Votes: 37 42.5%
  • Pay no more than £10 million

Votes: 30 34.5%
  • Pay what is necessary to get him here

Votes: 10 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, Koeman played him a lot more. Relatively speaking. Fact is that he hardly played at all at Valencia for a variety of reasons that we can all speculate about until the cows come home. But their loss is our gain. They felt he was surplus to requirements and right now, we've got him on loan, presumably with some sort of option to buy.

I answered the poll the way it was asked.

With his performance based on only three matches, I can't say that anyone, myself included, could say he's shown himself to be worth 10M+. I'd say fitness is the main culprit there but if he's got a bit of an attitude adjustment coming which a few on here feel he needs, then Moyes is the man to make just such an adjustment.

...but then were not talking about having him for just three matches or just for the rest of his loan. We're talking potentially about a 5 year deal.

We just sold James McFadden to Birmingham for a reported 5.5MM.

Does anyone really think we'd be talking about a permanent move where Manny's concerned without figures in the 7M to 8M range being bandied about? If they do, they need to take another look at today's transfer market. A Portugal U21 who's already proven he can play in the Premier League.

Those are today's prices, like it or not.

So while you'd pay no more than 5M for him Monty, chances are if we don't cough up at least 8M, someone else will recognize his value, both now and future, and snap him up.

Valencia obviously paid over the top for him if 14M is in fact what they had to shell out. I'd wager they aren't going to recoup anywhere close to that number if they sell him, either to us or another club.

I keep hearing how Everton needs to keep getting world class players at every position and I don't disagree with that line of thinking. But if you want world class players OR potential world class type players, you're going to pay world class prices more often than not. Yeah but TX, why didn't Chelsea or ManU or Arsenal come in for him if he's that good?

Well why didn't any of those teams come in for Arteta, Cahill, Lescott, etc...??

Moyes has proven himself to be shrewd in the transfer market where Arteta, Cahill, Yobo, and Lescott are concerned. He'll show even more shrewdness (I'm guessing that's a word) when he ties up Pienaar to a long term deal.

If Moyes feels that Manny can do a job for us and fits into the Everton system, the rest assured, he'll pay what he feels is fair market value. If he thinks he'll have to pay more than that, then he won't. I wholeheartedly trust Moyes in the transfer market. He's got a proven track record.

Lastly, I really really feel this guy could be our next "Arteta" with his current skill level and potential to do even more as he matures as a player. If I'm proven wrong and he ends up being a bust, then I'll be the first to post on the official "I was wrong about Manny thread."

I think thats spot on to be honest. How I see it if we want to move in the right direction, improve the style of play and the performances then you buy players like Fernandes. At 21/22 he's already in my opinion, on his day one of the best midfielders at the club and is only going to get better.

Judging by alot of Everton sites I read what gets to me is the amount of Evertonians that don't want him to succeed. They'd rather see someone like Lee Carsley pass sideways and backwards all game and say he's played well whereas someone like Fernandes who tries the killer balls, skills etc is not good enough. Thats not me. Fernandes is a quality footballer and I want to see good footballers at my club.

People may laugh but I actually thought he had a decent game against Brann yet when I read all the sites he was being criticized which I thought was a bit unfair. I downloaded the game again on Bit torrent and I've got to admit I was shocked. He lost the ball three times in the whole game, bar maybe Yakubu and Osman he was our most composed player and he lucked one of the most likely to break Brann down. And that was an honest assessment on what I saw both watching it live and downloading it later that week.

People have gone on about his passing being poor but having looked at his stats on the Telegraph website there not to bad at all:

Chelsea: He made 43 passes completing 81%
Spurs: He made 41 passes completing 83%
Blackburn: He made 29 passes completing 67%
Reading: He made 16 passes completing 75%

I couldn't find the Brann stats but I'm pretty sure there not bad at all. If you look at his passing in those four games only the Blackburn game you could say he was consistently sloppy. Do we make more of a deal of it when a flair player looses the ball? I don't know but Fernandes's passing hasn't been as bad as people are making out.

I disagree with people who talk about his attitude on the pitch. He may not be the most hardworking player in the world but that doesn't mean he isn't interested. He just a laid back lad similar to Vic and Yakubu who also get stick because they don't run round like mad men showing aggression.

I really do think given time Fernandes will prove a hit. Once he gets settled and fitter I expect him to make a similar impact to last season and hopefully if the price is right it will become a permanent deal. Him and Pienaar for me are going to be a big part in us moving to the "next level" and at around 10 million for both it would be a good deal.

He's not one for me tbh but then again we've only seen him in shortish bursts so maybe a year long loan would work best for us and see how he plays over a period of time

• Sept. 2 vs. Almeria.....................Came in for Morientes at minute '90
  • Sept. 14 vs. Valladolid...........................Did not play (DNP)
    Wrong he played in a midfield 3
  • Sept. 18 vs. Schalke.........................DNP
  • Sept. 23 vs. Real Betis.....................Played 90 minutes
  • Sept. 26 vs. Getafe...........................DNP
    Came on as sub making 23 passes and fouling once
  • Sept. 20 vs. Rec. Huelva..................DNP
  • Oct. 3 vs. Chelsea.............................DNP
  • Oct. 6 vs. Espanyol...........................DNP
  • Oct. 20 vs. Deportiva la Coruna........DNP
  • Oct. 24 vs. Rosenborg......................DNP
  • Oct. 28 vs. Sevilla.............................DNP
  • Oct. 31 vs. Real Madrid......................DNP
    Was injured
  • Nov. 3 vs. Mallorca...........................Played 90 Minutes
  • Nov. 6 vs. Rosenborg.......................Played 90 Minutes
  • Nov. 10 vs. Real Murcia....................DNP
  • Nov. 25 vs. Racing Santander...........Came in for Joaquin at minute '68
    Ooh you almost got it right, unfortunately for you it was Joaquin on the bench and he replaced MF
  • Nov. 28 vs. Schalke.........................Came in for Morientes at minute '35
  • Dec. 2 vs. Athletic Bilbao...................Played 90 Minutes
  • Dec. 8 vs. Osasuna..........................DNP
  • Dec. 11 vs. Chelsea.........................Came in for Miguel at minute '64
  • Dec. 15 vs. Barcelona........................DNP
  • Dec. 19 vs. Real Union Irun..............(no statistics)
    Came on as sub

Well Halewood. Looks like if you had actually done the homework that you couldn't be arsed to do, you wouldn't have embarrassed yourself with your original post. The fact that he got a few starts under Koeman doesn't mean he wasn't in the shop window and the issues between the two were well known. However, he started the first two matches under Koeman (Koeman took over on Oct. 31st) and then subbed a few after that.

Manny could have played in 22 matches.
  • He played the full 90 minutes in 4 of them.
  • He subbed in off the bench in 4 of them.
  • He didn't figure at all in 14 of them (63% of all matches)

Next time you call someone out in a post, be damn sure that you know what the hell you're talking about. (n)

You do know Koeman didnt arrive till 31st Oct dont you Billy? Of course you do, because you would look silly quoting games as Koeman as manager before this date!
So in the Koeman games he played 7 out of 10 quoted and started 4 of them. So over half of the games he played some part in them and just under half he started.
Next time you call someone out in a post, be damn sure that you know what the hell you're talking about

At the moment I voted no more than £5m, based on performances now.

But remember Yaks first games for us - I wouldn't have paid more than £5m for him during those showings. Now £12m seems a snip for the goals and performances he's putting in.

I think it will be the same with Fernandes - get up to speed, settle in, and he'll be a star performer for us.

Let's vote again in a couple of months time.

You do know Koeman didnt arrive till 31st Oct dont you Billy? Of course you do, because you would look silly quoting games as Koeman as manager before this date!
So in the Koeman games he played 7 out of 10 quoted and started 4 of them. So over half of the games he played some part in them and just under half he started.
Next time you call someone out in a post, be damn sure that you know what the hell you're talking about

If you had bothered to read my post, it says "(Koeman didnt' arrive until Oct. 31st)".

Since you didn't bother to read the post, I can't be arsed to wonder if you read any of the rest of what I posted as well.

8 out of 22 matches is not "he played in half of the matches."

The statistics don't back you up so I can't help you there. But please, keep digging a hole. I'm starting to enjoy it.

It's what you're good at.

If you had bothered to read my post, it says "(Koeman didnt' arrive until Oct. 31st)".

Since you didn't bother to read the post, I can't be arsed to wonder if you read any of the rest of what I posted as well.

8 out of 22 matches is not "he played in half of the matches."

The statistics don't back you up so I can't help you there. But please, keep digging a hole. I'm starting to enjoy it.

It's what you're good at.

You listed 22 matches but koeman was only there for 10 of them, if you cant be bothered quoting the right stats then there is no hope for you. The stats perfectly back me. You made an incorrect statement and are now trying to worm your way out of it

Who gives a rat's ass that Koeman was only there for ten of them. The point of the post (man I'm getting tired of having to explain this to you...) was that Manny flat out didn't play for Valencia regardless of who the manager was.

Sure, he played a bit more under Koeman but you're trying to make it sound like he was a regular when it's clear to anyone with eyes, he wasn't. You don't ship out regulars when you're trying to win matches.

As it stands, I'm still waiting for your response to 8 in 22 matches. Bring it up with anyone. They'll tell you that 8 in 22 ISN'T regular playing time. If you think it is, then I can't help you there. Any reasonable person who follows the game will tell you it isn't.

You listed 22 matches but koeman was only there for 10 of them, if you cant be bothered quoting the right stats then there is no hope for you. The stats perfectly back me. You made an incorrect statement and are now trying to worm your way out of it

oh...I see.

The stats you got were "right."

My stats were apparantly "wrong."

If find it interesting although not surprising that for the full view of the forum, I posted mine. You chose not to post yours although you were the one accusing me of "not doing my homework."

Ok, it all makes sense now. Ball's in your court "mate."

oh...I see.

The stats you got were "right."

My stats were apparantly "wrong."

If find it interesting although not surprising that for the full view of the forum, I posted mine. You chose not to post yours although you were the one accusing me of "not doing my homework."

Ok, it all makes sense now. Ball's in your court "mate."

I did post my stats, see the highlighted bits. Dunno why in a discussion of Koeman playing MF you chose to post the 1st 12 games in which RK wasnt actually at the club, couldnt possibly be to massage the truth somewhat could it billy, in the vain hope no one would check the correct stats. For the record mine came from eurosport

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back