Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s about £30m isn’t it, so we’d still be well in breach of P&S.

I'm honestly sure 100% sure mate.

We need to do better than 2017/18 which was a loss of £13m.

Predictions seem to range from 50-70m loss (I'm inclined to think it will be the smaller end, but need to see the accounts properly first). Within that 50m there are also provisions to write off for stadium, youth team, womens team etc. I dont know on the stadium, but womens and youth team may account for 10-15m.

So if you subtract 50 by say 15 you are at 35. We can see where whether USM is allowed to be written down or not is a key determining factor.

All hypothetical of course, but I'm trying to work on as concrete numbers as possible.

Are the premier league really gonna deduct points from man city and Everton, cant see it... Then will other clubs get sanctioned? Competition will become me a bit silly

Points have only been deducted twice by the PL = Portsmouth were deducted 9pts for going to administration and Boro, 3pts for missing a fixture.

Tottenham were deducted 12 points and banned from the FA Cup for dodgy accounting in the mid 90’s. The punishments were dished out in February 1994, with them scheduled to be enacted in the following 94/95 season.

Upon appeal, Tottenham were allowed to play in the 94/95 FA Cup, and eventually had their points deductions completely withdrawn after they agreed to pay several fines.

This was the FA rather than the PL, yet the points deductions were to apply to the Premier League competition of 94/95. So I’m not sure how that worked, with the PL and FA being different entities?

I'm honestly sure 100% sure mate.

We need to do better than 2017/18 which was a loss of £13m.

Predictions seem to range from 50-70m loss (I'm inclined to think it will be the smaller end, but need to see the accounts properly first). Within that 50m there are also provisions to write off for stadium, youth team, womens team etc. I dont know on the stadium, but womens and youth team may account for 10-15m.

So if you subtract 50 by say 15 you are at 35. We can see where whether USM is allowed to be written down or not is a key determining factor.

All hypothetical of course, but I'm trying to work on as concrete numbers as possible.

We’ll only know for sure when we see the 2021/22 accounts anyway. Esk is forecasting that our rolling 3 year loss will be over £200m so even knocking the USM sponsorship off that we won’t be anywhere near the £105m figure needed to be on the right side of the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back