 years a fan my American friend.

This guy was trumpeted as our financial muscle.
No longer would Everton be out muscled financially.

Come on then let's see it.

There is my argument.
Please counter if you can.

The counter is that you are acting like Veruca Salt. You want it all now. It doesn't work like that. What he has done is rolled out the first very important steps. He will have a massive plan but can only execute each phase one by one. You can't say he has come in and hasn't delivered, he has only just begun. It's totally unfair and completely unreasonably unrealistic.

The first reference to having a £100 million budget that I can find appeared in a paper on 28 February shortly after Moshiri arrived. It's as follows,
"While they are also keen to keep Romelu Lukaku, sources within the club suggest there is a sense of realism that he may force a move in the summer... and if that happens, Moshiri will commit a figure big enough to buy a world class replacement. That investment could amount to £100m eventually."
It's open to interpretation but may imply the, at the time, expected sale of Lukaku would generate funds that would bring the budget up to £100m. I hope it's not true but it would fit perfectly the scenario that has unfolded thus far. Targeting a manager and DOF who've been accustomed to the player trading model. Pursuing a marquee signing while negotiating hard on a more limited budget that would not tolerate the acquisition of 2 or more marquees without a sale first.

35 years a fan my American friend.

This guy was trumpeted as our financial muscle.
No longer would Everton be out muscled financially.

Come on then let's see it.

There is my argument.
Please counter if you can.

On which deal have we been "out muscled financially"?

Not a single one of our apparent or rumoured targets has yet turned us down due to the fee or wages offered. FACT.
Consider your argument countered.

The counter is that you are acting like Veruca Salt. You want it all now. It doesn't work like that. What he has done is rolled out the first very important steps. He will have a massive plan but can only execute each phase one by one. You can't say he has come in and hasn't delivered, he has only just begun. It's totally unfair and completely unreasonably unrealistic.

I agree his first actions in ridding us of Martinez and hiring Koeman was very positive and welcomed.

The squad needs quality additions for this season.

Why haven't they been secured?

You can all wait till 31 August if you like and I may be proved wrong but it's becoming clear that things aren't happening in terms of transfers for one reason or another.

We were advised that this week was going to be busy.
It hasn't happened.

If the purse strings don't open and we make a poor start to the season I think the board will find out exactly what a whinging fan base is like.

Don't expect Mr Koeman to stick around for long either.

The club should be riding on a crest of a wave right now but these apparent failings in the transfer market are really starting to deflate the feeling.

I don't think the purse strings have anything to do with this situation

Was listening to talkshoite before, some journo who was doing a round up of potential league contenders, said that he and fellow sports journos are scratching their heads at the reason of our lack of activity, given the fanfare arrival of Mosh ?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back