Votes: 37 42.5%
  • Pay no more than £10 million

Votes: 30 34.5%
  • Pay what is necessary to get him here

Votes: 10 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of the day manny's future is in his own hands, if he wants to stay then he'll knuckle down and work his bollox off, at least if the tricks, flicks and skills arent quite working then doing the dirty jobs and grafting from box to box will win a few friends and show that he cares. If he doesnt want to be a part of our future then we'll see no improvement. We have not really lost anything by giving the loan a go though.

I see that you conveniently left out the part about how he and his manager had a past history and that Koeman wasn't gonna play him no matter what. Hard to live up to hype when you aren't playing.

All the facts next time please.

And spot on post Toxteth. Too many people want the finished article at 21 years old but only want to pay 3M for it.

...and I'd like a puppy, a lollipop, World Peace....

I see you conveniantly missed my thread were you were told RK played him from the start in his 1st 5 games.
All Facts, he actually only played 1 game under the manager who 'bought' him

he is a great talent. i hope he stays next season. moyes will shave a few million off the price and then turn him into a star.

I see you conveniantly missed my thread were you were told RK played him from the start in his 1st 5 games.

Links please.

Interesting as I looked at just about every Valencia box score and either saw Manny clicking his heels on the bench or getting a spot substitution appearance here and there under Koeman.

I'm fairly confident that Koeman wasn't starting him from the off. If he was, he wouldn't be here now would he?

Links please.

Interesting as I looked at just about every Valencia box score and either saw Manny clicking his heels on the bench or getting a spot substitution appearance here and there under Koeman.

I'm fairly confident that Koeman wasn't starting him from the off. If he was, he wouldn't be here now would he?

Do the groundwork yourself.........like i did billy.
You can be as confident as you want billy but this will not stop you being any less wrong on this. As for your last point, i actually asked you that. How can a supposedly 'good talent' keep getting dropped and moved on? The answer smacks you in the face

You can be as confident as you want billy but this will not stop you being any less wrong on this. As for your last point, i actually asked you that. How can a supposedly 'good talent' keep getting dropped and moved on? The answer smacks you in the face

chill out dude.

I'm not the one claiming he was playing on a regular basis with Valencia.

I believe the burden of proof lies on you to show this being the case.

• Sept. 2 vs. Almeria.....................Came in for Morientes at minute '90
  • Sept. 14 vs. Valladolid...........................Did not play (DNP)
  • Sept. 18 vs. Schalke.........................DNP
  • Sept. 23 vs. Real Betis.....................Played 90 minutes
  • Sept. 26 vs. Getafe...........................DNP
  • Sept. 20 vs. Rec. Huelva..................DNP
  • Oct. 3 vs. Chelsea.............................DNP
  • Oct. 6 vs. Espanyol...........................DNP
  • Oct. 20 vs. Deportiva la Coruna........DNP
  • Oct. 24 vs. Rosenborg......................DNP
  • Oct. 28 vs. Sevilla.............................DNP
  • Oct. 31 vs. Real Madrid......................DNP
  • Nov. 3 vs. Mallorca...........................Played 90 Minutes
  • Nov. 6 vs. Rosenborg.......................Played 90 Minutes
  • Nov. 10 vs. Real Murcia....................DNP
  • Nov. 25 vs. Racing Santander...........Came in for Joaquin at minute '68
  • Nov. 28 vs. Schalke.........................Came in for Morientes at minute '35
  • Dec. 2 vs. Athletic Bilbao...................Played 90 Minutes
  • Dec. 8 vs. Osasuna..........................DNP
  • Dec. 11 vs. Chelsea.........................Came in for Miguel at minute '64
  • Dec. 15 vs. Barcelona........................DNP
  • Dec. 19 vs. Real Union Irun..............(no statistics)

Well Halewood. Looks like if you had actually done the homework that you couldn't be arsed to do, you wouldn't have embarrassed yourself with your original post. The fact that he got a few starts under Koeman doesn't mean he wasn't in the shop window and the issues between the two were well known. However, he started the first two matches under Koeman (Koeman took over on Oct. 31st) and then subbed a few after that.

Manny could have played in 22 matches.
  • He played the full 90 minutes in 4 of them.
  • He subbed in off the bench in 4 of them.
  • He didn't figure at all in 14 of them (63% of all matches)

Next time you call someone out in a post, be damn sure that you know what the hell you're talking about. (n)

Last edited:

See above.

Now go away or learn to play nice with all of the other forum posters.

I see that you conveniently left out the part about how he and his manager had a past history and that Koeman wasn't gonna play him no matter what. Hard to live up to hype when you aren't playing.

All the facts next time please.

And spot on post Toxteth. Too many people want the finished article at 21 years old but only want to pay 3M for it.

...and I'd like a puppy, a lollipop, World Peace....

Well Bill lets have a look at this, the guy who bought him played him once, Koeman played him more. Even you have said that he was not worth much more than £5 mil so how come I'm wrong when they are reported to have paid more than £14 million for him, convenient I don't think so.

TX Bill. How many games did Terry Curran play before he came to us?
I want minutes on the pitch, how many times he lost the ball and size of his 'tache.

I've put pay no more than £5 million but I think thats a little too harsh. I have heard prices quoted at being around £8 million and I think we should seriously consider structured (apps/caps based) offers of around that price mark, but only if his performances improve considerably. Hopefully when we get our midfield back to full fitness, and get a run of games between Osman, Pienaar, Arteta and Fernandes, we will start to see the quality shine through.

I think the main thing is to tie up the Pienaar deal. As I expected, Fernandes came with far too much hype - and if he doesn't start living up to it, I dont see how we can justify pricetags of £12 million+.

HE DANCED TO THE LEFT
HE DANCED TO THE RIGHT
THAT BOY FERNANDES
MADE ARSENAL LOOK [Poor language removed].

Well Bill lets have a look at this, the guy who bought him played him once, Koeman played him more. Even you have said that he was not worth much more than £5 mil so how come I'm wrong when they are reported to have paid more than £14 million for him, convenient I don't think so.

Yeah, Koeman played him a lot more. Relatively speaking. Fact is that he hardly played at all at Valencia for a variety of reasons that we can all speculate about until the cows come home. But their loss is our gain. They felt he was surplus to requirements and right now, we've got him on loan, presumably with some sort of option to buy.

I answered the poll the way it was asked.

With his performance based on only three matches, I can't say that anyone, myself included, could say he's shown himself to be worth 10M+. I'd say fitness is the main culprit there but if he's got a bit of an attitude adjustment coming which a few on here feel he needs, then Moyes is the man to make just such an adjustment.

...but then were not talking about having him for just three matches or just for the rest of his loan. We're talking potentially about a 5 year deal.

We just sold James McFadden to Birmingham for a reported 5.5MM.

Does anyone really think we'd be talking about a permanent move where Manny's concerned without figures in the 7M to 8M range being bandied about? If they do, they need to take another look at today's transfer market. A Portugal U21 who's already proven he can play in the Premier League.

Those are today's prices, like it or not.

So while you'd pay no more than 5M for him Monty, chances are if we don't cough up at least 8M, someone else will recognize his value, both now and future, and snap him up.

Valencia obviously paid over the top for him if 14M is in fact what they had to shell out. I'd wager they aren't going to recoup anywhere close to that number if they sell him, either to us or another club.

I keep hearing how Everton needs to keep getting world class players at every position and I don't disagree with that line of thinking. But if you want world class players OR potential world class type players, you're going to pay world class prices more often than not. Yeah but TX, why didn't Chelsea or ManU or Arsenal come in for him if he's that good?

Well why didn't any of those teams come in for Arteta, Cahill, Lescott, etc...??

Moyes has proven himself to be shrewd in the transfer market where Arteta, Cahill, Yobo, and Lescott are concerned. He'll show even more shrewdness (I'm guessing that's a word) when he ties up Pienaar to a long term deal.

If Moyes feels that Manny can do a job for us and fits into the Everton system, the rest assured, he'll pay what he feels is fair market value. If he thinks he'll have to pay more than that, then he won't. I wholeheartedly trust Moyes in the transfer market. He's got a proven track record.

Lastly, I really really feel this guy could be our next "Arteta" with his current skill level and potential to do even more as he matures as a player. If I'm proven wrong and he ends up being a bust, then I'll be the first to post on the official "I was wrong about Manny thread."

TX Bill. How many games did Terry Curran play before he came to us?
I want minutes on the pitch, how many times he lost the ball and size of his 'tache.

I was lucky enough to be able to find the Valencia info. I wouldn't even know where to begin on Terry Curran...:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back