Votes: 37 42.5%
  • Pay no more than £10 million

Votes: 30 34.5%
  • Pay what is necessary to get him here

Votes: 10 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd pay the money for Fernandes. If 8 million is the price then I'd defo pay it. Anything over might be a bit to much for us.

How I see it is your getting a good talented young player who is only going to get better. Potentially he could be the best midfielder at the club. Only Arteta can match him in terms of vision and technique and he also has the physical attributes to go with it.

Don't get me wrong Pienaar and Osman are classy players but Fernandes has more natural ability and is nowhere near his prime at 21/22. He's not the finished article by any means but there's no doubting his talent. I'd say he needs to work a little harder but that will come when he adapts to the English game. Arteta was exactly the same when he came and now he works hard for the team. I'd also like to see him stamp his name on the game a bit more. But saying that alot of our players need to do that with Arteta alongside Fernandes being the biggest culprit.

He hasn't been as good as last time but once he settles I'm sure he'll show us what he's about. You just have to look at Yakubu, Pienaar and Jagielka. All players who struggled to make an impact in there first few games but are now three of the first names on the team sheet. Fernandes potentially has 20 games depending on how far we go in the Uefa cup to earn his move and I'm sure he will.

No one knows for sure that Fernandes will reach the levels of ability that many people are expecting of him, so to throw £8m + at something so uncertain would be financial suicide, who's to say that we haven't seen the best of him already ? I certainly hope that's not the case, but then again, i remember a certain Terry Curran ! But that's another stor.y

No one knows for sure that Fernandes will reach the levels of ability that many people are expecting of him, so to throw £8m + at something so uncertain would be financial suicide, who's to say that we haven't seen the best of him already ? I certainly hope that's not the case, but then again, i remember a certain Terry Curran ! But that's another stor.y

How I see it is Football is changing and we are improving so where sooner or later going to have to spend a little. Lets be honest 8 million is nothing in football terms nowadays.

Have we seen the best of him? Who knows but he was very good in his spell last season which shows he can be better than what he's showing now. If he shows the form of last season towards the end of this season then he'll improve us and will be one of our better midfielders.

Fernandes as a player tries things that I haven't seen since the 80s. Don't get me wrong Arteta is a class player but I have a feeling Fernandes will be better. The lad is one of the shining stars coming out of Portuguese Football and is also the Portugal under 21 captain which shows how highly rated he is. He seem in the same bracket as Nani and Anderson of Man utd which shows his quality. The lad just needs to stay at one club and nurture his talents. If he keeps moving around like he has done then he won't fulfill them.

How I see it is Football is changing and we are improving so where sooner or later going to have to spend a little. Lets be honest 8 million is nothing in football terms nowadays.

Have we seen the best of him? Who knows but he was very good in his spell last season which shows he can be better than what he's showing now. If he shows the form of last season towards the end of this season then he'll improve us and will be one of our better midfielders.

Fernandes as a player tries things that I haven't seen since the 80s. Don't get me wrong Arteta is a class player but I have a feeling Fernandes will be better. The lad is one of the shining stars coming out of Portuguese Football and is also the Portugal under 21 captain which shows how highly rated he is. He seem in the same bracket as Nani and Anderson of Man utd which shows his quality. The lad just needs to stay at one club and nurture his talents. If he keeps moving around like he has done then he won't fulfill them.

I hope you're right, after all, we all want the same, a world class player who loves playing for our club.But i still think DM will baulk at the prospect of splashing out anything upwards of £5m on a prospect.I hope the lad sets wth world alight while playing for us,but i'm remaining a pessimist on the outcome for now after seeing so many false dawns, but believe me, i'd love nothing more than to be proven wrong on this.

Oh, and a big welcome to the site.

I hope you're right, after all, we all want the same, a world class player who loves playing for our club.But i still think DM will baulk at the prospect of splashing out anything upwards of £5m on a prospect.I hope the lad sets wth world alight while playing for us,but i'm remaining a pessimist on the outcome for now after seeing so many false dawns, but believe me, i'd love nothing more than to be proven wrong on this.

Oh, and a big welcome to the site.

A prospect? I think he's a bit more than that. He's an accomplished Footballer who has played at the highest level. He hasn't got a bad CV at all. Playing in Champions League semi final at the age of 19 is a big achievement and he's won everything you can win in Portugal.

Certainly not what I'd call the finished article as he can still improve but I would call him more than a "talent" or a "prospect". Victor and Vaughany could be labeled that but not Manny.

Moyes was going to pay 12 million in the summer for him so I don't think he'd mind doing it this season depending on form. People are saying he's not an 6-8 million player but you just have to look around. The likes of Chopra, Barton, Koumas and Richardson are 5/6 million pound players whereas the likes of Parker and Reo-coker are 7/8 million pound players and I'd take Fernandes over any of them.

A prospect? I think he's a bit more than that. He's an accomplished Footballer who has played at the highest level. He hasn't got a bad CV at all. Playing in Champions League semi final at the age of 19 is a big achievement and he's won everything you can win in Portugal.

Certainly not what I'd call the finished article as he can still improve but I would call him more than a "talent" or a "prospect". Victor and Vaughany could be labeled that but not Manny.

Moyes was going to pay 12 million in the summer for him so I don't think he'd mind doing it this season depending on form. People are saying he's not an 6-8 million player but you just have to look around. The likes of Chopra, Barton, Koumas and Richardson are 5/6 million pound players whereas the likes of Parker and Reo-coker are 7/8 million pound players and I'd take Fernandes over any of them.

He still has a lot to prove, therefore he's a prospective world class player as far as i'm concerned, and the other major difference between Vaughan and Vic is that no one is asking for £12m for them.

because he is not worth what they paid for a guy who never lived up to his hype. I just hope Moyes can do his work on him because he wouldn't make my first team with everyone available

I see that you conveniently left out the part about how he and his manager had a past history and that Koeman wasn't gonna play him no matter what. Hard to live up to hype when you aren't playing.

All the facts next time please.

And spot on post Toxteth. Too many people want the finished article at 21 years old but only want to pay 3M for it.

...and I'd like a puppy, a lollipop, World Peace....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back