Financial Fair Play investigation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I imagine so, but I suspect there will be others not in that position. Not going to speculate on which clubs, but they didn't gain any friends when DBB launched her tirade against the Super League. That will have resulted in the clubs cards bring marked by some.
Yeah of course no point speculating. With regards to DBB she needs to go today or yesterday. However on the super league she was spot on to do what she did. 6 teams pulling away which would have had dire consequences for the entire English football pyramid. But I also agree with you that we are an easy target at present due to our position.

I think that's a sensible appraisal of the situation. Not sure about the bit in bold about relegation but I do agree that Moshiri should not waste any time to sort out this mess and the causes of this mess.

It can do what the feck it wants- it says in the handbook

1679753039344.webp

That's really the only dire circumstance that would warrant a points deduction.

I dont think we'll be remotley in that territory.

This has just happened so everyone is running around a bit hysterical over the worst case scenario. That's natural.

However, the real threat this club is the one it's been all season: relegation THIS season.

We need this where it rightly belongs: on the back burner to be returned to when a decision is made.

Spurs still in limbo as well, all good.

Your right of course we bunker down and focus on the pitch, the longer this rumbles on and hopefully in the summer months the better. In fact you could make a case that if anything is done midseason - its undermining and throws up its own issue in regard to undermining sporting integrity but maybe im being facetious.

Maybe over a quiet July afternoon this will all just go away and we get a 80k fine.

Seems to be a bit of an Omerta over this for some reason - no details of "further comments" on hearing or time line on proceedings - wonder why....

Yes by being part of the dream team Moshiri put together

Takes the flack for the owner who has single handedly caused this mess

So, he’s the human shield, for an owner, who hardly ever sets foot in the UK and occasionally phones doom brains, like Jim White, to chat bubbles with him ?

That’s a real 24hr job that he’s got there Jenny.

When does he find any time for you ?

Your right of course we bunker down and focus on the pitch, the longer this rumbles on and hopefully in the summer months the better. In fact you could make a case that if anything is done midseason - its undermining and throws up its own issue in regard to undermining sporting integrity but maybe im being facetious.

Maybe over a quiet July afternoon this will all just go away and we get a 80k fine.

Seems to be a bit of an Omerta over this for some reason - no details of "further comments" on hearing or time line on proceedings - wonder why....

This won't be fully fleshed out yet.

What will happen ( it's all in the prem guide) is:

The commission will be constituted "as soon as reasonably practicable" W.16. It will send us the full complaint ( probably already prepared by the Prem)- we then have to file a Defence in 14 days W.29 ( usually we can extend this for about a month), then there will be a "directions hearing" W.38 ( the date of which is will be decided by the commision - probably asap)- and then at the directions hearing the commission will set the date for the final hearing.

So no final hearing date for a while yet.

Probably get a transfer embargo.

At least we won't be able to waste any more money on garbage players. Always a bright side.

I'm of the view we will definitely get a penalty against us.

I'm of the view it will be a significant financial penalty (fine) after much arguing against points deductions and embargoes it via lawyers

Which will come out of all our pockets and impact our ability to sign players in future

It is also a cost that is directly resulting from Bill Kenwright and Denise Barrett-Baxendale's gross incompetence. On top of the £1.2 million and £900,000 a year both of them are respectively leaching from us all.

Its outrageous we are literally paying them for this incompetence

The cancellation of the EFC AGM also, by them means holding them to account is being actively inhibited. Deliberately. By them.

This club is a disaster all due to them. Nothing else but them and their deceitfulness and incompetence

We fans & shareholders are literally paying Kenwright and Baxendale for this incompetence. Its a disgrace.

I think they will dock us points for next season if we don't get relegated this season.

They can't touch Man City, but they want to make an example to make sure that the other teams tow the line.

Everton is a good place to start; a small club, and nobody but us will give a S if we are fined, docked points, or relegated.

Same with the Man City referral.

Geting back to our case and those losses: as the Esk states today "the aggregate position for the period 2021/22 worsened from the previous year by virtue of 2021/22 losses being greater than 2017/18 which dropped out of the equation.".

The PL were aware of how our 2021/22 losses would look well before they got the accounts just of late. And they signed off on all Everton signings in the summer. I imagine thats why there's a tone of incredulity about the EFC statement yesterday about being referred under those circumstances.

I'd agree with the Esk also when he proffers the possibility that this allegation leading to a commission has been made to make the PL look like it can clean house itself without any outside interference from government / arbitration bodies.

It can do what the feck it wants- it says in the handbook

View attachment 207349

Yes. Its literally like a court. There are literally going to be lawyers representing EFC and the Premier League board (that works on behalf of the PL members) and/or a panel of at least three one of which may even be either an active judge or a former court judge.

Its literally a judicial case

This won't be fully fleshed out yet.

What will happen ( it's all in the prem guide) is:

The commission will be constituted "as soon as reasonably practicable" W.16. It will send us the full complaint ( probably already prepared by the Prem)- we then have to file a Defence in 14 days W.29 ( usually we can extend this for about a month), then there will be a "directions hearing" W.38 ( the date of which is will be decided by the commision - probably asap)- and then at the directions hearing the commission will set the date for the final hearing.

So no final hearing date for a while yet.

The other thing is the appeals process - there isn't a pathway to refer this to CAS apparently, but there is an appeal process baked in, that could further delay this.

If we can push this out until deep in the summer all the better - funny thing is we prob are in profitability for this year.

Wonder what happens if we are relegated the PL can do nothing as they dont have jurisdiction. lol

Last edited:
So, he’s the human shield, for an owner, who hardly ever sets foot in the UK and occasionally phones doom brains, like Jim White, to chat bubbles with him ?
unfortunately yeah, hard work but someone has to do it
That’s a real 24hr job that he’s got there Jenny.
Dedication to the cause
When does he find any time for you ?
Well he will be on the rock 'n' roll soon so plenty of time for good times just around the corner

Geting back to our case and those losses: as the Esk states today "the aggregate position for the period 2021/22 worsened from the previous year by virtue of 2021/22 losses being greater than 2017/18 which dropped out of the equation.".

The PL were aware of how our 2021/22 losses would look well before they got the accounts just of late. And they signed off on all Everton signings in the summer. I imagine thats why there's a tone of incredulity about the EFC statement yesterday about being referred under those circumstances.

I'd agree with the Esk also when he proffers the possibility that this allegation leading to a commission has been made to make the PL look like it can clean house itself without any outside interference from government / arbitration bodies.

Yeah read the article there a second ago, some good points, (though aware of the agenda also), - especially around the politics of this, id say they are under pressure from other clubs. The regulator is a good point i hadn't considered that plays into this.

Also they will want to drop shapes against the likes of Newcastle, Chelsea and whatever sovereign wealth fund will rock up at Utd.

Many outside forces and politics involved in this in my opinion.

Gas thing is we are more then likely well in profit at the moment.

Last edited:

The UK Government and both major political parties are committed to an independent football regulator by statute.

The Premier League had cause last season for referral. EFC due to Kenwright and Baxendale due to their incompetence made EFC again failed the P&S test. Other Premier League clubs like Leeds and Aston Villa have been lobbying for enforcement against Everton for persistent breaching of the rules

It was only a matter of time and the Premier League has simply bowed to pressure from its members to take action against a persistent breaching of the rules by Kenwright and Baxendale

Its a disgrace and will have long term consequences for Everton Football Club

Kenwright and Baxendale are to blame.

Yeah read the article there a second ago, some good points, (though aware of the agenda also), - especially around the politics of this, id say they are under pressure from other clubs.

Also they will want to drop shapes against the likes of Newcastle, Chelsea and whatever sovereign wealth fund will rock up at Utd.

Many outside forces and politics involved in this in my opinion.

Gas thing is we are more then likely well in profit at the moment.

Other clubs have been lobbying for action. There is likely to be a majority of clubs (> 10) that have called for enforcement action to the Premier League board and they've bowed to the pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back