Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure where this new found confidence comes from thinking its not an issue as the mis-statement relates to tax on stadium loans.
Especially with our board.

The FFP and Profit and Sustainability rules are to be taken as a whole on the clubs bottom line - could be argued it doesn't matter if you spend £20m on a player of mis-state your tax liability by £20m it has the same effect on your P&S...we all think the PL was ratifying whether we could buy anyone the last few years but they wouldn't be auditing our tax calculations and application of accounting principles during that period. If we F*cked that up like most other things under the stewardship of this board we've broke the rules.

As others have said no doubt Everton will be the guinea pigs for the PL new found backbone but I still doubt much will come of this even.

Foreshocks are earthquakes that precede larger earthquakes in the same location.

Forgive me for writing this but it is something that has been on my mind for some time.

What if the last two seasons close calls are just the warmup?

As the stadium finish line is in sight the main event finally happens. Complete boardroom disarray, Mosh stripping the squad to pay for the ground and massive FFP sanctions are applied.

I'm not confident a happy ending is on the horizon.

Clutching at straws indeed, but mostly by a couple of media idiots who are too thick or lazy to do proper journalism.

As someone who was brought up on the south coast and held a southampton season ticket for 16yrs running until last season, I can assure you Saints fans just find this ridiculous. They are very aware why they were relegated. They were pants and appointed 2 panic managers out of their depth, while buying rubbish players.

All clubs have a few bonker fans who distort reality to suit an agenda or vent rage but Saints fans are rightly focusing on board inadequacies and lack of coherent planning, which rings a few bells :)
That sounds like they're directing their concentration at the right targets. All the fans from the teams that got relegated should be looking at what happened within their own clubs that meant they went down in what was a very poor league from midtable down.

Could just be interpretation. Could be anything. Tax relief claimed on business loan interest used in our P&S justification calculation, but those loans relate wholly to the stadium so should/shouldn’t the tax relief be included blah blah.

Probably will be something no one thought to include in the regulations so obviously clubs will interpret it in a way that allows the most spending. Accused of breaking a rule that isn’t specifically written but could be implied.

Since no one really knows the details of the P&S calculations and allowances, it’s all pure speculation. But feel much better knowing it’s not relating to the Richy sale or Icelands “sick pay” or something more related to results.

Local rags in Leicester and Leeds still regurgitating the Guardian waffle this morning and claiming they are all about to get £2000000billion in compo.

And why we've not been flagged with specific breaches like City have.

Those little no mark, fart stain clubs trying to sue Everton for a non-football related ffp breach must be feeling proper made up with themselves after the stadium tax issue news today. Well played lids.

Always seemed nuts that they continued to go after us after we’ve been working so closely with the premier league for the last few transfer windows, and being told what we could spend.

Maybe they really should have focused on Manchester City’s multiple breaches instead….

Those little no mark, fart stain clubs trying to sue Everton for a non-football related ffp breach must be feeling proper made up with themselves after the stadium tax issue news today. Well played lids.

Always seemed nuts that they continued to go after us after we’ve been working so closely with the premier league for the last few transfer windows, and being told what we could spend.

Maybe they really should have focused on Manchester City’s multiple breaches instead….

Evertons board would still shoot themselves in the foot if they were quadriplegic and only had a spoon available.

Foreshocks are earthquakes that precede larger earthquakes in the same location.

Forgive me for writing this but it is something that has been on my mind for some time.

What if the last two seasons close calls are just the warmup?

As the stadium finish line is in sight the main event finally happens. Complete boardroom disarray, Mosh stripping the squad to pay for the ground and massive FFP sanctions are applied.

I'm not confident a happy ending is on the horizon.
getting a bit sniffy on this one!

1686825812133.webp

I'm not sure where this new found confidence comes from thinking its not an issue as the mis-statement relates to tax on stadium loans.

The FFP and Profit and Sustainability rules are to be taken as a whole on the clubs bottom line - could be argued it doesn't matter if you spend £20m on a player of mis-state your tax liability by £20m it has the same effect on your P&S...we all think the PL was ratifying whether we could buy anyone the last few years but they wouldn't be auditing our tax calculations and application of accounting principles during that period. If we F*cked that up like most other things under the stewardship of this board we've broke the rules.

As others have said no doubt Everton will be the guinea pigs for the PL new found backbone but I still doubt much will come of this even.

But I think the point is they'll be questioning something very specific regards to tax on loans as part of infrastructure.

Any links with operations is gonna prove what? We made bigger losses? Reporting a loss is reporting a loss and we've not hidden ours.

It sounds very much thin on the ground to do anything meaningful against it bar a fine if they think we've lied about tax on loans for a new stadium.

They gonna be going through City's taxes too?

shiba-inu-dog.gif

Correct me if I’m wrong, but we have exceeded the FFP losses, right? With or without some tax issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back