Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit illogical for the PL to issue sanctions if it comes to that when the club has been co-operating with PL and when they dismissed the complaints from last season. The situation has not deteriorated since then.
Other clubs and/or elements within the PL have kicked off on this under pressure to show due process.

I'm preparing for the worst possible outcome which in my opinion would be a points deduction next season
This seems to be a 'test case' for the upcoming City case, I can fully see them making a example out of us.

Last season, what exactly was the Premier Leagues response to the Burnley and Leeds complaint? Did they ever officially release a statement? The clubs 'spokesperson' has stated numerous times now that we have been 'working closely' with the PL.

So man city get charged but have at least 6 league titles and what about 16 trophies over all to show for their breaches. Us on the other hand , we’ve smashed these sustainability rules and all we’ve got to show for it is managing to stay up against palace .

Cheers bill & mosh

Remember the “should we break FFP to get Europe?” threads? We’ve broke FFP to probably get relegated.

I'm preparing for the worst possible outcome which in my opinion would be a points deduction next season
This seems to be a 'test case' for the upcoming City case, I can fully see them making a example out of us.

Last season, what exactly was the Premier Leagues response to the Burnley and Leeds complaint? Did they ever officially release a statement? The clubs 'spokesperson' has stated numerous times now that we have been 'working closely' with the PL.
I do think they will be somewhat reluctant to open the can of worms that is points deductions. As soon as you do that the precedent is set for future cases - deduct us 6 points (this season or next) for what sounds like one charge and what do you do if City's years and years of charges are upheld?

And ultimately any sanction that could lead to relegation for us, City or whoever is so costly to those clubs that it will be pursued to the ends of the earth through the courts and you could be looking at injunctions delaying the start of the next season until the courts resolve it. I'm not saying they couldn't if it's a massive and pretty blatant breach (and it might be) but there will be reluctance to go down that road for sure.

Attachments

• F6D0E653-BC82-4DEE-BF3F-BB3CD56DE384.webp
    F6D0E653-BC82-4DEE-BF3F-BB3CD56DE384.webp
    47.8 KB · Views: 41

City didn't co-operate with the PL inquiry while Everton did.

It'd be a funny situation if they didn't punish City more than Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back