Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tax issue on the stadium, according to Joyce

"The charge, which is understood to relate to a tax issue surrounding loans for the club’s new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock, was levelled against Everton in March after the submission of their accounts for the 2021-22 campaign. Goodison Park officials have been confident they will prove they are compliant."

If true.... it'll all be a waste of time and we'll be home and dry.

I thought anything to do with the stadium isn't linked to ffp?

It shouldn't be.

But I've said before... according to the rules we needed to be sent for an independent review because of the losses as a formality.

The fact it could be just clarifying tax on loans for infrastructure, it's just a reason to give the commission something to do as they tick a box.

I thought anything to do with the stadium isn't linked to ffp?
Could just be interpretation. Could be anything. Tax relief claimed on business loan interest used in our P&S justification calculation, but those loans relate wholly to the stadium so should/shouldn’t the tax relief be included blah blah.

Probably will be something no one thought to include in the regulations so obviously clubs will interpret it in a way that allows the most spending. Accused of breaking a rule that isn’t specifically written but could be implied.

Since no one really knows the details of the P&S calculations and allowances, it’s all pure speculation. But feel much better knowing it’s not relating to the Richy sale or Icelands “sick pay” or something more related to results.

Local rags in Leicester and Leeds still regurgitating the Guardian waffle this morning and claiming they are all about to get £2000000billion in compo.

If that charge is the only thing, and even then the charge doesnt make sense, we should complain about all the other teams that complained about us, I bet some of them are in a worst place than us lol
deformation of character!! our name has been dragged through the mud by those other clubs and the Premierleague. Everton are the only ones allowed to make a mockery of Everton

Could just be interpretation. Could be anything. Tax relief claimed on business loan interest used in our P&S justification calculation, but those loans relate wholly to the stadium so should/shouldn’t the tax relief be included blah blah.

Probably will be something no one thought to include in the regulations so obviously clubs will interpret it in a way that allows the most spending. Accused of breaking a rule that isn’t specifically written but could be implied.

Since no one really knows the details of the P&S calculations and allowances, it’s all pure speculation. But feel much better knowing it’s not relating to the Richy sale or Icelands “sick pay” or something more related to results.

Local rags in Leicester and Leeds still regurgitating the Guardian waffle this morning and claiming they are all about to get £2000000billion in compo.

It reminds me slightly of the Red Bull F1 team issue where they spent too much on staff food. Then got fined 7m and was sanctioned to limited testing time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back