Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newcastle have just qualified for the champions league, so the powers that be won't be thinking about us any more.

FFP was designed to stop teams like Newcastle gatecrashing the party, so their focus will now be on how to get rs and chelsea back in, and Newcastle out

Yes and no, Newcastle are state owned so they can present their manipulation of the rules in a much more palatable way than almost every other club in world football.

Newcastle, sadly, will be welcomed into the clique of clubs above the law with open arms and equally as open wallets.

Yes and no, Newcastle are state owned so they can present their manipulation of the rules in a much more palatable way than almost every other club in world football.

Newcastle, sadly, will be welcomed into the clique of clubs above the law with open arms and equally as open wallets.
You're probably right. Won't be long until sky start talking about the Super Seven.

Would not be so sure of that. Could be similar to the West Ham v sheff Utd case where a West Ham had to settle due to the Carlos Tevez transfer. Leeds and Saints would probably not be successful as they did not finish 3rd from bottom. The independent panel would be aware of the possible implications of delivering a sporting penalty in this situation. If it is a small technicality on one transfer I would be shocked if it is a sporting penalty
We were rock bottom when the Tevez thing came out and tbf not many of us could have complained if the PL had deducted 10 points there and then. I think it was about September. But they used the phrase 'Not fair on the fans', and obviously didn't see us winning 7 out of our last 9 games.

So there is your precedent. And like the Blunts were back then, clubs are clutching at straws to deflect their own inadequencies.

I think you'll get a transfer embago and a hefty fine though. And the City comparison is true. They won't want to upset the apple cart too much.

in terms of the legal action against the club by the other clubs. It won’t go anywhere.

The rules were set by the governing body, the PL.

The PL then has to apply the rules and any punishments.

If they have failed to do that, then the argument is with the PL.

imagine if we had got relegated last season by a point. Would we have sued the Man City player who handballed and got away with it when we didn’t get a pen? He cheated, it cost us.

in terms of the legal action against the club by the other clubs. It won’t go anywhere.

The rules were set by the governing body, the PL.

The PL then has to apply the rules and any punishments.

If they have failed to do that, then the argument is with the PL.

imagine if we had got relegated last season by a point. Would we have sued the Man City player who handballed and got away with it when we didn’t get a pen? He cheated, it cost us.

In terms of legal action by other clubs, you say Sir. I say this could be another Everton first ! :)

We were rock bottom when the Tevez thing came out and tbf not many of us could have complained if the PL had deducted 10 points there and then. I think it was about September. But they used the phrase 'Not fair on the fans', and obviously didn't see us winning 7 out of our last 9 games.

So there is your precedent. And like the Blunts were back then, clubs are clutching at straws to deflect their own inadequencies.

I think you'll get a transfer embago and a hefty fine though. And the City comparison is true. They won't want to upset the apple cart too much.

Clutching at straws indeed, but mostly by a couple of media idiots who are too thick or lazy to do proper journalism.

As someone who was brought up on the south coast and held a southampton season ticket for 16yrs running until last season, I can assure you Saints fans just find this ridiculous. They are very aware why they were relegated. They were pants and appointed 2 panic managers out of their depth, while buying rubbish players.

All clubs have a few bonker fans who distort reality to suit an agenda or vent rage but Saints fans are rightly focusing on board inadequacies and lack of coherent planning, which rings a few bells :)

I remember the introduction of the retrospective bans for diving to award penalties.

If I recall only one player ever dived! to win a penalty & get a ban. Our sweet Prince.

I can see this going the same way.

Tax issue on the stadium, according to Joyce

"The charge, which is understood to relate to a tax issue surrounding loans for the club’s new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock, was levelled against Everton in March after the submission of their accounts for the 2021-22 campaign. Goodison Park officials have been confident they will prove they are compliant."

Amidst all that's gone on over the last few weeks, I read somewhere that the PL had blocked some of our proposed signings over the last 12 months. Supposedly there was genuine surprise within the club and elsewhere that we had been charged.

It may have been a piece in The Arthritic but I'm not sure, my apologies.

If it had any credibility, then surely its something in our favour.

Hasn't it been two years of monitoring and co-operation already? It makes the case to apply retrospective punishment in those circumstances more difficult.

I guess the bottom line is that we just don't know, but I'd take a final warning / suspended sanction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back